Author Topic: Out of Practice  (Read 12356 times)

Hathaway

• Donator
Re: Out of Practice
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
Hath, to be honest you can't really expect all videos to be filmed like this.

I'd appreciate if you could point out where I made that expectation? What you've done is read what I've said and got completley the wrong conclusion thus making large amounts of irrelevant points.

People are often far to happy to upload a video that they themselves are not even happy with, the edit the clips and put the music to it and then decide its ready when they know its not, probably because they can't be botherd to go back out to a location and re-film a trick (I mean its only a diabolo video who cares?) however when I watch these videos (and I have to say theres not been many that I've seen the whole way through recently) I get a very mega big sad face, and think why haven't they spent more time on it.

Why shouldn't we have high expectations, don't get me wrong if its a practice video then I think of it completley differently but when its a video, that people have put a lot of effort and time into and just haven't quite put in the extra half an hour it deserves, or perhaps as Marko has pointed out a bit of time before hand in reading up on the subject, doing a little bit of research into little things that can make a huge difference, even somethign as basic as white balancing can help and most if not all of modern cameras are capable of this.

Plus getting the angles by yourself is actually pretty easy, there are plenty of videos that have got some very nice cinematography and have been done by one person, L.C.A.B and Quentins also Ben.' I've also got a video thats not been put on here, with some different angles so I can tell you from my own experiance it really isn't that hard, however I am pretty good as far as humans go so maybe its just that?

I think people should think about 2 things in a video, the filming and entertainment on the video, and the skills.
I would have thought that, that was technically 3 things? Filming and entertainment are certainly very different things...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
Yeah i agree that videos shouldnt be spot on every time but do we agree that it is hard to get the same filming and effect in this film by yourself? In my opinion, it sounded like you meant that you hope that diabolo videos where tricks are filmed spot-on, slightly to the side and so on, wont be made anymore and that every video should be like this. I never said it is hard to get the angles and that like in Marko's video but being yourself is hard to get a perspective from taller than yourself and at those angles as in the video.

I would have thought that, that was technically 3 things? Filming and entertainment are certainly very different things...

yeah my bad i just didnt know how to express it in english.. Videography might be a better word for it?
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
My mistake, I feel just dreadful I wasn't aware English wasn't your first language. Hope I caused absolutley no offence because that was never my intention.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal