Author Topic: DIabolo Performace by SaschaJacob  (Read 4197 times)

Toddyupa

DIabolo Performace by SaschaJacob
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
Found this on JTV, and Sascha gave me permission to post it here, so of course, I am!

Juggling.tv - Diaboloperformance by Sascha Jacob in Biberach, Germany

Probably the best Stage Presence ever, and he makes it so Dramatic! All the amazing acting!
pretentious 12 year old

Jannis

• Administrator
Re: DIabolo Performace by SaschaJacob
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »
sascha is a awesome guy! he is very kind, and his skillz are awesome, he showed us at the hannover juggling convention last year a pretty awesome 5d high run!

Arjan

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »
Definitely not the best stage presence ever, that's far overrated. Nice act okay but in my opinion boring material and far over the top acting and moving. I just don't dig creepy moving like animals on stage. He can do some 5 high?

Jannis

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:21:46 PM »
He can do some 5 high?

yes a little bit, he and Benni have practiced it at the Hannover convention

nutt531

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
yeah I think Arjan is right... For me that really not the best stage presence ever . I think you could forgotten some guy like Eric , William wei ling and many others who's got a nice presence on stage to.
But I like it, there are some nice tricks like the genocide between the legs ...
Thomas

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 06:10:10 PM »
to be honest... i didnt like this performance at all.. presence on stage.. nah not the best ever.
I utterly agree with arjan. Moving around like an animal on stage with your legs wide spread (wearing an incredibly tight suit didnt help much there) looks creepy and takes ever single classyness away from the perfomance in my opinion.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
I enjoyed the performance overall.  But the main thing I noticed, however, is how he seemed confined to the center of the stage (little left and right movement at all) for most of the performance.  I think the character he plays offers a lot of allowance for more stage movement (some people seem to not enjoy it - I felt there wasn't enough). 

I don't follow the creepy argument, however.  Perhaps someone could clarify this for me.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:19 PM »
I like the idea of doing a performance in the style of an animal but I don't think that this worked that well. It takes massive balls to be able to perform in such a style so respect to Sascha for that, but the reptile/snake thing made it seem a bit strange.
The tricks were really good but again, the wide stance and strange way of movement distracted from the tricks and made them lack flow.

Still, I really liked the idea and I think Sascha should be very pleased with the performance seeing as it was unique and different from any other routine out there.

Richard

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »
I would rate this as one of the best stage diabolo performances I've seen - probably only second to Lena Khon and the Cube. I love how he didn't over the technical tricks but kept focus on flow and it was really smooth and graceful.

Also, love the over the leg bounces and umbrellas in time with the music.

The costumes and background is a little creepy but I reckon it works.

The only thing I didn't like was that he had the second person on stage clearly showing the extra diabolos while he was doing 1d - I've found that it can be distracting to the crowd when they keep thinking "when is he gonna do 2, or 3?"

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »
I agree that Sasha does have a unique style, and that he really takes some risk with such an act. Il like the fact that Sasha shows us it s possible to mix old style tricks and modern ones in a performance. However, this scenery is not my favourite and I would say I have definetely see more stage presence on diabolo acts (Tony Frebourg, Trespace, Eric Longequel). But Actually more angles on the video would have allow to judge more this aspect if we can really look at Sasha's face expressions.
The second person on stage is not great, but at least Sasha didn't need to run after his diabolo after the drop.
Good work overall, I like to see so many different styles, always usefull to learn. Keep it up Sasha!

Slash

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21:51 PM »
Hey guys,

thanks for your critics I really like to hear what you have to say.
I have to excuse myself for the ancle of the video but it was the best routine i had on vid. So sorry for that. I also think that I am not really getting to Trespasse or some other diaboloartists in the way of stage presence.
The number was created for the winterprogramm of Traumtheater Salome and had to be in this style. But I do like it cause its not usual, still I hear most likely what you have to say about it and I will try to solve the problems you mentioned. For the backround I cant anything, sorry, wasnt my decision. Hopely you enjoyed it anyway.

Take care and see ya  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal