Author Topic: Genocide With Bearing  (Read 3451 times)

Tralopit

Genocide With Bearing
« on: May 08, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
Hi,

I can do the genocide till the string catches the diabolo axle, but the stick wraps rapidly around it. Is this always with a bearing? If that's not always with a bearing how can I make the stick wrapping around less rapid?

Thanks in advance

Toby

• Donator
Re: Genocide With Bearing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
Generally I find that if you get the diabolo the hit the string higher up (closer to the stick that you're holding) this helps a lot. But to be honest, genocides with bearings are normally faster than with fixed and are hard to really slow down a massive amount. Another thing that helps a bit for me is unwrapping the diabolo almost immediately, pretty much as you catch the stick, slightly before.

Mr_Alex

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »
when you allways will play vertax with a bearing it's not absolutly necessary to unwrap the diabolo in the beginning. You can start to only catch it and continue. After some combination and when you can do the trick easily, you can unwrap it. I started with a bearing and couldn't unwrap it.. after my bearing was broken, i learned the "normal" geonocide in 5 minutes.

BUT you can try the unwrapping directly.
you say goodbay i say halo

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:49:51 AM »
What...?

7-Sins

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:58:07 AM »
if u do genocide normal (not vertax) try to push your left stick (if u let go of the right one) a little bit down slightly after you catch the diabolo this pops your left right stick up and if u practise it it wil slow down your genocides and suicides in general.

hope it helps

D
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

Mr_Alex

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
What...?

Yeah don't care my unusual evolution of geonocide  :-D

Mr.D

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
Alex, your message was quite cryptic ("when you allways will play vertax" ?). And we are talking normal play genocide , not vertax.

On topic: why fixed axled diabolo makes the stick swing slower when catching the diabolo after a genocide, is because the stick and its string is rubbing the axle the opposite way of the spin-direction. This slows the sticks movement down. With a bearing there is no "opposite-spin-direction-friction" and so the stick will swing around the diabolo quicker. :)
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Mr_Alex

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
ups  :embarassed: :-D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal