Author Topic: Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER  (Read 76317 times)

tetsuya

Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2005, 02:27:42 PM »
Hi guys!
I just wsnt to say that a frind of mine make some diabololight.
They'are real good, cheap(about 2-3 euro per diabolo, dubleside!) and easy to do... I find these kit BETTER then the henry's one(because the diabolo is perfectly balanced)
You can find everything at http://gepponline.altervista.org/home.htm
under "giocoleria - costruire - diablumo"
They are Red, white and blue

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2005, 05:56:51 PM »
When I wanted to make some light kits for my diabolo, I found that website and planned on doing it like that.  Unfortunately encountered a few problems that:
1) Film canisters especially like those ones are extrememly rare now because film now comes in foil packages (in the UK anyway).  Most of the ones I see are the pop over the rim caps which don't work that way.
2) I have Finesses which don't have a convenient centre bolt hole to attach it to.

In the end I found some LEDs in some old toys that I tore out with the circuits intact and stuck them to jam jar lids which screwed into the holes for holding Evo4 or Evo3 kits.  Crudest things in the world, not terribly well balanced, but they do work.  I wanna get some more lights to do both diabolos.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

DrRobotnik

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2005, 09:46:23 PM »
Today i found some cheep glowsticks at my local supermarket so a got a few (20 :D ). After about an hour looking for the right screws and stuff in the garage opted of a high tech approch to mount them on my finesse....sticky tape.

I was quite pleased with the results. So mounted a red and a blue one onto my sticks and cracked out the digital camera:

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2005, 11:21:14 PM »
your diabolo looks like it's super super unbalanced...how are the wobbles?

DrRobotnik

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2005, 11:59:50 PM »
it feels almost normal. I think it looks wobbly because the glowsticks are  brighter at one end.  The sticks themselves are very light even compaired to my G2s. They just need to be reset every so often bacause of the tape holding them. The first picture of the diabolo on the table was taken after i dropped it, thats why the stick loks off center.

I still cant wait for the new MB lightkits tho :D

Sambo

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2005, 02:58:41 PM »
Quite surprised your supermarket sells glow sticks. I can only get them from fishing shops. I've gotta try this glow diabolo business.

Jonnyh

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2005, 12:09:38 AM »
This quote is from awhile back in the forum:

I know some people might think this is a really idiotic idea but here it is anyway. I was wondering if drilling small holes, say close to the rim of an opaque diabolo (circus / harlequin / white or blue finesse), might allow you to see a band of light that would help you see the diabolo.
I know the babache lights light up the bell, I'm not too sure if the henrys ones are do to the same extent.

(probbably get an annoying whistle as well)

I was thinking this too, and if it was done very precisely and carefully, I think it would work. It would be especially good if you stuck LEDS actually pointing through aswell, so that they were embedded in the diabolo, thus eliminating any chance of a whistling sound.

Also, if they were UV LEDS, if you had the yellow string that henry's do which is UV reactive, it would look wicked! I tried putting that string under UV and it really does work well.

Well everyone, watch out for my Finesse Ultra (trademark) LED kits. Coming to a store near you, soon! (joke) I may have a good go at inventing some though.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2005, 01:52:53 PM »
oh c'mon mr.b i need those lights in 9 days coz im goin on holiday to cornwall and i really want to do some glow diabolo on the beach at night at my friends party.
if i dont i will ure the glow stick idea coz its cheap and it looks like it worked really well.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Paul

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2005, 07:33:25 PM »
Firetoys have just anounced in the their forum that the new babache light kits are arriving tomorrow! In 4 colours too!

Off topic a little but they also now have larger axel kits for circus diabolos!!!     Rock on!
Peace

Spooned

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2005, 10:42:40 PM »
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1 11 ! Finially, maybe in time for hoilday, i go on sunday, then again maybe not. Tis great news thanks paul.
Diabolo or Diablo

topher

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2005, 04:59:17 PM »
guess whos orderd some  \:D/  thank god there finally out bin waiting ages. thanks for letting me know paul
if someone with multiple personality disorder threatons to kills themselves is it considered a hostage situation?

Paul

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »
I think I'm gonna order some mysaelf actually! Will have to wait a week till pay day though which sucks! :D
Peace

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2005, 05:26:58 PM »
Quote from: Paul
Firetoys have just anounced in the their forum that the new babache light kits are arriving tomorrow! In 4 colours too!

Off topic a little but they also now have larger axel kits for circus diabolos!!!     Rock on!

that's sweet, when will they be available online? i waited that whole day and they arent on the site yet :p

btw, those large hub/axle for circus is interesting...i really want that black wide and light kit...if only there was a picture...

Will^

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2005, 05:29:18 PM »
The shop I work in just got a stock in today (of the new evo G2 lights), setting some aside for the staff and friends, I think theyre already sold out.  :?

topher

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2005, 05:31:21 PM »
which shops that?
if someone with multiple personality disorder threatons to kills themselves is it considered a hostage situation?

Paul

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2005, 07:14:58 PM »
They are available now. i just checked and they are on the site ready to be bought be eager beavers like us!
Peace

Will^

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2005, 08:22:43 PM »
Quote from: topher
which shops that?

Jugglers in Hockley  :D

nev

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
Yey - just ordered mine.  Bit concerned that they dont have any chargers yet though.  Should be able to use a universal adapter with it (depending on jack connection type) otherwise I'll have LED kits with no way of getting them to illuminate.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Spooned

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2005, 03:39:15 PM »
I think that they are supplied with the charge, or am i very much mistaken.
Diabolo or Diablo

Will^

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2005, 03:48:05 PM »
I've been told there are no chargers with them yet, but they are rechargable. I guess MB is gonna make us wait some more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal