Author Topic: Finesse Cups Warping  (Read 2721 times)

Burnin

Finesse Cups Warping
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Hey guys,

Very sadly enough, I discovered my Finesse cups were warped because of high throws... I read a thread were it said that you had to put them in hot water or in an oven, but those were Sundias I think

Finesse certainly aren't the same material so what should I do?

Thanks,

Stephan

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Finesse Cups Warping
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
Based on my extensive testing, Finesses do better in the oven at a temperature of 87.3 degrees C vs. the 91.7 degrees for Sundias.  ::)

On a more serious note, they're all somewhat similar synthetic compounds. Same rules should apply. Results may vary slightly. Over the years I've always found Finesses eventually popped back to round on their own, but a little heat might persuade them.

Just don't get them too hot and melt them! And if going the oven route, put some non-stick paper under too. I would think the near boiling water option would have less chance of damaging them. Might want to try that first.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
The brief period I used finess I found they just return on their own accord. Be careful though through diying diabolos I have a couple that are now off balance (I use hot water) it doesn't even have to be boiling to make a slight difference, and a slight difference will stop it from playing true...

Richard

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:12 PM »
U could also use a hair dryer to soften them up.

I personally would use boiling water over an oven.

gir

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 06:26:53 AM »
this thread seems vaguely related to my question, so, ill ask it
does anyone know the temperature at which a finesse melts and then if you can hold it in a liquid state indefinitely, ie. long enough to pour into a mold?

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:54:20 PM »
Based on my extensive testing, Finesses do better in the oven at a temperature of 87.3 degrees C vs. the 91.7 degrees for Sundias.  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal