Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 447566 times)

Diabolo Bro

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #840 on: March 01, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »
I can do a messy one, i havn't qualified for it yet tho
Ethan deleted his post which read the above.
I changed my post because you changed yours but ethan, you can not do a 360 fan. A messy one is still one, and you can't do a messy one, and, you don't qualify for a trick, you qualify after or before a trick, ONE day ago, you couldn't do a regular fan, and unless you learned in One day to do an ac fan, instead of an s-fan, with one diabolo twisted, and then learned to do a 360 fan in your remaining time, you can't do one, and you can only do a 180 with bearing, with one diabolo in a double twist, and the other, darkside in a single twist. If you can, you should be able to get it frequently, or close to, you don't get many flukes with tricks like that, you have or you don't. After I nailed a 360, I could do it on every try because I practiced so much to land it.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Ethan

« Reply #841 on: March 01, 2008, 04:02:29 PM »
I changed my post because you changed yours but ethan, you can not do a 360 fan. A messy one is still one, and you can't do a messy one, and, you don't qualify for a trick, you qualify after or before a trick, ONE day ago, you couldn't do a regular fan, and unless you learned in One day to do an ac fan, instead of an s-fan, with one diabolo twisted, and then learned to do a 360 fan in your remaining time, you can't do one, and you can only do a 180 with bearing, with one diabolo in a double twist, and the other, darkside in a single twist. If you can, you should be able to get it frequently, or close to, you don't get many flukes with tricks like that, you have or you don't. After I nailed a 360, I could do it on every try because I practiced so much to land it.

I have only done the 360 spin once, but i can not complete the trick, the diabolos have no spin at the end.
"In a ball and stick model, what do the balls represent?"  -Bio Teacher

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #842 on: March 01, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Alright

I call that not landed, but still an acomplishment, in the future post the truth.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #843 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »
Yeah Ethan jeez! You keep on cracking that whip diabolo bro!

lollige

« Reply #844 on: March 02, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
Name: Daniel

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?
10 now.

2. What or who got you started?
Well, 10 years ago me and my family were camping on some island were diabolo was a big rage that year. My mother got inspired and bought one too, and I played with it aswell. (I guess you could have hardly called it diaboling when some 5 years old boy plays with one but ok this was the start.) We came there every summer 4 years long, and I allways played with it. When I got 11 or 12 I got a henry's circus myself, and I kept playing the diabolo every summer.
Now this year (thats already half a year ago) I started on searching on the internet for more tricks (I was able to do all tricks I knew.) Soon I found alot of information, more tricks I could all easily learn because of my 10 years diabolo experience etc. etc.

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general?
Exchanging tricks and tips

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?
well it was a hour a day for a while, now its atleast once or twice a week, but I do more juggling and devilsticking and rebound juggling and other things now.

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?
nope

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
Balls, devil stick, bouncing balls

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?
I like henrys circus above the finesse, allu's en henry's string are great too. But maybe it changes soon, I hope I get my sundia fly delivered this week

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?
Well I would really like to learn more with 2 diabolo's, but even most suns are too hard now. so I guess that will be 1 diabolo.

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?
I guess thats the genocide..

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?
I don't know. I have only once been to a jugle convention, and for the rest I have not met any other good diaboloers.. I dont know what the most amazing trick was.

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?
I really working on improving my genocide (still working on stopovers, started only last week with practicing this.

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]
None special, but I remember some vid of some guy who did not use handsticks but only string, I really want to try that someday, and I have the diabology dvd here, witch is a very inspirating dvd.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #845 on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »
Are you that guy that was on a Juggleconvention-ish thing in Enschede, with the waaaay to long string?  :P
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #846 on: March 02, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
Yeah Ethan jeez! You keep on cracking that whip diabolo bro!
Okay he's landed it....he just hasn't a camera. and is unable to prove so.

lollige

« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »
Are you that guy that was on a Juggleconvention-ish thing in Enschede, with the waaaay to long string?  :P
Ah, and ur the guy with the waaay to short string :p (but didn't we figure that out on diastylo already?)
Ok ill make a promise: As soon as the (long) string thats on my allu's now breaks, ill try a very short one and practise with my suicides ok? :P

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #848 on: March 02, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
Ah, and ur the guy with the waaay to short string :p (but didn't we figure that out on diastylo already?)
Ok ill make a promise: As soon as the (long) string thats on my allu's now breaks, ill try a very short one and practise with my suicides ok? :P

could be, I actually never go to diastylo.nl, d.ca is better :P
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

vito

« Reply #849 on: March 07, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
Dont want to interrupt you guys...just wanna say "Hi im the new guy around here". Have only being playing diabolo for 1 and a half  year and started recently with 2 diabolos and trying to catch the damn Finess with genocides in Vertax but aint goins so good for now. Im from Chile so you will have to deal with a lot of annoying questions in a repulsive english... Beg you to have a bit of paicence with be -.-

So there it is...thanks and... continue...

JimmyCords.

« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2008, 05:23:46 AM »
Name:Jimmy

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?Used to diabolo ages ago, but never got into it seriosuly. Been seriouse for about 1-2 months now.

No-one/nothing really. Had a yoho diabolo ages ago, but never got good at it, and jsut recently decided to pick it up again.
Learning all the new tricks and the challenges of the tricks
1-2
No
6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
None
Got a Finesse G3, love it. Sticks, just got the Yoho fibreglass ones, but i have sawed them down to 32cm. String - Henry's Green.
Can only do 1, so 1 i suppose.
Love suicides and whip catches.
Havent seen many, but like Excalibur/Genocides.
More advanced Suicide tricks.
12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?
I dunno...you guys.
Say Whaaaat?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2008, 05:30:04 AM »
Hey Jimmy, welcome. Good to see another Aussie. :) You all seem to be in NSW..
Just a bit of advice. Don't bother with Yoho fibreglass. They're yuck and chew through your string pretty quick. Try and get some Henrys Aluminium, Henrys (short) Carbons or Mr. Babache Xtremes
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

JimmyCords.

« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2008, 08:54:22 AM »
Thank you Will. We're all from NSW, cos NSW is the best state ;) . Im saving up for a decent pair of sticks, but for the time being I just sawed my yoho ones down.
Say Whaaaat?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2008, 09:05:31 AM »
You're about to be beaten down by a Northern Territorian, a south Australian, a couple of Tasmanians and a few Victorians ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Bizzat1

« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »
Where abouts in NSW because me and 2 others ( we're 16,16, and like 19) diabolo in Newcastle doing alot of stuff, i.e we went to Circus stuff shop opening in Tuggerah ( between Sydney and Newcastle) and Sydney Juggling convention in January, if you get into that sort of stuff we would probably see you around. :)

JimmyCords.

« Reply #855 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
I live in Armidale, up in Northern NSW. A bit far away to go to stuff  :P
Say Whaaaat?

Ollie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #856 on: March 19, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »
Name: Ollie

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?
About 3 years

As a child somebody showed me some diabolo tricks at a festival and I learnt how to throw and catch, but not much else. Years later I came back from university one summer and a friend and I found the diabolos in an old sack and began to play with them. We looked for some more tricks on the internet and amongst other things saw the previews of diabology. Later I bought a copy and a Henrys Circus and joined the university juggling club

Shiny props, progression, creativity, beautiful tricks and nice people

About 2-4 hours a week

Nope, maybe one day

A bit of bounce juggling, some contact and some basic ball and club stuff

I mainly use my Henrys Circus with Henrys aluminum or homemade sticks and henrys string

All of the above for different reasons

At the moment probably 3 low to 3 high, or a 42 with a sun but it’s usually a new trick I’ve just learnt or an old one I’ve just re-learnt. A lot of passing and stealing stuff is really fun too.

On videos, on stage or at clubs and conventions I’ve seen so many amazing tricks that it’s difficult to choose one. Most of the stuff nev does is pretty amazing and more recently the ‘funtycopter’ made me laugh.

3 high and clean exits to 3d suns

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?
Diabology, lots of people on this forum, Nev and Séan from my juggling club and lots of the jugglers and diabolists I have met at conventions

Beni

« Reply #857 on: March 19, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »
Okay he's landed it....he just hasn't a camera. and is unable to prove so.

Y'see, this is the attitude that gets the negative comments on your videos. FILM THE COOL STUFF. We'll take your word that you've learnt stuff, though there may be special requests (thanks for filming the quintiple whip :o).

Scrat

« Reply #858 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »
Hey Everyone!

Just a little bit about my person: First of all I am from Austria and 19 years old. I'm playing Diabolo for not too long (over a year now) but I'm training hard. I juggle all kind of stuff - espacially clubs. I'm playing the drums, guitar and the piano. I also try to write my own songs. There is nothing left to say.

If you want to see me in action.
This is my first video, so pls be kind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHls46f-lYY
greetings, Scrat

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #859 on: March 20, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
Nice video Scrat. At least you took the time to make something quality.
Its well done but the slow motion at the start got really annoying, and I just didn't like the first song. The second was better.
Your progress is good for a year - keep at it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal