Author Topic: Problem with finesse G4 (wrapping up)  (Read 7319 times)

MikyITA

Problem with finesse G4 (wrapping up)
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
Hi guys ,  Sean and Tipper have advised me to buy finesses G4 diabolos in my last topic on gear , and i m really happy because i ve bought it and they re awesome diabolos (thank you again).But there is only one problem.When i do chinese accelleration or almost all tricks and accelleration with the "wrap" after 3\4 seconds the string get twisted violently around the axel ( infact one time i ve missed  the hold of the stick and it has hurt my head ). This thing it s happened also to my friend that have a G3 and a G2 but with jazz or vision this doesn  t happen. It s a normal problem that all finesses have?? If yes it is solvable??
Please help me and answer

Michele

( I m sorry if there are grammatic mistakes but as you can see from my nick  i m not english=)

mo3

Re: Problem with finesse G4
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
The Diabolos are OK, the only problem is the wrong technique! Try not to use your left hand as much as you do now, so that the string can't get tangled near the axle. When i started, it took me about a week to get a solid technique, maybe you are quicker? ;)

If this doesn't help, think about using newer or more slippery string, this should have a positive effect on your problem as well.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »
Hey Miky.

What you are experiencing is what is known as "Wrap-ups" and yes they can be quite cruel to your head and surroundings  ;)

First of all I would like you to read this blogpost about the angling of your string during your wrapped accelerations:

http://diabolo.ca/blog/wraps-friction-and-pain/index.html

Wrap-ups are usually caused by wrong angling but another common cause is old and used string. With a new piece of string, wrap-ups are quite rare but when your string gets worn and become rough it is more likely that it will wrap-up.

Wrap-ups are very normal and happens on all diabolos so it's not a problem with your finesse. If I am correct, it mostly happens on narrow-axled diabolos? (please do correct me if im wrong people :P) It happens to every diaboloist.

Hope this helps
-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

MikyITA

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:28:24 AM »
Hey Miky.

What you are experiencing is what is known as "Wrap-ups" and yes they can be quite cruel to your head and surroundings  ;)

First of all I would like you to read this blogpost about the angling of your string during your wrapped accelerations:

http://diabolo.ca/blog/wraps-friction-and-pain/index.html

Wrap-ups are usually caused by wrong angling but another common cause is old and used string. With a new piece of string, wrap-ups are quite rare but when your string gets worn and become rough it is more likely that it will wrap-up.

Wrap-ups are very normal and happens on all diabolos so it's not a problem with your finesse. If I am correct, it mostly happens on narrow-axled diabolos? (please do correct me if im wrong people :P) It happens to every diaboloist.

Hope this helps
-Tipper
So i have to hold the left stick more forward   that the right? ???

mo3

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
it depends on which wrap you use. If you have a right wrap, you're better off with your left hand slighty in front, that's correct :)

MikyITA

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 11:03:28 AM »
it depends on which wrap you use. If you have a right wrap, you're better off with your left hand slighty in front, that's correct :)
ok thank you for all

MikyITA

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Thank you guys you ve solved my problem you ve helped me a lot bye

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »
Actually, wrap-ups mostly happen because of lousy/old string.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

NiekG

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
This is true, change your string as soon as you start to get wrap-ups.
Meh,

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »
I would argue that they mostly happen because of bad technique.

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »
I would argue that my technique is so awesome that all my wrap-ups happen due to crappy string.
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

NiekG

Re: Problem with finesse G4 (wrapping up)
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »
Then how do you explain the fact that your diabolo doesn't wrap-up immediately after replacing your string?
Meh,

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
Hmm because quite often when you start getting wrap ups the string is still perfectly useable (just a bit dirty) but due to bad technique this causes wrap ups, of course it will get to a point where the string is just to filthy to avoid this.

Then how do you explain the fact that your diabolo doesn't wrap-up immediately after replacing your string?
Because the string is clean enough to handle bad technique. There are plenty of people who get wrap ups on string that other people could use for hours more. Hes actually saying that when they do happen its MOSTLY to do with bad technique.

I would argue that my technique is so awesome that all my wrap-ups happen due to crappy string.
Clearly however awsome your technique is, it isn't awsome enough?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Why thank you David. Another excellent post.

NiekG

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
Then I'd love to learn how to get my technique to such a level where I'd hardly have to change my string. As you both apparently have mastered this, I'm looking forward to an explanation. ^^
Meh,

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:44 AM »
Hmm because quite often when you start getting wrap ups the string is still perfectly useable (just a bit dirty) but due to bad technique this causes wrap ups, of course it will get to a point where the string is just to filthy to avoid this.
Then I'd love to learn how to get my reading technique to such a level where I'd never have to ask questions which have already been answered.

Indy

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 01:19:08 AM »
Then I'd love to learn how to get my technique to such a level where I'd hardly have to change my string. As you both apparently have mastered this, I'm looking forward to an explanation. ^^

Don't spend any cash on new string and you will learn how to handle old fluffy string.
I still use the string I replaced on the day we had our gig @ Eindhoven with Ramon, and it's still useable because I can handle it!
epicness commits

NiekG

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »
Don't spend any cash on new string and you will learn how to handle old fluffy string.
I still use the string I replaced on the day we had our gig @ Eindhoven with Ramon, and it's still useable because I can handle it!
I also still have the same string, but this is because I forgot my roll of string in Eindhoven back then.. Haha. Still perfectly useable though.

And Hath don't start editing my quotes when you're not doing it for any usefull purpose. I asked WHAT that bad/good technique is, not about a dirty string. Maybe you're the one who ought to get some contacts. :)
Meh,

7-Sins

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
maybe off topic but.....

does any off you guys ever had this with a bearing?
cause it happend to me twice with a sundia shining and when doing 2d also with shinnings.

the reason i bought bearing diabolos was for this reason...(now i found that fixed axles can be quit fun to)
and what happens it wraps up??? wtf??

D.
VERTAX is only rubbish if you suck at it, (most people do)(me too)

finesse

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »
Never experienced a wrap up with my shining, it shouldnt be possible due to the axle aint moving, so if im right you maybe have loose cups or your bearings are getting a bit messed up? No experience here though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal