Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 487569 times)

Exuro

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1020 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
Name: Exuro

1. How many years have you diaboloed for?
about 8 months

2. What or who got you started?
I didn't know anyone that did it, and I already did poi and juggling so i picked one up

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general?
I just love object manipulation

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?
well its a little cold here right now and im cramped for space so not much.
once summer rolls around though...

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?
I'm planning on purchasing a fire diabolo soon for my performances

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
Balls/clubs/rings/devil sticks/poi/staff/double staff/nunchaku/Contact Juggling/etcetcetc

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?
I only own a Henry's Beach and aluminum sticks with some shweet green string

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?
I only own one.

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?
The Behind the back pass and some string tricks

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?
Anything I cant do yet ;]

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?
I'm just looking forward to getting a 2nd diabolo

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]
My buddy Chabuku is the only other diaboloist I really know.

--Ex

Diabzzzz

« Reply #1021 on: February 12, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »
Hi everybody !
Name: Bogdan

Nearly 3 years

A circus activity next to my town

The fact that we can always do something different, there is an infinity of possibilities !! :)

Between one and two hours, less when I go to the college...
Yes, in some circus shows...

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?
I juggle balls quite seriously, and I sometimes try other things, but it's just for fun^^

Circus with extra light axe, Xtrem sticks (mr babache) and yellow string henry's

With one.

mmm...hard to say, maybe the genocide vertax, or some integral suicides I've found.

Petronella : the 2 diabolos vertax !! :o amazing

3 low, I begin to do about 10 circles, it's coming !!

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?
First, all the mad french posse (especially eric antonin and vux) and many diabolist of this forum or jongle.net (french).

Good juggling ! (and sorry for my basic english) :embarassed:

ChloeAlpert

« Reply #1022 on: February 15, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »
Name: Chloe Alpert

About two and a half years

I had a diabolo in my closet, and I joined PSU juggling, and it just went from there.

I love everything about it, diabolo and juggling.  There's something awesome about achieving a goal.

I pick it up as much as I can, at least 4-5 hours a week.  More in the summer.

I think I'm riiiight at the point where I could put together a decent routine on my own, and a good one with someone else.

Balls-3&4 balls confidently, working on 5
Basic clubs, passing

Right now I love my Henry's with short aluminum hand sticks.  I also use henry's string.

I like 2

I like suns and suicides.

chinese infinite suicide (where they're walking around the diabolo and just going nuts.  It's great.)

Chinese infinite suicide.
Controlling and stalling 2d
mini-genocide (CURSE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHGmWjVM9qA
Also just seeing other people diabolo.  I feel fortunate that there is at least one other person in my area who does diabolo (and is better than me) so I am able to learn from them.  :)

ThEdge99

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1023 on: February 20, 2009, 02:48:03 AM »
Name: Cullen

I started a while back, maybe 2001 or so. I practiced for about a year and then moved on to other things. Recently I started back in with the Diabolo a few months ago.

On of my friends had a Diabolo and I fell in love with it. Recently VotW Contributor Diabolowho, who I know outside of cyberspace, got me back into practicing and introduced me to this community.   

Definitely the feeling of the Diabolo. Nothing else is so smooth or graceful. Also the satisfaction of performing a trick with ease. Especially one that was difficult to learn and I dropped a lot.

One hour

When ever you play in front of people it is a performance. However, I have done two shows for a small crowd in a formal setting. Those were in my early years and even though the tricks were basic the entertainment factor was still high.

I can juggle 3 balls, and my dad had some devil stick when I was younger, so I have played around with those. I don't know if you would call this juggling but spin swords and staffs.   

7. What are your favorite diabolos, sticks, and string?
Right now I have 2 MB Eagles and I love them for their weight. 315g. Heck yes! (I am going to get new Diabolos with wider baring because I suffer from chronic string wraps). I primarily use MB Xtreme Classic stick with the Henry’s Orange string.

One (I can do two, but just barely)

Tomicide to fritz release. Also finger grinds.

Double sprinkler suicide exit may not be the hardest trick I've seen but it is just so stunning.

The slowicide integral by Elkku    at 1:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZO_IMQTA0&

Diabolowho! Thanks for sparking the fire again.
And Elkku, you have some sick stuff man.

jacki

« Reply #1024 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »
Hello everybody

I'm french and I have only 13 years old so a don't speak english really nice

So,I bought Harlequin diabolo and Perfomer,I thought the Perfomer been better than the harlequin but he's too heavy, too big.

I search in forums wich diabolo is the best,people said the Circus or the Finesse G3 are the best but I buy the Circus or the Finesse G3 and my Harlequin is not too good than the Circus or the Finesse G3

Help me please
Bye

zaximax

« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2009, 01:59:33 PM »
Name:Eetu

i think 4

i was at school and somebody brought diabolo to school

that there is million of tricks to do and new tricks appear all the time

3 h

yes i do i belong to ''sirkus taika-aika'' it's finnish and mean ''circus magic-time''

balls, tings and devil sticks

sundia flys, henrys fiber and carbon sticks and something mister babaches i don't know what it is

1 d

some body move

3d mini collumns

fan spinning and 3d i know what goes wrong but i can't fix it

marko, samuli and my best friend aarni.

-zxmx

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1026 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
Hello everybody

I'm french and I have only 13 years old so a don't speak english really nice

So,I bought Harlequin diabolo and Perfomer,I thought the Perfomer been better than the harlequin but he's too heavy, too big.

I search in forums wich diabolo is the best,people said the Circus or the Finesse G3 are the best but I buy the Circus or the Finesse G3 and my Harlequin is not too good than the Circus or the Finesse G3

Help me please
Bye

Hi, the equipment guide is your best choice for information.

but, both choices are very good. it will be good either way

and CULLEN, its great to see you on the forum, i hope it helps you out.
can't believe its not butter

Terminator

« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2009, 07:42:05 PM »
About .5years
my cousin
everything
1-2
no
no,starting balls
sundia fly diabolo and any thin string
exalibur
I like genocide and suicides.
2d
RYO YABE

bourgeois.jason

« Reply #1028 on: March 04, 2009, 11:36:42 PM »
Name: Jason Bourgeois

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? 8, but I haven't been practicing for most of that time.  I just picked them up, again, in the past month.

2. What or who got you started? I saw someone diaboloing at a yo-yo contest in Florida.

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? I just like learning new tricks and performing in font of family and friends.

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? 1

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?  Not recently.  I have done a few shows at church and at a yo-yo competition (just for fun).

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ? I can barely juggle three balls.  I used to be able to bounce juggle, but I haven't tried that in 6 years.  I can yo-yo.

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?  The only set I have are Henry's Circus (2), and I make my own sticks out of oak dowel rods.  I'll probably buy some real handsticks soon, since mine are really heavy for certain tricks.  I use Henry's string.

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best? 2 right now.  I'd like to learn three soon.

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do? Any variation of a two diabolo sprinkler (sun, double, suicide exit, etc.).

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?  In person, none.  I don't know anyone who diabolos.

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?  Two diabolo high toss.  I'm getting better, but I have a long way to go with the endless number of variations.

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you? Recently, I've been watching the Sharpe brothers and William Ling.

wgm

« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2009, 12:25:49 AM »
Name: Willem

2.5 I think.
When I was little (like between 3-5 years old) I watched this cirque Du soleil video I had all of the time, and I thought the diabolo part was cool. Then when I was 12 I taught myself to juggle and at the store where I bought some juggling stuff they had Diabolos so I bought one.
Juggling is fun. I don't know why. It's much better than video games. What I like about the diabolo is that the tricks are usually alot harder than they look and you can't see how to do something just by watching it, like with juggling.
1-2 in the winter, but I only recently got serious about diaboloing so I don't know how much I will practice in the summer.
Every once and a while. I am in a youth circus but I usually juggle there, and diabolo at home, so usually I perform juggling.
Balls, rings, clubs, knives, torches (once), and I used to yo yo alot but then they broke and I quit.
Finesse G3 (used to be fly but then it broke after only 1 hour of genocide practice), Henry's aluminum, because they are the only non-wooden sticks I have used, and Henry's orange string.
1, because my flys broke before I could learn any 2d tricks, and I have never tried 3.
Genocides
I've seen lots of cool stuff on videos but I have never seen anything that I can't do live.
VERTAX GENOCIDE. that is how I broke my flys. and bent my aluminums.
I don't know alot of diaboloists by name, but I like the videos of m4u and LaNgErZ alot.

c0c4c0l4

« Reply #1030 on: March 08, 2009, 05:17:43 AM »
Name:Jason

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? 3

2. What or who got you started? chinese school -.-

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? i have no idea..

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? mmm 1?

yup
nope
finesse alu. henrys yellow
1, picking up other yoyos when doing multiple is too tedious :P
FAN

5d
fan 360 ant suicide 3d
TEMPEI  YABE WILLIAM
got coke?

pilch

« Reply #1031 on: March 08, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
me:pilch

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? About 5

2. What or who got you started? Some one who was in my park one day (i did have one many years back but i was young and not very god with it)

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? Other people who do it as they all seem really friendly

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average?on a week day maybe about an hour deppending on dinner but other wise mainly at the weekend

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo?not really have done one or two shows like my local carnival

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ?YES i also staff and a slight bit of poi (im learning poi mainly so i can try metoria)

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string?jumbo hearliquim  henerys carbons and heanerys string in uv yellow and orange

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?only the one im affraid havent quite masterd two yet as ive not long had two of the same diabolo

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?erm the ones that people smile the most so throws or genocideds

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done?genocide in vertax

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)?two diabolos and the vertax genocide it just flys off away from me

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you? as i only know two other people who diabolo im going to say my mate jam (i tought him and now he keeps coming up with new things as far as we know silly art student)

trust me but i dont know what im doing

Aubasaurus

« Reply #1032 on: March 09, 2009, 10:55:20 PM »
Name:Aubrey

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? I have diaboloed for about 6 months

2. What or who got you started? I saw people and street performers diabolo and thought i would love to diabolo  too :)

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? It looks amazing, watching someone able to land a trick that looks impossible. Not only that but it feels great practicing and then showing my diabolo buddy what i learned how to do and give him a cheeky smile after i landed a new trick. :)

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? I diabolo for about an hour a day, sometimes i go on without stopping. :P

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo? not really, in school to my year, planning on busking soon ^^

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ? two of my brothers do devil sticks...they're really hard :/

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string? i have one harlequin and one finesse diabolo, i like the harlequin a lot more because it has a lot more momentum and i can grind for ages :P

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best? i can't do 2 diabolos yet but, i try.

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do? mini genocide marginally.

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done? in person, i am the best i have seen, on the internet, excalibour genocide to vertax infinite suicide.

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)? i am trying to look for more tricks to do, suggestions are very welcome.

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?[/url]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Simalacrum

« Reply #1033 on: March 16, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »
yeah, erm... i have actually been on the forums for a tad bit, but i realised i actually never introduced myself lol :P

well, my names Nic, i'm 18, from the UK and have been doing diabolo for about 9 years now.... but unfortunately i've only started putting effort into it the past 2 or so years, so i'm not that great at it >_<

i can do a few things... 2 diabolo just about, and trying to get my way around the sprinkler right now :) I'm a tad mad, and have decided to name my diabolo's,; i have 4 of them, 3 Sundia Fly's (Mr. Blue, Mrs. White and Master Green :P) and a medium harlequin (the "all colourful one" XD)

i also do Devil Sticks, and balling/clubs/knives to a certain extent... and i'm trying to learn the unicycle :D

I hope to become a professional performer in the future :)

anyways, thats about it! hope i can learn a lot from here... i know i've already learnt some stuff from this site!

Shadebob

« Reply #1034 on: March 22, 2009, 05:02:52 AM »
Hi, I got my first diabolo for Christmas last year and have been loving it ever since. I promptly found the diabolotricks.com and some tutorials on youtube to get me started on some tricks. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a standstill in my progression. I can do all of the basic tricks such as Chinese suicides (half suicides), cats cradle, whip catch, grinds, fritz's release, and lots of others around that level. I even have gotten to the point that I can do a genocide about every 4/5 times that I try.

Right now I am trying to learn over the arm and infinite sucides. Am I on the right track? and if so, can you recommend some other tricks to try? I just get so lost with the sheer amount of tricks that are out there to learn.

Thanks for any help in advance.
"Your Life Is Yours Alone! Rise Up And Live It!" -Terry Goodkind

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »
hey shadebob, glad to see that you are loving the diabolo.

you seem to be fairly good so i'm going to throw you to this thread. it should really help you out.
can't believe its not butter

Ziviz

« Reply #1036 on: March 23, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »
Name: Jussi Pardoe

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? I got my first diabolo when I was 7, but that broke the next day (due to a very mean older brother), and i bought a new diabolo about 6 months ago. So 6 months and 1 day!

2. What or who got you started? My maths teacher, Dr Charles Brookman, first got my into juggling. From there i went onto other forms of juggling.

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? I love the feeling of learning a new trick, when you've nailed it, and then can't do it again for another hour... haha

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? At the moment, 2 hours on weekdays and 3 at weekends.

5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo? Not really, though i did in a talent show which was on friday. We won  :-D

6. Do you juggle other props? If so: balls, clubs, rings, cigar boxes, devil sticks... ? I actually do all of it. haha. Next on the agenda, Unicycling!

7. What are your favourite diabolos, sticks, and string? I can't decide between Henry's Circus, or Finesse. Henry's Alu and magic Yellow string.

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best? I can only do 1...  :( But i'm working on it!

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do? It's always changing as i learn new stuff, but genocides are always fun.

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done? Integrals! I can't do any! except tomicide.

Vertax
2 d's
Integrals... I can't find any tutorials and i try and make some up, but they end in disaster! :(

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you? Anyone who can do something i can't! I wanna learn everything!  ::)

Christl

« Reply #1037 on: March 31, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
I'm new here, but first I should introduce myself^^

Name: Christine Mödinger

1. How many years have you diaboloed for? many, but not intensive. I started as I was 5 or 6 years old.
2. What or who got you started? I was interested in it as I watched the shows from my school.

3. What do you like best about the diabolo or juggling in general? You can do what you want, no big rules or something like that. You're free and you have much fun with it!

4. How many hours a day do you diabolo on average? If I exercise intensive, I think 2-3hours
5. Do you ever perform with the diabolo? No, not yet. Just the little kids watch me sometimes...-.-

6. Do you juggle other props?
I can juggle with 3 rings, but I'm really not experienced in that

Diabolo: Harlekin;     Sticks: Carbon, black, 35cm;     String: From a kite.

8. Do you like working with 1, 2, or 3 diabolos the best?  with 1, I'm still training with 2

9. What is your favourite diabolo trick that you can do?  I don't know. Maybe some sons, knots and suicides.

10. What is the most amazing diabolo trick you've ever seen done? Oh, there are too much! Excalibur is great! Or some amazing tricks with 2diabolo .

11. What tricks are driving you nuts right now (what are you working on)? I'm practising with 2diabolo, but also suicides

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you?  Hm, nobody special. I've read the book from Ralf Runde, but ideals? Maybe my teacher^^, Max.

utopianbookmobile

« Reply #1038 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:03 AM »
Name: Jeff

I did Chinese Yoyo for 4 or 5 years and switched over to Diabolos about 3 years ago

We had a Chinese Yoyo class in my Chinese school when I was in elementary school.

Performing/practicing with others

One or two hours a week, when I have time.

Yes, I just started a diabolo/chinese yoyo team at my university.

Nope.

Diabolos: Sundia Fly and MB Finesses
Sticks: Henry's Carbon (though I've been using wood sticks for a while)
String: No real preference.

I'm not yet comfortable with maintaining 2 diabolos, so I'd have to say 1.

Suicide-based tricks

Multiple consecutive vertax genocides

Vertax basics, 2d basics.

The entire Tshing Nian Diabolo Team with their precision and coordination.
Tshing Nian Diabolo Team 2008
I haven't had much exposure to the diabolo community, so hopefully I'll find more people who inspire me.

Einherjer

« Reply #1039 on: April 03, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »
Name:Einar Rødtang

Just a rookie, been diaboloing for about 1 year now.

I started juggling first after I joined a new circus group that practised once a week. there i got my hands on a diabolo and just didn't let go.

The simplicity of learning the easy tricks and the vast difficulty of learning vastly difficult tricks.

Hmm every pause at school and some at home. Just about 3 hours a day.

Have been on stage a couple of times with the new circus group. Apart from that, nothing much. If you don't count my fellow pupils, who I perform for every day.

Started with juggling balls, currently I can do 4 balls. I also juggle some clubs, torches are fun. Pity I don't have any now.

Finesse, Henrys Carbon sticks and aint too sure about string. Currently I use yellow performance string. Though all in all I haven't really tried so many different types of diabolo and string. I'm kinda ignorant really.

1, perhaps because i haven't really mastered 2 yet.

Infinit suicide is always cool, genocide as well, though I do like doing whipcatces.

Difficult question,IRL it must be 3 diabolos. On the internet i really don't know. Quadruple vertax genocide  perhaps?

Pretty much 2 diabolo. It just does not sit right.

12. What other diaboloists have inspired you

Aaron Petrus first pro diaboloist i saw, he learnt me how to do factory and mills mess. Strange thing really. Anyway he is now in the semifinals of "Norways got talent"(Norske talenter) i'm cheering for him

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal