Author Topic: 2D Suns Tutorial #1. Between the Arms to Left  (Read 5044 times)

Richard

2D Suns Tutorial #1. Between the Arms to Left
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
Hi All,

I've decided to create a tutorial for each 2D sun combo/trick that I know (there are going be a lot).

Here's the first one:

2D Suns tutorial #1 - Between Arms to the Left

Any feedback welcome.

Richard

seán_

Re: 2D Suns Tutorial #1. Between the Arms to Left
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:23:58 AM »
Nice. Very useful

I think you could have got away with a shorter video and possibly shown a **** sun/sun to wrap because that seems to catch people out when learning 2d suns. For further Sun videos it wouldn't be needed but for the base 2d sun I reckon it would help.

Thanks to Bob and everyone else making tutorial videos these days.

Toddyupa

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »
I'm sure it would help, but, as sean_ said, it is very long.
I think a couple of the steps are repeated, and that some of the examples are a little long.
Good job though, i'm sure a lot of people a gonna learn suns soon
pretentious 12 year old

Richard

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
Thanks for the feedback,

the reason I repeated some of the videos a few times is because I like the repetition in tut's so I can visualize.

However, I'm making the second 2D sun tut now so I'll cut it down a little :)

I've got another 10 or so I wanna make.

Rich

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
Thanks. I'm sure that will be immensely useful for years to come.

...so I'll cut it down a little :)
Yeah, maybe a little. However, while the length of this video might start to bore those of us who have long since mastered the move, I'll bet someone struggling with it would appreciate the repetition.

I've got another 10 or so I wanna make.
Great!

I think the bits where you added hovering arrows and circles are most useful. Often there's a disconnect in tutorial videos between the text and diaboloing. Illustrating on the screen helps a lot.

Speaking of all this, there are a couple tutorial videos I've been meaning to make. Sean's Complete Idiots' Guide to 3d Hover Starts, 3d Suns, and 3d Feed the Suns. Try and explain what I discovered that ended my 5 year drought on these moves.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
Sean's Complete Idiots' Guide to 3d Hover Starts

that could me incredibly useful Sean.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Richard

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »

while the length of this video might start to bore those of us who have long since mastered the move, I'll bet someone struggling with it would appreciate the repetition.
[/quote]

Thanks - those are my thoughts exactly. In the times I've used video tutorials, I like to watch them OVER AND OVER AND OVER so I can visualize what's happening.

Jammy7797

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »
I've been trying these lately and im not too consistant with them yet  :'(

I'm not sure what the problem is, i have to really push my right hand left very fast to get the sun without wrapping one diabolo. It just doesn't seem smooth and is very inconsistant.

Any tips or advice?

Or is this normal?(don't think it is)

Oh and how do you do them without turning 90 degrees to the left ??

~Jammy7797
People who can't Juggle, just don't have the balls.
http://www.youtube.com/Jammy7797

Richard

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
Have you got a video of it? It's hard to understand an issue just from words. Also, it may help you to watch what you're doing compared to my video.

Do you wrap the second diabolo as you're finishing the sun?  that's a VERY common problem and it's because your  stick ends aren't keeping together and they're not in the middle of the diabolos.

You can do them in front of you (check out my other tutorials) but it's better to start 90 degrees to the side. Keep at it - it's worth the trouble cause this is the most basic sun for a whole range of other ones. This is the hardest part!!

Jammy7797

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 04:59:20 PM »
Have you got a video of it? It's hard to understand an issue just from words. Also, it may help you to watch what you're doing compared to my video.

Do you wrap the second diabolo as you're finishing the sun?  that's a VERY common problem and it's because your  stick ends aren't keeping together and they're not in the middle of the diabolos.

You can do them in front of you (check out my other tutorials) but it's better to start 90 degrees to the side. Keep at it - it's worth the trouble cause this is the most basic sun for a whole range of other ones. This is the hardest part!!

Ok, ill keep giving it a try and if i get really stuck ill sed a video.

Thanks for the help

~Jammy7797
People who can't Juggle, just don't have the balls.
http://www.youtube.com/Jammy7797

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal