Author Topic: Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER  (Read 75209 times)

Spooned

Diabolo light kits (Ev. 4, Vega, Diabglo...) DANGER
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2005, 04:57:24 PM »
Damn MB, tapping us up for a bit more cash
Diabolo or Diablo

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2005, 05:22:54 AM »
well if they dont come with a charger what are you supposed to do when it runs out of battery??

DrRobotnik

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2005, 05:45:58 AM »
The batteries come charged, once used they are suggesting we keep hold of these cells but use disposable batteries until  the charger is released.

seán_

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2005, 09:04:56 AM »
Well mine just arrived and I was wondering what to do without a charger, now I know.

at last, NowI can bring the g1's out of retirement.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2005, 09:22:51 AM »
they should make them self chargeable, like a watch. the spinning motion of the diabolo charges the battery. genius..

hey sean, i dont quite get what you mean by that G1 comment, explain?

seán_

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2005, 09:29:51 AM »
Self chargeble would be great. or solar powered.

I think I'll use them on my red G1's Matt, since I have 2 white g2's, an orange and a green, that way I have a set of light diablos that because of the weight g1's will spin ok, and 4 diabolos that are normal weight so I can still practice 3 without taking the kits on an off.

Yoda

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
Weird that they are not selling the rechargers! Because Mr Babache IS selling them, and the wall connect adapter...
I believe they will be available soon, just keep those rechargeable batteries and when they are available you use them again... Or else you can make a recharger, I don't know how the jack is, but it shouldn't be very difficult...

[]s
Lucas Machado

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2005, 07:51:11 PM »
ah, i see sean. well im actually gonna be buying a new diabolo, so far i think the moon G2 (that one is translucent too, right...?) because i have 2 white G2s and one orange...

Will^

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2005, 09:05:58 PM »
Moon one, is that the glow in the dark one? We put one of the blue LED kits in the glow one, it was crazy. It was like a really pale but bright blue colour shine.

Oh and no matter what anyone tells you, the blue LEDs with the blue finesse do work. We got told they wouldnt shine through, but they do, and they look awesome  :o

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2005, 02:48:05 AM »
yeah, im planning on getting a moon G2 with blue LEDs as soon as the charger is available...well ive been looking at Firetoys..if there is any other site that has all those things before that ill check it out

nev

• Donator
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2005, 01:37:48 PM »
I have red LED kit in red G2 and Blue LED kit in blue G2. Both are great but the blue especially is fantastic.  THEY DEFINATLEY DO WORK WITH BLUE G2's.  And I think a standard 9 volt
charger should work (though you wont know when they are fully charged as with the official kit).
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2005, 05:46:50 PM »
ok, i just need to get a few things straight.

so far i think ive picked up the fact that the light kits dont come with the charger, but Mr.B is selling them. is that a fact.

Oh and ive bought green kits to put in yellow g2's was that a mistake?
i hope it will make a nice sort of limey green colour.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Will^

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2005, 07:03:03 PM »
The light kits, that being the Mr.Babache Finesse Gen 4 Kit, does NOT come with a charger. MB WILL be selling the chargers, although you might not be able to get one just yet.

As for the colours, it seems ok to mix them about. Apart from the normal combos, we tried a yellow kit in orange diabolos, red in yellow and orange, green in yellow. They all looked good, although i guess matching the colours seemed nice though.

Will^

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2005, 09:43:48 PM »
Heres some pictures of the new red LED kit:

Dunno what happened here:

more pretty circles:

The actual kit:

A nice floor shot:

Even a drop looks fancy:

And if you bump the brightness up on this one, you'll see my bodged excalibur attempt. The one where it worked came out crap, i swear!

James

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2005, 11:40:21 AM »
How easy is it to put the light kits in or take them out?

And, do they come charged or do you have to do that with a standard charger before you can use them?
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Will^

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2005, 01:16:31 PM »
They come fully charged, and I found putting them on really easy. They just screw into the regular 2 holes all the evo kits do.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2005, 09:30:59 PM »
What batteries should i replace the rechargeable ones with until the chargers are on sale?

How long do the batteries last once they're charged?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

nev

• Donator
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »
Each unit takes 3x G13 (LR44) button batteries (thats each side so 6 batteries per diab).

Have used mine for about an hour so far on the reghargables (straight from the packet) and they are still nice and bright.  Am going away for a few days later in the week so I am saving them for that.  Will find out how long a charge lasts then and let you know.

update - Charge lasted about 3 hours on the red led kit and bout 40 mins longer on the blue (no idea why onger on the blue)
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

topher

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »
nice pics will. i found them extremely easy to put on. I have mixed cups (orange and yellow) with red lights and they both glow red.
if someone with multiple personality disorder threatons to kills themselves is it considered a hostage situation?

seán_

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2005, 09:44:02 PM »
Quote from: Will^
Moon one, is that the glow in the dark one? We put one of the blue LED kits in the glow one, it was crazy. It was like a really pale but bright blue colour shine.

Have you got any pics of this combination* Will^ (or anybody), Work is thinking of buying some kits for upcoming UV and Light shows so I was thinking of going down this route.

There was a post on the firetoys forum talking about replacing the LEDs with UV ones as well,

*or any other UV and colours

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal