Author Topic: Can't do Yoyo-like and String tricks =(  (Read 4208 times)

Lennard

Can't do Yoyo-like and String tricks =(
« on: July 30, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
Ohiyo People ^^

I've just registered at this site and got permission to start topics and reply :P so therefore, I do :P

I've been playing the diabolo since I was pretty young, and since a few months I started diabolo'ing again (bought new ones ^^ 2 of them :O so I can 2D now for about 3/4 mins (learned in about 2 weeks :O... I think that's pretty slow D= )) :) and i really enjoy doing it again :)
Now... lately, I've been watching some videos, and a lot of the tricks I see there, I might be able to do if I practice them a lot :) but I still've got one big problem:

I suck at doing "Yoyo" and "String" tricks... for example, i LUV the "Trashweb" trick, and every time i try it i end up unknotting my string for about 25 minutes, only to try and fail again, and another example, I watched some Videos with Langerz in it (... he's on this forum too, i believe <3)... and i can only watch those and be scared by him ^^

So... I'd like to learn those kind of tricks, but I don't even know the basics (never really yoyo'd, only let it go down and up xD)
So... Does anyone know a site, place, book, ect, ect... which has these basics? I can also try Yoyo'ing for a while if it helps, but I wouldn't know what yoyo I should buy :O and where I can find any tricks then =(

Maybe any of u guys could help me out (since u're all scary with tutorial video's, showoff video's and being able to throw about 51 diabolos around)...
So: I can do most basic things, I've got nearly unlimited patience, and I learn pretty quick, but i don't know anything about anything :P so I'm looking for help about everything :P

Haha, I hope this topic makes any sence and you all can follow me, I apologize for my crappy english (I'm Dutch :) so I would understand dutch reply's as well ^^)
Andeh.... u're all awesome!

Sayonara,
Lennard

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Can't do Yoyo-like and String tricks =(
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »
Yoyo tricks with diabolo - tutorial

Tut by Marko for yoyotricks especially.

Diabolo.ca VotW: 31 March, 2008: Langerz

^Since you already knew lz's vids. I think some of these tricks might be too much for you atm though but it doesn't hurt to try/have inspiration.

J-whip should be the first thing you learn (the web is pretty much a double J-whip around the string so if you can't do the single one you'll have difficulties). After J-whip I would recommend a trapeze whip. Then the double versions of either or possibly a J-whip aimed for the backcup...I don't know the name of that trick. Learning these with both hands will take a while.

Japanese whip and double Japanese whip (+slowmotions)

Vid with a really slow J-whip (the first trick he does). The guy doing it is Dutch as well so he might be able to answer your questions in Dutch ;). Watch the handmotion, it's all in the handmotion.

Also after you've got the J-whip down my "protip" for the web because you talk about that trick specifically (it took me ages to learn...) is to aim the whip around the non-whipping stick and then immediately pull that stick out. Way easier to do this at first than whipping immediately around the string.

^Offtopic but sorry for putting everything like this, I dont remember what you wrote to get the vids as links (noembed something I believe?).

Lennard

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »
Thanks a lot ^^

This'll help me a lot :) I've been looking for this kind of videos all around, and i found a few, but these are actually more basic like, and after 10 minutes practice I can do a pretty neat J-whip on both sides :P (not double yet :P and it's not flawless :P I don't know if this is fast, but it sure feels nice to be able to do it :D) and I can do a houdini drop ^^

So... I still don't understand most of the move Langerz does, but I guess that'll come in time :) first I wanna make sure my basics are perfect :) then I'll try some more ^^

Furthermore, I don't fully understand your tips on the Trashweb, but I guess that'll come :) and elseways I'll ask you again later ^^ u seem pro to me ^^
Ehm... also, I'd still like to do some yoyo-tricks with a yoyo too :P just to see differences and get more technical vision (I'm not sure whether that is english as it should be :P), do you have any idea what yoyo I should buy? I don't have a lot of money to spend, but here in Holland any yoyo u buy won't be spining for as long as the yoyo of the guy in the first video (i'd like to have a yoyo like that :O)

Well... still I really appreciate your tips and the videos you posted ^^
Thanks a lot ^^ if I can do anything in return, just ask me ^^

Rickr

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 11:42:52 AM »
2 weeks for 2D really isn't slow!

Lennard

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
Hihi ^^ Thank u ^^
Still I can't do it flawless, so it still sucks xD but it's fun ^^ now I'll need to learn 2D tricks too ^^

Life's hard ^^

Krazy Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
Great tutorial vids.  I've been trying to adapt some yo-yo trick to diabolo and that first vid went way farther than I was even thinking.

Great vids, thanks for posting.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 06:26:04 AM »
It gets better than the tutorial film I made. Saska just showed me a new slack which was plain amazing also there has been loads of 5a yo-yo style inspiration going on during past summer from many different people. If my camera would be working on and I had more time there would be at least 3 tutorials to film of yo-yo tricks. Luckily the material doesn't seem to end any time soon. ;)

Lennard if you're still looking for a yo-yo the one used in my video is X-ConVict by Yoyojam. Price point is around 35euros. But same stuff can be done with cheaper models as well like a Lyn Fury by Yoyojam (10-15euros). Don't forget to buy string when you get a yo-yo. The one string will last you for a day or so. Week if you want to struggle hard.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal