Author Topic: I'm looking for a specific Diabolo  (Read 3178 times)

yoyomasta1

I'm looking for a specific Diabolo
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
Hi, I want to get my first diabolo. I have been yoyoing for 5 months so I'm used to enormous amounts of practice and doing tricks. I want a Diabolo that is large with rubber rims and easy to use. My price rang is anything under $450. What are some Diabolos that match my needs?

7-Sins

Re: I'm looking for a specific Diabolo
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:58:08 AM »
well i dont know a diabolo above 450$
most are under 50

so pretty much every diabolo fits u.
exept maybe a sundia fly wich has hard cups.
but a can look for sundia suns, finneses, circus diabolos maybe a taibolo.
give this link a look u can find lots and lots off info you need

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

cheers D
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

yoyomasta1

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Ooops, I did mean $50. What about bearings? What do they do, it sounds like a bearing would increase spins time like a yoyo. What Diabolo has all my other requirements plus is a bearing one? Thanks.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
As much as I know people are happy to help, it's also polite to try and help yourself as well: the forum isn't some call-center where you should expect personalised customer service.  The link provided leads to a section which has many leads to answering most, if not all, your questions.

As for finding a bearing with rubber cups, you'd have to do a lot of modding on a Finesse (which is doable).

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »
Aye. And maybe I'm biased, but I quite like this set of questions to help you pick a diabolo:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6524.msg78444#msg78444
(which is linked to at the beginning of the gear sticky)

Bearings add spin but take away tricks that rely on certain kinds of friction, and, most importantly for someone starting to diabolo, allow you to learn all sort of habits that will later make using a 'normal' diabolo very challenging. Great once you can diabolo and have specific tricks/styles in mind. Not so great to start with as your only diabolo if you want to ever use a non-bearing diabolo.

chatom

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
yeah basically Sean has got it in one, some tricks you can't do such as elevator (an easy crowd pleaser) and you will learn and pick up bad habits. Which as Sean has pointed out. However, the huge amount of spin you get makes up for the bad technique. So this makes doing tricks which are harder easier such as vertax (when you get to that point).

Choosing a Diabolo
This is a neat little video about the different types.

Tom

Diamono

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
I think good diabolo for you is Finesse G4 or Henrys Circus. (28-30€)
Then buy aluminum sticks and Henry's yellow string and you are done, set up for diabolo-ing!  ;)

Or if you want diabolo what the world champion uses, buy Sundia Fly.
Those was my tips for you. :)
Welcome to visit in my diabolo site at http://diamono.nettisivu.org -

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal