Author Topic: Wishlist of equipment, should I take something out?  (Read 7283 times)

Purincake

Wishlist of equipment, should I take something out?
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
Ok, well, i decided to take diabolo juggling seriously. I've been going as far as to try to start a juggling club in the school. As such, i've been putting together a wishlist of several thing i might wanna get, but, are there somethings i should take out due to price/unimportance, or any recommendations that might wanna add?

Here's the list:

1 Black Sundia Fly (long axle):http://diabologalaxy.com/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=16
1 Finesse G4 (White): http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=176
A blue Monobolo: http://monobolos.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=17
Super Grind Carbon Handsticks: http://www.oddballs.co.uk/super-grind-carbon-diabolo-hand-stick-p-2959.html (Thanks to rochdalejak, for making the post in which i saw these handsticks)
Finesse Evolution Kit 1 (Wider axle): http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=462
Finesse Evolution Kit 3 (6g/10g weights): http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=461
Mister Babache 4-Diabolo holding bag: http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=278
Roll of Henry's string (orange, changed my mind): http://www.henrys-online.de/Webshop/contents/en-us/d45.html (Thanx to Tipper)
Diabology Dvd: http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=445

Here's what i have so far:

Henry's Aluminum handsticks
Five Yellow Replacement Strings
1 green G3 Finesse diabolo
1 red G4 Finesse diabolo
2 wooden sticks (i don't use them, they came with the diabolo's)

I go to juggling store alot.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Re: Wishlist of equipment, should I take something out?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:57:06 PM »
Would this be for yourself or for the club? Either way I would say that depending on the number of people you expect to have you should maybe get more diabolos (vision diabolos are a nice start). If you are looking for something yourself you should get good quality diabolos that will last you a while like the circus, finesse, sundia. Club members typically dont need the top notch gear if they are beginners, just something to start them off with and let them use during meetings. Let them worry about getting their own high quality gear if they like juggling/diabolo enough. I have been diaboloing and doing club things for about 6 years, you will build up a collection of gear, just takes a while if you are poor like me :P
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

wgm

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »
not the acrylic sticks. stuff made by jugglingstore isn't always that good. u don't need evo 1 and 7, they do the same thing.

Purincake

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:57:15 AM »
Would this be for yourself or for the club? Either way I would say that depending on the number of people you expect to have you should maybe get more diabolos (vision diabolos are a nice start). If you are looking for something yourself you should get good quality diabolos that will last you a while like the circus, finesse, sundia. Club members typically dont need the top notch gear if they are beginners, just something to start them off with and let them use during meetings. Let them worry about getting their own high quality gear if they like juggling/diabolo enough. I have been diaboloing and doing club things for about 6 years, you will build up a collection of gear, just takes a while if you are poor like me :P

Nope, it's all for me, i haven't even started the club yet (since the year just started). Well, i'm kinda poor, but i get enough money to buy a new diabolo atleast every 2&1/2-3 months.

not the acrylic sticks. stuff made by jugglingstore isn't always that good. u don't need evo 1 and 7, they do the same thing.

Oh, really. I just picked them 'cause they looked cool. And so they do the same thing, then i'll just get the first one. I'll edit immeadiatly...tomorrow...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:09:33 PM »
If I were you I would wish for another red G4, freestyle kits and possibly weights for both of them as my first priority.

I would forget about the spinabolo, acrillic handsticks, monobolo, chinese yo-yo (waste of money if you arent going to use it alot?) and Evo 1.

The fly is a good diabolo but I recommend getting a bit more known with your finesse before starting to explore that area too much.

You might want to get yourself a roll of henry's string so you are sure to have plenty of string.

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Purincake

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:36:37 PM »
If I were you I would wish for another red G4, freestyle kits and possibly weights for both of them as my first priority.

I would forget about the spinabolo, acrillic handsticks, monobolo, chinese yo-yo (waste of money if you arent going to use it alot?) and Evo 1.

The fly is a good diabolo but I recommend getting a bit more known with your finesse before starting to explore that area too much.

You might want to get yourself a roll of henry's string so you are sure to have plenty of string.

-Tipper

Why the Evo 1 and the Monobolo? and the roll of string is definitely being put up!

JC

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
Monobolos are balanced single sided Diabolos
www.monobolo.de
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »
I downloaded diabology with torrent. Don't think this is spam, i'm just suggesting it.
fluffy kitty

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »
I downloaded diabology with torrent.

This is illegal and I insist that no-one does this. Pay for the goddamn DVD and support the MFP.

-Tipper

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 02:21:05 AM »
I just didn't have any money at the time, and you're right about supporting the mfp.
fluffy kitty

Purincake

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:04:26 AM »
Monobolos are balanced single sided Diabolos
www.monobolo.de

I know that, i was just questioning why Tipper said i shouldn't get it.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
I know that, i was just questioning why Tipper said i shouldn't get it.

What are you going to use it for? (:

And I think that evo 7 by itself is great. Don't see why you would want the evo 1 with it.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
Sundias one-sided diabolos (the bearing ones)>Monobolos imho. I dont know costwise though if it's cheaper to get a Monobolo? Just saying if you want something that's somewhat easy to use go for the single bearing (or better 2x/best 3X) version. Unlike regular Diabolo one-sided ones are easier with bearings and the 3x one even beginners could use pretty well.

Unless you're gonna play on concrete ofcourse then you may well want the monobolo for the cup.

seán_

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 06:56:41 PM »
I just didn't have any money at the time, and you're right about supporting the mfp.
So then you've bought it since?

Purincake

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
What are you going to use it for? (:

And I think that evo 7 by itself is great. Don't see why you would want the evo 1 with it.

I'm obviously gonna hotdog the fact that it spins like a top. Everyone i know is mesmerized by my plain Finesse G3, so imagine the 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' if i get one that spin likle a top and can do most of the tricks. Besides, aren't some of them unbalanced to make it spin sideways better? I figure with that, it can help me with the vertax's.

And with the Evo 1, not only can it do the whole finger grind thing, with a longer axle, i'm sure wraps would be easier with more space, especially when breaking in new string. with it not tagling up during wraps as much, i'm sure it too could help me with the vertax.

Icebox

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »
And with the Evo 1, not only can it do the whole finger grind thing, with a longer axle, i'm sure wraps would be easier with more space, especially when breaking in new string. with it not tagling up during wraps as much, i'm sure it too could help me with the vertax.

you do have a point with the wraps part, but with the hubs spaced so far apart, getting into vertax will be virtually impossible.

Purincake

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 02:40:26 AM »
you do have a point with the wraps part, but with the hubs spaced so far apart, getting into vertax will be virtually impossible.

yes, i know. Well, if anyone noticed, i kinda took the hubs off the list as well as the chinese yo-yo, acrylic handsticks, and so on. Is there something that i should get that i haven't put on the list?

P.S. Which type of handsticks should i get for the long run (just in case something happens to my aluminum ones)? Fiberglass, Carbon, Xtreme, or Energy? I hear good things from all of them (for the most part) and i don't know which ones to get.

P.S.S. Forget that, i found something good.

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »
So then you've bought it since?
Yeah
fluffy kitty

Wigg wigg

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
Sundia fly wide axle is my 2nd diabolo and I love it; get it, i would recommend it!!
Diabolo tricks are never hard beacause the person who invented them thought they were easy!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal