Author Topic: 3 high rocket start  (Read 6115 times)

ming

3 high rocket start
« on: July 15, 2005, 12:37:20 PM »
lena in that vid of prague. Has just inspired me to learn the rocket start into 3 high has anyone got any tips before i devote a few months of my life to get it?

Vojtas

3 high rocket start
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:46:27 PM »
few months? don't think so... if you can do 2d rocket start, and if you can do just a little bit 3 high, it isn't so hard.. On the festival Lena never did other start than rocket.. Maybe she can't do them, maybe she can do only rocket.. Maybe it's the easiest way!
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

nezzybaby

3 high rocket start
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 01:28:34 PM »
i dont think a few months is anything other than an underestimate, ive tried 3 diabolo rocket starts a lot, and various ways of getting three diabolos going high. Its a little bit more than just an extension of the two variant, you have to control the height and direction of two of the diabolos instead of one, and you have to be able to get three high working from very little speed. Dont underestimate this trick it is not easy, maybe once youve got three high it aint so bad, but lets not pretend thats something you learn over night.

ming

3 high rocket start
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 12:24:16 PM »
So i was in the park yesterday giving this a go but seem to be having a problem with the diabolo that goes the highest some of the time it wasn't spinning and all the other it was going to far to the left. is this to do with the way the diabs are arranged on the ground?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
3 high rocket start
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 03:56:48 PM »
i tried 3 high rocket for a while but thought the stall start would be better coz 2 diabs are already spinning. i gave up on the rocket start ages ago but tried it out again this last week.
To get the spin and spacing of the diabs right depends on the diab in the middle of the buch on the floor. I find that if its too high above the other 2 the two that come off the string stay too close together. If it is too low the 2 that come off dont get enough spin. i posistion at a bit less than a 45 degree angle to the other 2, this works ok for the spin and spacing of the diabs for me but i still cant do 3 high so it doesnt help much.
This is just my findings i dont know if its all correct.  

Any one else that doesnt know how to do the setup to the 3 rocket start check the animation on www.diabolotricks.com its the only 3 diab thing on there.

P.s. sorry about the essay
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
3 high rocket start
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 09:18:33 PM »
the angle at which the middle diabolo is raised plays a big part, and that comes from trial and error (about 45 seems to be optimal). As for the pull, it isn't straight out to the side or up or right or 45 or anything straight at all.  It goes almost straight up and then at the right moment (work that out yourself) yank it straight out to the right, this is all done reasonably fast. Practise with 2 to get the one to go STRAIGHT up, then adjust the timing of that motion with 3.

Enjoy.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
3 high rocket start
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 11:53:52 AM »
lol i am posting from school wahooo
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
3 high rocket start
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »
I 've tried it a bit, and succeeded once or twice, and found the best angle of the middle diabolo to be 30 degrees up from the other to, so that the angle facing down made by all three would by 120. just my 2 cents.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal