Author Topic: circus or finesse  (Read 10567 times)

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
Re: circus or finesse
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »
nothing surpasses 2 taibolo v2s

I quote that  ;)

Wis

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »
Circuses really aren't that good compared to the other diabolos on the market.
How can you say this and be able to sleep during the nights. Don't you realize the huge amount of great videos done with circuses.
Btw the green diabolos are always better than the other ones, as everybody knows
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »
not when doing multi diabolo. whenever i did two with my circuses, they would continuously turn to the right, so i would always be correcting or turning. they were a pain to use.

All of your opinions have just become invalid. Another person who blames the diabolo for turning to the right when it is obviously your lack of technique. Whenever I do 2 with my circus they don't turn to the right and I've got/been through a fair amount of circus, I guess you were just unlucky and bought the only dodgy 2.

Icebox

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
All of your opinions have just become invalid. Another person who blames the diabolo for turning to the right when it is obviously your lack of technique. Whenever I do 2 with my circus they don't turn to the right and I've got/been through a fair amount of circus, I guess you were just unlucky and bought the only dodgy 2.
it's not a lack of technique. my shuffle is fine, with my taibolos I can shuffle them perfectly fine with no trouble at all, but with my circuses they just don't work. I have the twist kits on, that may have something to do with it, but i can confirm that it's not my technique. and besides, i never said they were unusable. I just believe that there are diabolos that are better than them.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Nah, its definatley your technique.

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
with my taibolos I can shuffle them perfectly fine with no trouble at all, but with my circuses they just don't work.

Yea but hey! your compairing with the outstanding number 1 of all diabolo's here... no wonder even a child could diabolo good with tai's  :P :-X

Icebox

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 04:23:17 PM »
Nah, its definatley your technique.
you can't assume that everybody else has crap technique. even when i'm doing one diabolo, i can just let it lie in the string, and i won't be affecting the tilt at all, and it still turns to the right. i don't know, maybe it is like you said, and i just got dodgy ones, but they still turn to the right.

Diobolical-

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »
I use circus dude and that what i learned 2 D with :) and a little help from dave barnes and nev :)

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
Yeah, but most likely its your lack of technique

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
Sorry guys but a bad workman always blames his tools. Circi no let alone any inanimate object CANNOT do something without external force. Therefor after using this basic LAW of physics.................... It's your technique.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

sokkerking12345

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 02:41:57 AM »
well it could be the circuses. Actually no. It's your technique.
"A good genocide is always the answer."

gir

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
actually, if you simply let the diabolo lie on the string with the string not touching the cups or anything and it still turns to the right, that means that (provided you are right handed) there is more weight on the far cup than the near cup, the center of mass would not be directly within the middle of the axle, but a little farther from your body. to correct that, you would need to add a bit of mass to the near cup or remove a bit from the far cup. the difference could be and probably is rather tiny. the precession to the right will be faster when it is spinning slower, so, if you can get it to be stable at low speeds, it is stable. you can also simply keep them going relatively quickly and that will minimize the precession, it will not eliminate it, but it will make it more manageable.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »
I practiced 2d suns, stalls and sprinkler with a pair of small arlequinos:

Now these are certainly bad for 2D learning but still I did it. Until to the point when they literally fell into pieces and broke completely. Currently I'm using Circuses and the bigger size of diabolo makes it perfect for 2d and pretty much any trick there is. Most important is that you use full sized diabolos. Now that you're doing that already it really doesn't matter that much which brand you use.

If you feel that the gear affects so much to your play you should get new diabolos. If you believe anything that strongly it will definitely affect your play (by affecting your mood to play). Currently I see many people switching constantly to different model. What I would suggest you to do is that you do NOT sell the equipment, just get some new. This way you can always compare the diabolos and think what's best. Also If you ever happen to teach diabolo you will have spare ones left.

One of my students started off with 3 Finesses. After a while decided that they are bad sold them and got 3 Circuses. After a month he sold the Circuses to get 3 Taibolos. After month again sold Taibolos to get 3 Suns. Now he is stuck to the suns and realized that diabolo's he really likes are Circuses with JC's kits and Taibolos. He has used so much money on this discovery and cannot get them for a while. Also selling previous equipment at bad price means he lost loads of money. Buying the same equipment again doesn't sound that wise. Think about this, I don't want you to end up with diabolos again you don't like, just to realize you actually sold the one's you preferred.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Cand1ez

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:05 PM »
I worry alot of the time that people want the cool looking diabolos rather than the ones best for them.

i recently got hold of two second hand stock circusses and they are great for my 2D learning at the mo but are...... ugly...

Anyway.  My two cents are spent coz im drunk and got chucked out my union.  Why am i here?
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

jordak

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »
Anyway.  My two cents are spent coz im drunk and got chucked out my union.  Why am i here?
jake gyllenhaal: What! Noooooooooooo.
My sympathetic reaction is most similar to 0:11.
I hope things turn around for you Cand1es.
Diabolo may be very technical - but don't overlook the artistic side ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal