Author Topic: EJC 2006  (Read 32116 times)

Nick

• Donator
EJC 2006
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »
EJC was excellent this year. Certainly a lot better organisation, weather and facillities than last year. Great to meet some people from the forum again, as well as some new faces.

The level of diabolo skill on display was incredible. So many people with solid 3d shuffles these days. It was rare to find someone playing with one or two. Some great diabolo shows through out the week. Ofek is far too young to be that good. Another nice routine from Tempei. I'm still trying to decide if like Eric's new "no-spin" style or not. Its certainly original and creative, though. I'll have to see how it develops in the future. Two slick, professional acts from Tony and Ryo in the final show to end the convention on a high.

Quote from: norbi
... 20 catches (ish) of 4 low!

This was definitely impressive, but I felt really sorry for the person passing the fourth diabolo in. He seemed to spend all week speeding up one diabolo and throwing it to his left.

Cheers to everyone who helped to make EJC Ireland such a good week.
Jeers to sunburn and the people playing tribal drums outside my tent all night.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Mattias

EJC 2006
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »
Sounds like you had a great time in Ireland. I couldn't make it due to lack of money. But Greece will be fun. Although tenting in Greece in August? Madness, I hope it is a touristy place so there is more hotels available than there was in Ireland.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

fredo

EJC 2006
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »
I'm still trying to decide if like Eric's new "no-spin" style or not. Its certainly original and creative, though. I'll have to see how it develops in the future
 more about that please  :shock: is there a video of it out there?

Nick

• Donator
EJC 2006
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2006, 01:23:48 PM »
Basically he has the diabolo either not spinning or just spinning very slowly and then manipulates it between various traps and stalls using different body parts or the sticks. It sounds like it is also called "contact diabolo". More about this style can be found in this thread.
I've found that its good fun to play around with when you are too tired/lazy to spin the diabolo up quickly.
I don't have any videos, but hopefully we will see some more experimental stuff like this in the Collaboration video.
Nick.
Edit:- I just noticed that you actually started that thread. Sorry.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

martijn

EJC 2006
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »
I love Eric's style, especially that kind of stuff. Arjan is really into it as well. Eric did basically the same as in the cut-out from the EJC 2005 dvd plus some new stuff.

fredo

EJC 2006
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »
has anybody filmed him doing this stuff? i can hardly imagine what you mean  :oops:

kaspar

EJC 2006
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2006, 05:03:22 PM »

martijn

EJC 2006
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2006, 06:01:24 PM »
Fredo, read my post again, click on the link and watch the video.

And I'm sorry to say, but that is one of the worst edited videos I've seen. You put in loads of drops, faded to other clips way too early and used way too many cheesy transitions. The content of the video makes up for it though. Gotta love such a nice 4 low pattern.

fredo

EJC 2006
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2006, 09:06:25 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
Fredo, read my post again, click on the link and watch the video.
I wanted to sse some of his contact stuff - I've already seen the vid you suggested  

EDIT - wow, that sounds rude - I didn't mean it  :wink:

martijn

EJC 2006
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2006, 09:34:57 PM »
I'm sorry, then I haven't understood your question. I thought you were asking for more explanation about his new 'non-spinning diabolo style', so I gave you the video of the EJC 2005 (which was basically the same as what he did last week in Millstreet).

fredo

EJC 2006
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Tijn
I thought you were asking for more explanation about his new 'non-spinning diabolo style'
ah this is what I meant, but in te video, he does pretty all the stuff with spin - so it was a problem of understanding (mainly mine, though :P )

thought it would be with even more parts without spin, just bouncing or throwing into the string, sandwiching between legs, kick-ups, what do I know... :wink:- without doing accelerations or accelerating tricks at all...

jelen

EJC 2006
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2006, 02:57:49 AM »
very nice ejc!! hat a lot of fun over there... couldn't juggle much because my back hurted a lot... but incredibly last days of the convention It got much better. I love Eric's style!!! IT was a pitty he had so many drops on the open stage!

BlueNovember

EJC 2006
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006, 07:39:55 PM »
Quote from: sparx
Quote from: tommi
Quote from: norbi
Including 20 catches (ish) of 4 low!

What? Sounds unreal, who was that?

...and has anyone filmed it??

I may have a pic somewhere. It was well-good. 3 low from a wrap start, then his mate tossed in the 4th.
--

1.5 hours of shows ever night for a week... pure awesome. Irish night was a little weak, but it hardly detracts from the mind-blowing performances of Ryo and the Shiltons. Ofek's 3 high is awesome :o  :!:

Games were great too. An epic Gladitors match with 5 heats, club balancing with added guiness, unicycle slow race, and more. Diabolo games (oh wait, *game) was pants as always. Wasn't even an infin-sui endurance =(

Overall a superb 8 days. Bring on Greece! Uber thanks to the EJC comitee for sorting it all.

~
Richard (Sorry Tim, forgot you were registered too :P)

JC

• Donator
EJC 2006
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »
The convention was beautiful,
I found also some photos on the website from Millstreet Town

http://www.millstreet.ie/recent%20events/juggling/ejc_update.htm
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

seán_

EJC 2006
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2006, 10:42:12 PM »
Thanks JC, if you look closely at those pictures you can see a plug for your ultraleicht kits :P

I had a great time at the EJC. Lots of nocturnalism and great to meet up with those  who I havent met for a while or those I havent met before. I'll not do a list as there were loads of you.

I started to get back into the swing of diaboloing whilst there after a long period of just spinning my wheels. I'm looking forward to next years  EJC, hope to  see even more diaboloists there.

martijn

EJC 2006
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2006, 11:04:42 PM »
Yeah so did I. The result of only bringing my rings and diabolos to the convention really made me play diabolo much more than usual. John made me play diabolo as well, so... thanks bud! This evening I had a nice little play with some things I'm working on, and trying to come up with some stuff for the collab video.

The convention brought me lots of good stuff!

Arjan

EJC 2006
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »
I loved the convention, mainly because of all the laughs and good times with all the people I spoke. Thanks!

Shawn Fumo

EJC 2006
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2006, 06:50:17 AM »
Thanks for posting the links to galleries. This looks like a really amazing time! I only hope I can make it there some year...

fadge

EJC 2006
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
EJC was awesome, thanks to all the prople who ran it.

It was nice to meet some new people aswell. I also had the weirdest flight home sat with Vux, what a legend. He also taught me how to paly some crazy game called jungle speed or something??

All in all a sick convention!

Fadge

ztt

• VotW Contributor
EJC 2006
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2006, 10:06:22 PM »
wow, looked liked a great conventoin, i had to watch the 4 low about 10 times to belive that it was actually real
zack turner

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal