Author Topic: infinite suicide tutorial - ep2992  (Read 4482 times)

ep2992

infinite suicide tutorial - ep2992
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:22:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
I just made an infinite suicide tutorial.
Check it out and comment if you think it's helpful.
Also, while your there you might want to check out my video of jugglers at the Pratt Juggle this convention in Brooklyn. Not a lot of diabolo in it though.
ep2992's infinite suicide diabolo tutorial
The convention video can be seen on my channel.
Thanks,
-EP

Richard

Re: infinite suicide tutorial - ep2992
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:24:35 PM »
Good video and slo mo's - My feedback is to include comments about how to actually do the trick.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
yeah, not a bad effort.

Here are a few things I would have mentioned:

- When you release the stick from the non-dominant hand, you need to keep the string taught by throwing the stick out to the side. On your video you can see this visually really well, you just didn't explain it.
- Much more in-depth description of the hand movement. ie, smoothly pull up, fast re-wrap under the diabolo, the movement isn't circular, its egg shaped. You did touch on some of this, but to really understand how to do the trick I think more detail is needed.
- The importance of having the diabolo close to the stick and not halfway down the string.

Wigg wigg

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
Looks cool ;) got to try it!!!
What diabolo do you have?
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
Nice video, but you have to mention left wrap for lefties. I wish I had came earlier to the convention, or had stalked the cameras, because I didn't see myself at all in any of the videos.
fluffy kitty

ep2992

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
Thanks for the comments, guys.
I'll keep them in mind if/when I make a new tutorial.
Also, wigg, I used a finesse ( its a Mr. Babache, I can't remember if it was a g2 or a g3, but either will work.)
Although a bearing diabolo might make it easier. (but not necessary)
-Ep

Richard

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
I've found bearings are harder with infinite suicides

Wigg wigg

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
Soooooooooooooooo one of you say it's harder with bearings and the other one says it's easyer with bearings, IM COMFUSED :'(!!!  I've got bearings so I don't know which one to go along with. :o

And another thing: every time I try it the string unwraps and the diabolo rolls away. What am I doing wrong.
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

Benjy

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
You need to re wrap it that is the basis of the trick a wrap then the string unwraps itself so u re wrap it and keep going

ep2992

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 01:28:13 AM »
sorry for the confusion.
I haven't used a bearing in a while, so I don't exactly remember,
but I think you should try without the bearing first, it may be easier to learn with.
Although if you only have bearings you can use bearings too.
don't buy a fixed axle just for this trick.
I think a bearing is easier for combos with the infinite suicide once you already have it down.
Also, Benjy's right. all your doing is re-wrapping the diabolo as it unwraps, and pulling up at the top to keep it in the air.
don't stop wrapping, keep going.
-Ep

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal