Author Topic: Thank you, Diabolo.ca  (Read 4066 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Thank you, Diabolo.ca
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »
So as some of you may or may not know, I've currently been touring with the Great Moscow Circus throughout Australia.
As of yesterday I got the offer to stay with them long term with the show for the rest of this tour, which is to around the end of September next year. For me, this is pretty huge and looking back on everything I've done, I couldn't have done it without diabolo.ca and so for that I give a huge, HUGE thanks to Sean, the moderators and everyone who made this place happen. Without you guys I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing right now, this site has brought me along from when I was only just learning the basics of one diabolo and now I'm on a long term tour with a full scale travelling circus.

All of you, thanks.

William.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Richard

Re: Thank you, Diabolo.ca
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
Nice one mate!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:15:20 AM »
Wow, William, congratulations!

Wis

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »
Congratulations!
After your progression and the great acts that I´ve seen you pulling out, you certainly deserve that huge tour.

Thank you for being a high skilled and active part of the forum for so long. (even if i´m just a new guy here)

Break a leg! ;)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

martijn

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »
Awesome, have fun there!

Janey

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »
nice william and good luck :D

Jannis

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »
nice! you should film your show and upload it^^

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 05:47:09 AM »
I'm forever changing my act. When I start performing with 4, I will film and post most likely.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Toddyupa

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 07:39:15 AM »
Sweet Will! A kid I know saw you perform recently. He said to me "he was doing what you do, only better" "he's the best ever" and  when I said "he did 3 as well right?" (i figured it was you as he said that it was a kid and he had blonde hair) he said... "well, he did one. hen he did 2 and then 3 and then four and then he did throwing five but then one came off". !! (i'm not sure if this is just the crazy mind of a 6 year old on not, probably is as I read your most recent comment). Anyway, good luck, hopefully coming closer into Vic than ALbury later on ...? :)

pretentious 12 year old

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:42 AM »
Haha. So far I've only gotten up to three in the show. Four will be in there eventually, I need to get the start/finish clean-er. I'm guessing we'll be in Melb sometime, we'll be spending quite alot of time in Sydney from what I've heard. But all I can confirm is manly in a weeks time then onto Canberra for three weeks after two weeks in Manly.

Richard

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
I used to live in Manly - some really nice beaches there and a great snorkel beach (fairlight beach). It's a cool place to be in :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »
That's awesome William! Glad we could be of help.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 12:18:22 AM »
That is awesome news! You're already amazing, but you're going to emerge from this experience as a real pro. Wish they'd bring you on an American tour!

The Void

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »
...I've currently been touring with the Great Moscow Circus throughout Australia.
As of yesterday I got the offer to stay with them long term with the show for the rest of this tour, which is to around the end of September next year.
So from temp to full time employee? Hope you asked for a pay rise!

The Void
Lost his vortex
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
Yeah. At first it was only going to be 1.5 months on the tassie tour (my home state) then they asked if I wanted to stay on to the mainland until the end of May. And now it's a permanent position. Haha that might happen. Now as I'm on full time I'm looking for other side jobs too. I work as an assistant in the lighting/electrical work for when we set up/pull down the tent. Maybe I'll source a few other little jobs too. Lion Tamer?

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46:07 PM »
Are you going to do 4d in the shows?
fluffy kitty

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 02:49:32 AM »
William,

Make sure you always wear gloves while doing the electrical work.  A smashed finger would really hamper your performance! :(

-Jason

RLF_

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
Congratulasion from France William.
Come on, I sell 3 Finesse with Large Axe: http://forum.2diabolos.com/topic/finesse

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal