Author Topic: Beginner/Intermediate Higgins gear?  (Read 2501 times)

Fashoomp

Beginner/Intermediate Higgins gear?
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:22:57 PM »
I've been diaboloing for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm using a HB Anti Grav with mediocre plastic handsticks that came in a set with the diabolo. I'm looking to step it up a level. I don't care TOO much about price, but it's a factor. What should I move up to next?

In terms of handsticks, I'm thinking the Xtreme handsticks off of the HB site.

For a diabolo, I'm really not sure. I just don't want to spend a lot and then not like them. I want high performance for good quality. I like the anti grav, but I want one thats a little better.

I also want to start practicing with 2. If I do so, do they both have to be the same diabolo? I'm looking into buying the tornado, because its very similar in size to the one I'm using now. I don't want the finesse because its a little too large for my liking currently. Any feedback on the tornado?

Not Skilled Yet

Re: Beginner/Intermediate Higgins gear?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »
I learned 2d with that and a Finesse, but it's easier with same/similar.
fluffy kitty

Fashoomp

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:35:58 PM »
Yeah, been looking around more and tending to lean to a finesse. Does anyone know the best place to order one (Canada) online?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »
Remembering from what you wrote in your other topic, I'd say just go up to Higgins Brothers when you get a chance and try out some Finesses (or other diabolos) and see what you'd like.

Fashoomp

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 11:57:48 PM »
Yeah...I live further from Higgins than I thought. I don't live exactly in Toronto, but just outside. I google map'd it, and I'm an hour and a half from the store.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
Yeah...I live further from Higgins than I thought. I don't live exactly in Toronto, but just outside. I google map'd it, and I'm an hour and a half from the store.

its definitely worth going up to the store then, because nothing is like having your own impression of diabolos
can't believe its not butter

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
An hour and a half away from the store is like being next door for some people.  When I lived in Edinburgh, I'd take a 3 hour train ride to go to Butterfingers just outside York (and, yes, 3 hours back).  Definitely worth it to try out the stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal