Author Topic: Can i bring my diab sticks on a plane?  (Read 7759 times)

MrBabache

Can i bring my diab sticks on a plane?
« on: July 13, 2005, 12:40:11 PM »
This friday im going to japan... and i would like to have my diab with me. Do you goys know if i  can bring my sticks on the plane?
Thnx :P

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:43:13 PM »
I've never had a problem with them.  You could put them in your hold luggage if you want to be more careful.

MrBabache

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 12:47:11 PM »
Okej Thanks!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 01:06:42 PM »
any new school or advanced sticks will have to be kept in your hold luggage. But if you want to diabolo in the airport whilst you wait then take some wooden sticks in your bag with you, they dont seem to care about that (and if for some reason they do then its not big loss if you lose some wooden sticks)

seán_

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 01:37:13 PM »
Norbi has some experience with being stuck at an airport with no sticks. I like his idea. Good sticks in the hold, some spares or wooden in hand luggage. Maybe a roll of string ready to make a loop with. (insert paranoid though about paranoid security locking you up for bringing a garrotte onto a plane)

Will^

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 02:07:25 PM »
I took my carbon fibres and G2s back and from China with no problem, and getting in and out of china is pretty damn hard.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 02:08:47 PM »
the only experience i have had is in Vegas. Wooden sticks were fine, whatever sticks Trash and Priam used were not ok.

Spooned

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 03:48:27 PM »
I took my alu sticks in my hand luggage from cov to amsterdam, no trouble for me.
Diabolo or Diablo

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 05:36:18 PM »
i guess it's probably America then, they are very tough in their airports, understandably i guess.

CaptainSpirou

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 08:44:42 PM »
Unless you're planning to diabolo in the airport or the plane then I don't think there's any problem with putting then in check-in luggage.  If you don't need to check-in anything because you're taking a small bag then I only think aluminum sticks might have any problem if at all.  Even then it would only be a problem for the US.

Deadboy40k

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »
well ironically, i am in the U.S and in a week and a half im going to fly to FL with my brother for the Worlds contest (more Diaboloing!! :P ). most likely beacuse my skills arent honed enough to introduce the general public to my unsightly world of pain that are my diaboloing skills they will probably be kept in my luggage the whole flight, im poor enough without having to rebuy any diabolo parts that may be confiscated by Barney Fife at the airport check-in. BTW this would be my first flight so any pointers for US airlines Coach would b great i really dont want anything going wrong with all of this (as far as the safety of my Diaboloing equipment goes)
"I'm a loner,
I'm a loser,
I'm a winner,
In my mind.

I'm a bad one,
I'm a good one,
I'm a sick one,
With a smile."

-Cold - Stupid Girl, Greatest Song Ever...

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 10:03:36 PM »
Trash had carbon fibre at Vegas didn't he?  And getting in and out of China is very tricky, I wouldn't even sneeze in the wrong direction, everything is so tight over there.  
im going to fly to FL with my brother for the Worlds contest (more Diaboloing!!  ).
What world's contest is that?

All in all, ask at check in if they think it's ok.  And take some spare wooden ones for a lil mess around in the airport.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 01:26:49 AM »
i took my Circus and alum sticks to Japan just a couple months ago and i kept them in my carry on bag (so did a friend). they didnt even question us as to what they were.

edit: xfirebladex: that is the Yoyo worlds competition, one of my friends told me about it...they hold it every year in Orlando IIRC

Deadboy40k

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 04:35:58 AM »
like matt said its World, a yoyo contest, hence most of you may not have heard of it being Diaboloers, Diaboloists...whatever

pick up a yoyo just once in your life and youll know everything there is to know about it, just like that
"I'm a loner,
I'm a loser,
I'm a winner,
In my mind.

I'm a bad one,
I'm a good one,
I'm a sick one,
With a smile."

-Cold - Stupid Girl, Greatest Song Ever...

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 10:33:15 AM »
I took two g1's with wide axles and weight kits and fiberglass sticks and a contact ball to spain in my hand luggage- no questions asked.

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 10:53:46 AM »
I used to be a yoyo player and a diaboloist but then diabolo took over and I just kinda lost interest in my Viper.  String tricks were never really my thing (in yoyo of diabolo).  Guess it's why I like AA style more, that's quite cool I'll agree.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal