Author Topic: My diabolo performance, summer of 2010  (Read 4349 times)

Aleksi

My diabolo performance, summer of 2010
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
This is me performing in Tykkimäki, a Finnish amusement park, this summer. I'm anxiously looking forward for tips and new ideas and teqniques! =)
My diabolo performance, summer of 2010
Sorry my bad English...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Re: My diabolo performance, summer of 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
cool performance aleksi :P

Im going to kouvola in the start of september with my school to visit eskolanmäen-school or something xD I will be there for a whole week so if you want to we could meet up and diabolo for hours? :D

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Aleksi

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »
cool performance aleksi :P

Im going to kouvola in the start of september with my school to visit eskolanmäen-school or something xD I will be there for a whole week so if you want to we could meet up and diabolo for hours? :D

-Tipper
Thanks! I live near the Eskolanmäki, just one kilometre away from school. Why you're going to look at school in Kouvola?
Sorry my bad English...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »
My class is coming to visit a class there :P we will stay at students houses... i am going to live with jesse saine if you know who that is?
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Toddyupa

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:37:31 PM »
Tips: Smile More! Be HAPPY!!!!

Engage with the audience more, look at them with a smile in a certain position and ask for a round of applause! Even though you are making them clap, they will find the show better.

But good job, your not a bad performer at the moment anyway, so keep going.
pretentious 12 year old

Aleksi

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:24:53 AM »
My class is coming to visit a class there :P we will stay at students houses... i am going to live with jesse saine if you know who that is?
Really! What a coincidence, Jesse is my friend. :)
Sorry my bad English...

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07:47 PM »
Nice, I was going to say the same thing as Toddyupa, be happier. And try to learn excalibur gens, I just learned them and that's good for performances.
fluffy kitty

Aleksi

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
Nice, I was going to say the same thing as Toddyupa, be happier. And try to learn excalibur gens, I just learned them and that's good for performances.
I can do it already but the music runs out and it's not 100% sure yet so I left it out of my performance.
Sorry my bad English...

Wis

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »
What has been already said. I would suggest to do double sprinkler, and to work on that end, never liked this stopping diabolos with the hand thing.
I also think that a body combo is never too much for any performance.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Scrat

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
Nice show there. Maybe i can help you a little bit:

One really important thing is to move around. Not stand always on the same spot. The excalibur genocide is one of the best tricks for an audience. The music is not that bad - we all knwo it is from "of baguettes and diabolos". But maybe you find a music that fits more to you. Try to interact more with the music - like breaks - look into the audince to earn applause, and so on. You did it already a little with your sprinkler.

I think you have a great potential and i'm looking forward to more.

Scrat

Aleksi

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
Thank you for your good advice. This summer was a little busy with making the performance, and the song selector until the last minute, but next summer I'm going to put more effort and remember your tips.
Sorry my bad English...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal