Author Topic: 2 Diabolo question... ?  (Read 2507 times)

Fueltheflame

2 Diabolo question... ?
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:10:21 PM »
Hi all !!!!

I have finally got to grips with 2 diabolo's *cheers*  :-D
can keep them going, correct them, and even attempt a few tricks too  :)

But i have a slight problem in that they always seem to both tilt away from me without changing their line (i.e. the cup closest to me rises)

Ok it can be sorted with corrections (which is a pain because the line can change) but I have a feeling this is something im doing and would love to know of any solutions :)

Alllllsooo  i can do two low ... but cant seem to get 2 high going .. it just goes wrong ! any hints or tips ?

Thanks !!!

Leechy

p.s.
Sorry if its been anywhere else cause i have looked and if its there i missed it.

Mr.D

Re: 2 Diabolo question... ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »
About the tilting: Diabolos tilt because something is putting a directional force  the axle, you know that. A common situation with 2d is that the string is rubbing the cups. If the right end of the string rub the furthest cup and/or the left end of the string rubs the closest cup, the diabolos will tilt towards you. You simply have to be aware of this problem and focus on not rubbing the cups with your string.

About 2d high: This requires close-to perfect throws at every throw. Focus on using the whole string, i.e. let the diabolo land of the right and leave on the left side of your string. Throw not too high, but just right (:P).
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Fueltheflame

Re: 2 Diabolo question... ?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »
Awesome, that sussed it .... i think i might have been doing a squiffy shuffle  :o lol

Cheers !!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal