Author Topic: Mini genocide Backwrap  (Read 3865 times)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Mini genocide Backwrap
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
It has gone on long enough. I have spent years landing mini genocides in a frontwrap as have lots of people that I know and it just makes continuous mini genocides and lots of integral stuff a lot harder.

I am wondering if anyone wants to make an in depth tutorial or blog post about this topic?
I really want to start landing my Genocides in a backwrap!

bourgeois.jason

Re: Mini genocide Backwrap
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
Ben, it's the angle that your string is attacking the diabolo that you have to change.  Try moving your hand forward a bit while the stick and string are swinging around and the diabolo is suspended in the air.  This movement should force the string between your hand and the diabolo forward and allow the stick and the string on the other side of the diabolo to pass behind, during the wrap.  If it doesn't work, try moving your hand the other way.  It also may the the way you release the stick at the start of the trick, which would cause the stick to swing at an angle that would cause the front wrap.

If I have front wrap and back wrap mixed up, just do the opposite of what I said.

The difference between a front wrap and a back wrap is an inch or less.

-Jason

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
I'll show you at Southern Lights.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 04:52:33 PM »
It has gone on long enough. I have spent years landing mini genocides in a frontwrap as have lots of people that I know and it just makes continuous mini genocides and lots of integral stuff a lot harder.

I am wondering if anyone wants to make an in depth tutorial or blog post about this topic?
I really want to start landing my Genocides in a backwrap!

lol this annoys me also already for a long long long time............ i HATE IT for some people it goes automaticly in the right wrap and can do endless continious mini gens or big integrals.. and for others..

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
You can do endless continuous mini gens with both types of wrap but it does make it harder.

Catjar

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16:02 AM »
yeah I got completely fed up with this today.
after some time just avoiding doing integral stuff because mine always land in frontwraps, I just tried making slight changes to the release and the catch.
Nothing seems to be working... frontwraps every time.

Toddyupa

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 06:55:30 AM »
When ever I do full genocides it's a right wrap, but hows that gonna help with an integral combo?
pretentious 12 year old

robbie322

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
I second Ben's remarks, I would love to see some sort of indepth tutorial.
Making the possible totally impossible

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
Sometimes I am able to ''steer'' it quite effectively, but I never seem to get it solid.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

dingman08

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »
Hi I think I might be able to help I'm pretty good at controlling my wraps in continuous mini-gens and the like. When you say frontwrap do you mean left or right frontwrap?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »
Right frontwrap

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal