Author Topic: 3d attemps  (Read 3016 times)

Shan

Not Skilled Yet

Re: 3d attemps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:59:08 AM »
mehh
fluffy kitty

Olive

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:38 PM »
mehh

blöööh

I have to ask what you mean by these comments? It´s pretty rude. Are you jealous of what Shan´s achieving or are you dismissing something that he´s clearly spent a lot of time working on and practicing?

I´m not sure whether he was after some pointers, or if he was after a bit of congrats at getting his 3D almost solid. But your comments are fairly pointless.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
mehh
Thanks for the input.  All you seem to achieve on this forum is failing to use sarcasm, and using sarcasm as a poor comeback to being told. Your input on .ca is on par with a chocolate teapot...pretty ****ing useless.

Shan, i'd offer advice but its not my forte, dave from gravy would be a better source to be honest
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »

What I mean to say is it's decent but you need to work on correcting, because after seeing way too many people do 3d, for some reason it seems only passable.
fluffy kitty

atte96

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:09:38 PM »
topic is wrong. its not attempts.... he can do 3d!! and thats awesome. good work. work on your tricks :)

finesse

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
What I mean to say is it's decent but you need to work on correcting, because after seeing way too many people do 3d, for some reason it seems only passable.

And how does that turn in to "mehh"?
Congrats on getting a shuffle Shan, looking forward to the day I get it.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
hi shan

first of all congratulations on obtaining a 3 diabolo shuffle. by the looks of this very short video its hard to offer much advice. but for one thing i must say is that you are at the stage where you can modify and recover a pattern well. therefore the only thing left to do is to decide on how you want your pattern to look.

lets face it everyone has stereotyped 3 diabolo shuffles into 2 category's:

sync : where your hands move at the same time in "sync" up and down

async: where your hands move like beating a drum left right left right etc

this in fact is NOT true by any account each person develops there own style rendering the whole async and sync crap useless.

at the moment i would say you have somewhere like my shuffle and its more of a galloping beat more than anything else but what you are doing is dropping into sync to correct the timing of the shuffle. this in fact is brilliant! the fastest way to even a pattern out is to go sync for a little bit it makes sense when you think about it. i could go into why but not for this post. unfortunately to correct the orientation of diabolos it easiest to drop into a full left hand dominant shuffle (so just use your left hand no right push) and then correct with the right hand accordingly.

you accelerations are off because you are not quite thinking ahead in your shuffle. to accelerate one requires time and you create time but lifting the folling diabolo a little higher. you are infact not lifting the diabolo at all hence the shuffle almost collapses.

things to practise:
 run a shuffle for a good amount of time keeping it all straight and true.
42 (if you don't understand siteswaps theres loads of resources on this site to help you
making you shuffle really big and the really small. (this encourages general control over your shuffle)
with 2 diabolos practise corrections but try and only hit the diabolo ONCE. obtaining this is important so you can instantly repair a shuffle.

hope all this stuff helps

gravy (he he)
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal