Author Topic: blue string?  (Read 3150 times)

dynamaniac

blue string?
« on: July 13, 2005, 07:39:25 AM »
hey i just bought a new diabolo and some string
i got a henry's circus and a spool of yellow henry's string from jugglingstore.com
i got a free set of handsticks, i assume theyre jugglingstore's own sticks. they are wooden with rubber grips. it came with this blue and yellow string that seems kinda bouncy
has anyone used it before? (the blue [possibly generic] string) just wondering

Andy S

blue string?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:54:24 PM »
Yeah, I just got a Henry's circus with those handsticks and string as well.  Unfortunately, I bought it before I found out that I should have gotten a spool of yellow string instead of the white Henry's replacement 3-pack.  Oh well.

It feels pretty course to me -- I sometimes jam on wraps (esp. chinese whip), but that could be because I've only diaboloed for two weeks and got my own just one week ago.  Sorry to be thoroughly unhelpful; I'll post again when I replace it (rather, when it breaks -- I'm too cheap to cut it.)

-Andy S

Andy S

blue string?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:50:29 PM »
Actually, it broke half an hour after I posted.  So it lasted a week, but I wasn't doing much violent diaboloing or high throws.

-Andy S

Will^

blue string?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:53:19 PM »
If its that white string with the blue speckled stuff, I had some that came with a henrys. Its not bad, but tends to wear and frey after a while. I would expect about a week out of it before it snaps, maybe two or threee days before it becomes nasty to use. I think some people use it for performances becuase the yellow doesnt fit well with their colors.

Deadboy40k

blue string?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:33:50 PM »
when i ordered my Circuis i bought it from www.extremespin.com i believe and i was sent these wooden sticks with all white string thats seems to be finely woven but its very tough material and doesnt seem to respond to well on my diabolo when im trying to gain speed. thats why they are mostly only used when my Graph sticks are allready being used by someone because honestly i hate the damned things (wood).
"I'm a loner,
I'm a loser,
I'm a winner,
In my mind.

I'm a bad one,
I'm a good one,
I'm a sick one,
With a smile."

-Cold - Stupid Girl, Greatest Song Ever...

Chiok

• Donator
blue string?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 10:52:13 PM »
New string is very slippery, especially henrys yellow which is why it needs wearing in before it reaches perfect performance stage.  And diabolo string is braided, it has that cris-crossing as opposed to just twisted.  This is the type of string you want to look for if you can't get proper string.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal