Author Topic: Performance Workshop with Donald Grant  (Read 4945 times)

donald grant

• Donator
Performance Workshop with Donald Grant
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »
Bit of shameless self-promotion here, but the folks at Greentop asked me to put up a quick post on the forum....

"Get Your Act Together" performance workshop with Donald Grant at Greentop, Sheffield, 7th til the 10th of June, 2010.

A four day workshop aimed at helping jugglers of all specialities (yes, diabolo players too!) to develop performances and routines. 
Areas of focus will include:  a) breaking down the gym mentality
                                       b) routine construction
                                       c)  choosing and working with music
                                       d) stage creativity.
                                       e) the business of show business
and a bunch of other relevant stuff too.

If any you are interested, pop over to the website at www.greentop.org for more info.

Cheers, Donald

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Performance Workshop with Donald Grant
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
Sounds like an excellent opportunity. Wish I was nearby.

Greentop

Donald Grant Workshop in Sheffield
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »
Get Your Act Together with Donald Grant 10am - 4pm, June 7 - 10

A 4-day performance workshop for jugglers of all disciplines and experience levels, world famous Cirque du Soleil artiste, Donald Grant has been entertaining audiences around the world by throwing and catching things for over 20 years. Tighten up your street show, create a new number for a cabaret, a workshop aimed at breaking down your prejudices, opening up your potential as a performer. Areas covered include: escaping the juggling mentality, lessons to be learned from classic narrative structure, routine construction and skill selection, choosing and working with music, the professional side of show "business". Two decades worth of performing and circus school teaching condensed and refined into a four day workshop.

Price: £160/£140members price

Call to book on: 0114 244 8828
Greentop Circus
74 Holywell rd.
S4 8AS
Sheffield
UK

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
I would absolutly love to come to this but already have gigs booked.

Will this be ran again? I would be very interested in attending.

Marky Jay

Greentop

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »
We would love to run this workshop again in the fall, when would be the best time for performers to be able to take 4 days to dedicate to a workshop?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:44:09 AM »
Of course, any diaboloist who's read Donald's excellent books would suspect this, but I thought I'd add this endorsement from Arron over on rec.juggling:

Quote from: Arron Sparks
I'd like to add that (as someone who has been through a full time circus school) Donald's lessons have been some of the most practical and useful sessions I have ever had.

Greentop

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »
We are happy to announce well in advance that this workshop will happen again in Sheffield:

“Get your Act Together” with Donald Grant

www.donaldgrantdiabolo.com

October 19th – 22nd ● 10am – 4pm
A 4-day performance workshop for jugglers of all disciplines and experience levels, world famous Cirque du Soleil artiste, Donald Grant has been entertaining audiences around the world by throwing and catching things for over 20 years. Tighten up your street show, create a new number for a cabaret, a workshop aimed at breaking down your prejudices, opening up your potential as a performer. Areas covered include: escaping the juggling mentality, lessons to be learned from classic narrative structure, routine construction and skill selection, choosing and working with music, the professional side of show "business". Two decades worth of performing and circus school teaching condensed and refined into a four day workshop.
Price: £160/£140 members

Please call to book on or just ask a plethora of questions:) 0114 244 8828

www.greentop.org

Greentop Circus
74 Holywell rd.
Sheffield, UK
S4 8AS

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »
Just giving this a bump, 'cos October seems to be coming up soon.

We've got people signed up already, but there's still space for a couple more, so if you're interested why not drop Greentop a line.

(This'll be the last spot of teaching for me this year, as I'll be heading off to Germany to do a run at Variete Et Cetera afterwards).

Yours educationally,

Donald

Greentop

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 11:26:52 AM »
This is one last official bump :) There are a few spots left and it is coming up soon... It is time to cease resisting temptation.

Greentop

Performance Workshop with Donald Grant
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
We are running this workshop again! It has been really successful and performers from all across the U.K. have been benefiting from this great intensive:

“Get your act together” with Donald Grant

June 6 – 9 10am – 4pm
A 4-day performance workshop for jugglers of all disciplines and experience levels, world famous Cirque du Soleil artiste, Donald Grant has been entertaining audiences around the world by throwing and catching things for over 20 years. Tighten up your street show or create a new number for a cabaret. This is a workshop aimed at breaking down your prejudices and opening up your potential as a performer. Areas covered include: escaping the juggling mentality, lessons to be learned from classic narrative structure, routine construction and skill selection, choosing and working with music, the professional side of show "business". Two decades worth of performing and circus school teaching condensed and refined into a four day workshop.

Price: £160/£140 members price

Arjan

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »
Sounds like a very nice deal! From my own experience working with him I always had a blast. Great man for this purpose, performing.
Anyone serious into the on-stage-diabolo-end, this is one of those you cannot have missed out on.

Cand1ez

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
This is about a 15 min drive away from me but im stuck inside away from the sun cramming my head full of information on LDLs, HDLs and VLDLS.

These dark times...
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

Greentop

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »
BUMP!
This workshop is coming up next week. Call to book on: 0114 244 8828. Donald has a wealth of knowledge in this field. Take this opportunity to get spend 4 days working on your act!

Cheers,
Tess

Greentop Circus
74 Holywell rd.
S48AS
Sheffield,
UK
www.greentop.org

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal