Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 486442 times)

Aaron Z

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #740 on: September 06, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »
Name: Aaron Z

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?
Around 3

2. What or who got you started?
I found out about diabolo my self.

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general?
Because diabolo is uncommon in Australia, I enjoy performing a unique skill within school and at home.

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?
I used to play for about 2 hours a day, but since then my equipment has degraded... :(

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?
YES! all the time throughout school :D

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
I do not, the only thing I've ever displayed coordination in IS diablo :D

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?
Well, I've been working with crappy wooden 'sticks and the works for ages now, but have purchased a Harlequin off the 'net :)

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?
I prefer working with a single diabolo, at least until a can decide when to buy a new pair of diabolos.

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?
The trapeze cradle!

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?
Eating one...  :P

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?
The usual cradle, and the overarm sun  >:(

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]
No idea  ???

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #741 on: September 06, 2007, 07:50:26 AM »
Hey Aaron, welcome to the forum. Good to see a new Australian. :)
Theres a convention in Melbourne a couple of weeks from now. www.juggling-club/mjc
I added you on MSN.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

julian.c1

« Reply #742 on: September 06, 2007, 02:01:39 PM »
Name: Julian

Entering third month

Little Jiri from Czech Republic!

It looks so cool! I was watching videos on artofdiabolo.com and it is so awesome...

I'll pick up the ol harlequin for 5 minutes here and there... Total maybe 45 min daily.

Haven't

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
Tried balls but can only do a few rounds of three... But diabolo is cooler anyway!

Don't like the harlequin and wood sticks that I have... going to order Finesse G3 and Henry's Alus with "Yellow Henry's String!"

Only really tried 1... might get another one after I have mastered a bit more on single

Vanishing bridge to coffee grinder to "cradle toss?" to cradle knot. Over shoulder whip catch!

On videos... Vertax is crazy! and I love cides...

Infinite suicides!!!

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]
Eric and Antonin, "Of Baguettes and Diabolos" on artofdiabolo.com

Extras: I am on the Canadian National Team for Whitewater Slalom Canoe and I am leaving to Brazil for World Championships / Olympic Qualifier today!!

The_Young_Ones

« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »
Name: Jamie Brace

For roughly 3 - 4 months

My mate showed me it after he'd been doing it for a while

Just the ways combos can randomly come together

about 1 - 2 hours

No

6. Do you juggle other props? Balls and Devil Sticks, but neither very well or seriously.

I can juggle with two tennis balls but not very well

Sticks: Henry's Carbon Fibre (havn't got any but I've used them a couple of times and are great)

Diabolo:Mr Babache Medium Harlequin - Red & Black

String: Henry's Diabolo String

Definately one as whenever I try 2 diabolos it goes very wrong and atm I'm trying to learn more tricks

Scottish Flag (Trapeze Cradle) with a whip catch

Triple Duicide which my friend is working on.

None right now.

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?

My mate James who showed me everything I know about Diabolo

Lily

« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »
Never did a introduction, so it had to be done...

Name: Galatis Xydakis

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? Hm... Since 4 July 2007, These 3 months can't be really called "years"

2. What or who got you started? I wanted to impress my x-gf, though now i have a couple of gfs, called "Henry's Jazz", "Henry's Circus", etc..

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? It's one of the last things in the known world i haven't tried... And the first thing i see that needs so much effort... Somewhat the ideal hobby for me.. I am suprised that till last year i haven't a clue about it...

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? Per Day? 2 at least, with 3:10-30 max... Per Night? 1 hour or less...

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo? Seriously, with 3 months of experience and especially in Greece, there is no chance of performing...

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ? Clubs, though my weak hand has forgot to handle now...

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string? Diabolo;Henry's Jazz, Sticks;All sticks suck at the whole String; Henry's, cause it's the best option i found here...

2 ftw, though i can't handle very well yet... Give me another 3 months, damn it :P
9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do? Just today, i managed my 1st(and only) vertax genocide.. That trick is pure ninja ;D

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done? Most of genocides @ excalimber and integral variations @ normal

To be honest, ALL the tricks @ 2d, and gyroflop+genocide @ vertax

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you? None, though i enjoy repeatidly watching sean_'s vids (both 3, meaning Dropit, hot teen and short & long), and Norbi's performances...
Diabolo in Athens is like the sea turtles: you can't say they are extinct, as there are a few left..

AdJam

« Reply #745 on: September 12, 2007, 12:39:51 PM »
Name: Adam James

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?      1 year

2. What or who got you started?     Had a go of a mates son's diabolo and was instantly hooked

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general?      Keeps me warm on cold festival nights :-) plus it looks cool

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?       1-2 hours

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?    Only to friends, and randomly at festivals

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?    Balls

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?   Finese G2 , Hanry's Carbons and Henry's Fluro yellow

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?   1 diabolo but am in the process of learning 2

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?    Integral suicide/genocide combo

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?     Infinate Vertax Genocide

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?     Vertax Genocide

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]     Priam

TomMiller

« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
Name:Tom

How many years have you diaboloed for?uhh bout 5 months

What or who got you started? my friends was doing it

What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general?fun,Showing off :), pulling of tricks uve tried for donkeys years

How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?
dunno bout a hour then go back  out for another hour

Do you ever perform with the diabolo? no well not yet

Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?gunna start jugggling balls

. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?
finesse g3, carbon fibre sticks and henrys yellow

Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best
1 and 2 but 1 the best still trying to do the shuffle

What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?
INFNITE SUICDES!!!!!!!

What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?
infinite vertax suicides

What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?
infinite suicide genocide exit and 2d

What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]
TimEllis1. cus of how good he is and his how he full of life he seems in his vids unlike the other boring people

Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

ERIK da blue

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »
name-janion(pronounced jan-yun)
location-stroud(gloucestershire(england))
age14
web-none

1-i have diaboloed for 3 years, but only one seriously
2-my friend Lawrence started me off and i overtook him pretty quick lol
3-i just love the versatility of juggling
4-one hour a day?
5-performed once properly but to people at school, all the time
6-4 balls, 3 clubs, 3 rings, devil stick, a bit of bounce juggling.
7-diabolos=finesse, ticks=aluminium, string=henry's orange
8-2 diabolos are best!
9-infinite suicide or 2 diabs both arm satalite
10-6 vertax genocide(one throw and 6 rotations of the string)
11-3 diabolos(i can do a sun from the wrap but can't hold a shuffle!!!!!!!!!!!)
12-vux, trash and ilias/iliabolo
Sideways is rubbish

willum89

« Reply #748 on: September 19, 2007, 02:45:28 AM »
I've been reading up on this forum for a few weeks now, then got an account so i could search, and just now starting to post.
I started chinese yo yo 10 years ago, did it for a couple of years and then took a long break. Then I switched to diabolos 3 years ago. Yeah, long time, very little progress, I never practiced much, just an hour a week because there's a chinese yo yo class at my chinese school which just meets every sunday. I made a chinese yo yo club in high school but didn't get many people interested in it, a few tried but gave up because they just couldn't get it, so i gave up on it after 2 years.
Now i'm in college and same deal, not a lot of people here are into chinese yo yo/diabolo (wish i were in europe) but we have a club anyways, just got it registered, needed at least 3 members which was really hard to find. I'm working on learning all the 1d tricks i can, can't do much 2d, still need to work on it a lot..... and get a second diabolo.
I've learned everything the chinese yo yo teacher has picked up over the years and he went to teach elsewhere so i'm teaching a bunch of little kids. I was hoping the members of the chinese yo yo club at my university would be able to teach me some but turns out i'll probably be doing the teaching there too. All i can do now is just try and pick up as much as i can from the web so that's why i'm here.
So that's about it, the development of diabolos in Austin is kinda really slow so that's why it's taken me 10 years to get where I am.

n3mo

« Reply #749 on: September 19, 2007, 03:43:15 AM »
hey, sounds just like me =D
with the exception that im still in high school, i yoyo-ed for about 5 years, then made the switch to diabolos. with yoyos, i also played 1 hour a week at chinese school, but i started to play every day with diabolos, and progressed pretty quickly for a while.

what i found was that after the years of yoyo, doing reasonably simple 1d tricks, i had built a decent enough base to learn lots of new tricks. i learned several combos from diabology, suicides (from the basic to inf. suicides, integrals, and the like), duicides, genocides, 2d, and some 2d tricks in about a year after i started playing seriously, which is more than fast enough for my liking. theres a good chance you'll progress pretty fast too.

hope you'll enjoy everything, the diabolo, and the forum *waves*
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #750 on: September 19, 2007, 07:47:53 AM »
*plays with the merge button*

Willum's post seemed to fit nicely in here. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find many things to try out from this forum that will hopefully fill the void of diaboloists in Austin.

-Duncan

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #751 on: September 19, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
*plays with the merge button*

Who died and made you a Moderator?  :P

*plays with the modify button :)*

*-Duncan*
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Bizzat1

« Reply #752 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »
Name:Lachlan

1. diaboloing for about 7 or 8 months

2. Circus skills is a selectable sport at my school so got to start on diabolo for about 1 hour 30 minutes a week

3. Love the sense of progression and just the motion and feel of the diabolo

4. Diabolo about 1-2hours a day 3 on wednesdays and saturdays

5. Never before but am performing in about 2 weeks

6. Can't do any other sort of juggling ( not even 3 balls)

7. Use Mr Babche Finesse G2 x 2
Henry's aluminium sticks and green string ( i think)

8. Like doign 1 diabolo best for now

9. Favourite trick: J whip to cradle to cross arm cradle to right mini genocide

10. Most amasing seen trick is probably some variation of Excalibur genocides or 3 diabolo sprinkler

11. Working on Infinite suicide to genocide/ mini genocides

12. Inspired by: Pranay... Eric... maybe Antonin

cya round  :D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #753 on: September 20, 2007, 08:41:58 AM »
7. Use Mr Babche Finesse G2 x 2
Henry's aluminium sticks and green string ( i think)

You absolute legend ;) My favorite props

Jim!

« Reply #754 on: September 23, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »
Hello people, i am Jim!   
 Ive been diaboloing for 3, maybe 4 years but saw diabology & started really going for it about 2 years ago.
Somerset Uk is where I be, spinning me diabolo's as much as i can throughout the day unless makin music or contact juggling which Ive been getting into of late!

My ex got me into it at a village fair, she searched the shops until she found one, I got one & then we played. We did a lot of swapping back in those days. I found a number of friends who had a few tricks up their sleeves & then taught a few friends those tricks. The cycle continues!

2d reminds me of bikes a bit & I used to ride bmx, I dunno why I like it but I do!

I've done a bit of performance for Lovely Jugglies, Dave's wiked little juggling stall in Glasto/Wells/Street market & Bristol  Kite Fair (which was a bit too windy for my liking although I didn't hear many others complaining!) & stand in the street every now & again!

My set up is a pair of G2's (Green & orange split) with fat axles & I bought some Xtreame's with yellow grips at Bristol JuggCon. I have also got a load of bent Henrys alloy sticks from the past years experiments in genocides & a fresh pair of carbons which work real nice but feel a bit plastic! Yellow or pink string!

I dunno what tricks I rate, maybe the spinny twiddler to flip back side swap fakie jib jab but then thats a dangerous one to try at this time of night! On a more serious note(I don't do well with these names & often result to BMX/Skate terms) I recon at the moment my left hand wrap to duocide to infinate suicide that I was teaching yesterday at Bristol Juggling Convention (has anyone got it yet?), which I will video along with some variations very soon & leg suns & Antonins big knot off diabology! 2d is fans at the moment!

Eric, Antonin & Vux are my fave, although im still unlearned of the who's who of diaboloists apart from little Ben who is too good for his own height & has pulled off the most impressive genocide variations right infront of my face!

Currently I am working on not dropping them! 2d include fan's/sprinkler variations & a wierd over the arm to transfer Antonin does on Diabology (yet again!) & riddum as diaboloing to some deep dub is so much fun! 1d I am learning to wrap my self up with knots & suns, genocide variations & multiples & twirls! Also started swapping again, including yesterdays specialty, the sprinkler suicide swap on flat ground!

Werd up yall!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #755 on: September 23, 2007, 09:20:04 PM »
Eric, Antonin & Vux are my fave, although im still unlearned of the who's who of diaboloists apart from little Ben who is too good for his own height & has pulled off the most impressive genocide variations right infront of my face!

im not that small  :D

Jim!

« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
im not that small  :D

Ohh yes, you may not be small for your age, but your small for your height!?!
I like the way you added the bit at the start, I wasn't actually compairing you(Ha ha!)!
Hows be anyhow? HAd a real good time in Bristol! Should be down Yeovil on Wed!

curtis 08

« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »
Name: Curtis Liegh William Howard Hamer

4 months

my friend Joel, he had his for his birthday

just like it

half an hour

well i'm not good enough to preform but I do normally show off some of my tricks to my friends.

i like flowersticks and plates

g3 finesse diabolo, xtreme sticks and henry's yellow string

2d

mini genocide

double japanese c-whip

2d sprinkler, 2d fan (m)

Ryo Yabe

nicodemus

« Reply #758 on: October 01, 2007, 04:56:42 AM »
I spose I'm a bit late introducing myself.

Name: Nicholas Beebe

6 months

I had it in the back of my mind since I watched/talked to some jugglers practicing in my hometown when I was like 13.

I like the challenge in juggling. I feel like I'm getting smarter when I pick up new tricks.

half hour or so, I'm really erratic with it though

No, but I'm going to get a light kit and start taking it to raves soon.

balls(4), rings(3), contact, spatulas and kitchen knives occasionally

I have a finesse and I really like it, but I haven't tried much else.

1?

Suns, all sorts of suns and combos

Those crazy slack take-out/put-in things that Langerz does get me every time.

Slack whips, they're hard :(

All of them. All the internet videos are what get me pumped to go outside and work on new tricks.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #759 on: October 01, 2007, 05:38:15 AM »
Harlequin Diabolos, Yoho fibre-glass sticks & henry's orange string
Hi Curtis, I like your website ;)
Interesting combination of gear, covered all 3 companies. Personally I don't like the yoho sticks (hand to change string, too long and grip too soft IMO). How did you get those in Wales?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal