Author Topic: my first diabolo promo video  (Read 2401 times)

jacky

my first diabolo promo video
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
this is my first diabolo promo video,my wearing is not that good cause of i only have 1 days to make the promo video it's too urgent so i never think of good wearing.well i not very good at it but hope you guys like it..
(jacky diabolo)

enjoy the video!!!

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
Re: my first diabolo promo video
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:38:08 PM »
Not bad  ;)
but try to watch your body position more...might help :)
with 3 for example

Rickr

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
wow you're really awesome!

jacky

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
thanks...in singapore it's very hard to train cause in singapore hard to find diabolo player like me(i mean people who crazy for diabolo)i always train on my own n i get this result..
i'am going to taiwan to take part the diabolo competition soon!!!(I LOVE TAIWAN)

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:51 PM »
Very nice.

Mr_Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »
good video, though I don't believe that you play since 7 years, 4-7 hours a day to have that skills. After 1 and a half year you could get that good with this enormus training time.
You could film from more position and in front of better places but good first video!

|Mr_Alex|
you say goodbay i say halo

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »
I don't believe that you play since 7 years, 4-7 hours a day to have that skills. After 1 and a half year you could get that good with this enormus training time.
|Mr_Alex|

Very diplomatic way of saying what I was thinking...

Not sure what you're trying to promote with this...are you trying to get into performing or something? If so I guess I can understand the lower technicality of tricks as they would be tricks that would be seen in a performance. No offense, but I wouldn't hire you...no presence.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 01:12:46 AM »
Hello Jacky
May I ask you for what opportunity you need to edit this video urgently?
You definetely have a great set of skills, completely enough to be able to find some performances here and around. Here's a few points i would say you should think though of for a promo video:
- Nobody care to know how many years and hours you ve been training on diabolo, just keep this for you!
- Scenery is way more important than only tricks, so as you noticed yourself, it s important to make an effort on the clothes, the locations, angles and the editing.
- 4 minutes could be too long (even though it doesn't disturb me that much). Sometimes a 1-2 minutes very dynamic clip could be way more efficient.
- Try to find a way to differentiate yourself from other performers (for example, a lot of diabolists in Asia use this type of techno-electro-remix music, why not trying something else?)

I hope you would have get your job anyway and that would help you for your next video!

jacky

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »
thanks everyone...

Richard

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
I agree with Nico - you have some great skills. However the backgrounds are more for someone just practicing 'at home' and the music is pretty similar to a lot of videos from that area. don't make you stand out from the crowd.

Well done on the nice infinite suicide routine.

Good luck!

Jannis

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »
I don't believe that you play since 7 years, 4-7 hours a day to have that skills. After 1 and a half year you could get that good with this enormus training time.

me, too. I'm playing since 2 1/2 years and i think even my skill level is much higher then yours, even if you can play 3 diabolos.
but for your first video it seems to be alright.

cheers Jannis

Wis

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
I think his level is really high. It's just that he is working to get all those trick solid. It is hard to make them so solid to play them on stage. He says that he would like to go on competition. In Asia people is not so crazy about integrals. Most of them prefer solid hard suicides.
But anyway I agree that with so many hours practicing you must have more skills than those ones that you are showing in the video. Or at least you 2 diabolos tricks should be more solid.
I would prefer if you tried to put more creativity into your routines... and also...into the music selection. :)
The funniest part is that you started apologising because of clothes. Perhaps in Asia they care more about this. It was just ok. About the locations. for me they are fine. You have gone to the street and you have chosen the locations that you like. It is not the same as filiming yourself in your garden or at home, that makes videos look half good as they really are. (usually)
Angles are perhaps a bit worse. Getting a tripod might help. You can work on this
Good luck in Taiwan!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

jacky

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
well...i really did train that long but everything beside me is(no one play diabolo around me,no motivation,family n friend don't support me n they even ask me to quit) i did it all by myself.it's quite lonely but i belive that one thing i'am very strong is i never give up,as long that i keep this word NGU(never give up)in my heart i belive i would be a strong player 1 day even if i already old:)i would build a diabolo world in singapore and i also belive that most of the guys here will be NGU that's why it's make everyone a strong diabolo player in diabolo.ca :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal