Author Topic: Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER  (Read 75207 times)

nev

• Donator
Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2005, 01:49:30 PM »
Anyone got any news on when the chargers will be available??

ps - Instore (formerly Poundstretcher) sells a pack of button batteries that includes 6 x G13's (enough for one diabolo both sides and you get a load of spares for other stuff) for £1.  Its the cheapest I can find !!!
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2005, 02:45:07 PM »
Quote from: mynci
ps - Instore (formerly Poundstretcher) sells a pack of button batteries that includes 6 x G13's (enough for one diabolo both sides and you get a load of spares for other stuff) for £1.  Its the cheapest I can find !!!
I second that.  Poundland or other pound stores often have large packs of button batteries where you're likely to find the one you need and many many more.  They're not the best brands like Varta or anything, but they'll do the trick and a damn sight cheaper.  Of course don't throw away the rechargable ones.  I've never seen rechargable button batteries, they've gotta cost a small mint.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

KaTurN

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2005, 05:38:56 PM »
arent the new light kits alrdy enclosed in plastic of some sort

I realy dont want to buy something im going to watch shatter into a million peices

Will^

« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2005, 06:22:15 PM »
I dont think they'll shatter, they seem fine to me. A guy from work also did something like a 50ft throw and missed the catch (blamed the booze) and ended up with one of the lights a little crooked in each side, but they still work fine.

Unless you like to do Vertax/Excalibur over lots of really sharp pointy rocks, I think you should be ok.  

@séan - I dont have any pictures becuase I've only seen it at work, and never take my camera. I might be able to get a cruddy one from a phone or something, sorry.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2005, 03:24:50 AM »
Quote from: Will^
I dont think they'll shatter, they seem fine to me. A guy from work also did something like a 50ft throw and missed the catch (blamed the booze) and ended up with one of the lights a little crooked in each side, but they still work fine.

lol - I went camping with mine and ended up with 20 or so kids around me wanting to learn. didnt get any practice in but about 15 of them learnt diabolo in two days (even to the stage of arm orbits from scratch!!!).  BUT....... most requested trick was the 'throw it as high as you can & catch it' one.  Fine in the daytime but not good at night with the LED's in strong wind.  But they still work so there you go.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Will^

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2005, 06:33:23 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this drop was on concrete too  :lol:

Damn kids, people wanting to learn gets annoying after a while. I get frustrated wtih people who are useless at it, although I know im just being a bastard becuase everyone has to start somewhere  :)

Yoda

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2005, 08:58:04 PM »
Hey guys, I (finally) finished making my lightkits for my finesses, they work with 3 bateries and 3 leds, the leds are attached in a kind of socket, so I can change the leds anytime I want in secs, and also use any combination of colours, which looks good =]
I took some pictures of it yesterday, do you know any good space for hosting the images? so I can post them here...

They are not easy to make, but if anyone knows a little bit about making circuit boards, soldering and stuff they can be made very cheaply...

What I need now are rechargeable batteries, but I can't find them anywhere!

[]s!

P.S. White and UV leds look awesome on the white finesses  :D
Lucas Machado

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2005, 09:03:31 PM »

Yoda

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2005, 10:07:36 PM »
This site didn't open, so I used imagehosting.us, anyway, here are some pictures:

The light kit itself (ok, not very well made:oops:, but it works great!):

UV leds (although it looks like white/blueish in the pictures, its purple live, I'll try to get better pictures someday)

White leds (my preference =])

Blue and Green leds:

Hope you like it!

[]s
Lucas Machado

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2005, 10:53:33 PM »
Wow those are cool.  Looks like someone's got some experience with PCB boards.  And the colours are amazing.  How is the resilience of the kit?  Drop well or not?  How's the balance too?  Can't seem to find anything good for making kits here in the UK, Maplin is a bust even though you think it'd be the best place for electronics.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Yoda

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2005, 12:23:37 AM »
thanks chiok!

I know a little bit about eletronics, my father is an eletric engineer, so he thought me something, I hope I'll learn a lot more on college =] (I love this stuff)

the resistence seems pretty good, at least I have not been able to damage it in any way, and I have made some pretty high throws over concrete and let it fall...
the maximum I got about damaging it was making a led fly, but after that i figured that my girlfriend didn't put them correctly on the socket.

The balance is perfect, no wobbling at all, If you look at the design, I tried to make it as radial symetric as possible, all with 60 degrees, I'm a little perfectionist in these things, I'm thinking about making new ones, because these ones are ugly, kinda prototypes, and give them to my girlfrind... :P

I don't know whre you can get stuff in the UK, I'm brazillian, and had  everything here in my house. Now I'm looking fot blinking leds, to see if I get that stroboscopic effect  :D

[]s
Lucas Machado

Will^

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2005, 01:38:25 AM »
They look awesome, might have to go make some if I get bored of the babache ones. The strobe idea sounds great too. Maybe I could do something like this when I start my electronics course at college this year.

i figured that my girlfriend didn't put them correctly on the socket

Girls and electronics
 :roll:

eggy900

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2005, 08:35:14 PM »
Anyone know if you can use a normal 9v cable to charge the finesse kits, it seems to be the same as the adapter that MB are selling.

Arjan

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2005, 10:30:18 PM »
Try it out, probably it can.

Will^

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2005, 11:47:59 PM »
Edit: Ignore me (until further notice) :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2005, 01:54:24 AM »
wow, that's sweet :D

btw, what does the plug look like? (where you plug it in?) seems i will be buying a light kit :)

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2005, 02:30:50 PM »
errrr yeh so i attached a 9V adaptor to a light kit thinking it would do the same as a recharger. how wrong was i?

BOOM

martijn

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2005, 02:57:36 PM »
Auch! Sorry to hear that man. Poor you...

Kids, don't try this at home! Steve is a professional! :P

Will^

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2005, 05:10:25 PM »
Uhhh I probably shouldn't have thrown that packet away....  :shock:

Arjan

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2005, 06:10:53 PM »
Are you sure it was a 9V adapter?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal