Author Topic: Trick to share (stick grind genocide/suicide?)  (Read 5839 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Trick to share (stick grind genocide/suicide?)
« on: July 03, 2005, 09:04:04 AM »
I don't know what this trick is but it is fun to do.Get the diabolo set up for a genocidedo a genocide but grind the diabolo on the stick. The string won't catch the diabolo which is grinding the 1st time it spins around. Keep the diabolo grinding and as the stick swings around the second time it will wrap around the diabolo's axel(right backwrap). Kick the stick that will be swinging left to the right, let the diabolo that is still grinding fall off the stick and you are in an infinate suicide.

keep the diabolo grinding until the infinate suicide.

I haven't seen this done before and i can't pull it every time. I'll try and video it if I can find a camera. Maybe someone else will be able to do it and film it as i'm not that good anyway.

Hope you like it,

Leo.
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
man that is an extremely confusing description, why dont you just film yourself?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
I don't have a camera and I can't afford one.

sorry,

Leo

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 11:18:11 AM »
Maybe someone will be able to film it at epcc.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »
There's a trick I like doing which starts a little like that.  It starts as if I'm doing a standard suicide, letting go of the right stick.  But I swing it too quickly, so the string moves quicker than the diabolo, causing a little throw.  I catch the diabolo in a stick grind on the left stick.   I get out of it by rotating the stick over the axle, putting an LH frontwrap onto it so the other stick slowcides back to my hand from the floor.  That's another one which is probably easier to show in person!

seán_

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »
:?

If you mean do a stick grind and swing the stick around so it wraps the axle then thats been done.

but it sounds like a different variation of that concept with a stick kick and infinite suicide tagged on.

What might have helped would be
which side of the string do you start on
which stick do you grind on and which way is it pointing
which direction do you swing the stick.

video would be favourite though, practice it so people going to EPCC can see it.

edit: @Barnesy, what is the second diabolo doing?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 12:03:42 PM »
It's very hit and miss but I've got a week to practice it in spain with Bill and Mark maybe they could do it? anyway my last post for a week see you in a week.

Leo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal