Author Topic: Knot of the week?  (Read 4651 times)

Spooned

Knot of the week?
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:09:28 PM »
Ok so after experimenting a bit i had a bright idea (well we'll see). Running alongside trick of the week you could have knot of the week. Someone submits a string figure or knot or something and there is a vid etc then people have to try to find how he (or she) got into it, then at the end of the week there will be a video revealing all...
What do you guys think?

(Hope its not too stupid :wink:)
Diabolo or Diablo

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Re: Knot of the week?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »
Quote from: Spooned
Ok so after experimenting a bit i had a bright idea (well we'll see). Running alongside trick of the week you could have knot of the week. Someone submits a string figure or knot or something and there is a vid etc then people have to try to find how he (or she) got into it, then at the end of the week there will be a video revealing all...
What do you guys think?

(Hope its not too stupid :wink:)

Hey, I LIKE stupid!

This reminds me of a juggling convention game I thought of, but have yet to get arround to organising it at any games session I've hosted. The idea is to get all the diaboloists to give you their handsticks and a diabolo at the beginning of the games session. While other games are going on, somebody tangles each diabolo/handstick/string in exactly the same way.

Then the organisers set out all the tangled sticks, gets everyone to stand in a line... then shout GO! Everyone must run to thair handsticks, untangle the complicated knot... the winner is the first person to make a high throw, signalling that their string is untangled.

Then you get on to the normal diabolo games like high throw, long pass, in the box, longest grind, infinite suicide endurance, two diabolo combat, etc.

This game would be good, as the WORST diaboloist would win.
Luke

Arjan

Knot of the week?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:25:30 PM »
Luke`s idea sounds fun.

The idea to do a knot of the week is not very kewl, as you can just send your special knots in to the video of the week session.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Knot of the week?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:00:48 PM »
heh, like your ideas luke. As for knot of the week... its kinda like trick of the  week.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Knot of the week?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 12:03:20 AM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
heh, like your ideas luke. As for knot of the week... its kinda like trick of the  week.

But knot.
Luke

Chiok

• Donator
Knot of the week?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:10:58 AM »
Touché Luke...
Sorry to cut you down Spooned, but the nice idea is always appreciated.  I think it would have a place at trick of the week (which I'm desperately trying to work on but I'm just not good enough).  I hate knots in string, we used to have a drawer full of string.  Yoyo-ers get some even worse knots especially if you have a fixed axle yoyo.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Spooned

Knot of the week?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »
Dont worry, after all was only an idea. Ill submit my knots to ToTW instead.

Luke: Nice idea but i dont think i could do it with friends because there too careful  :o
Diabolo or Diablo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal