Author Topic: Wrist Pain.  (Read 5620 times)

luabduch

Wrist Pain.
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »
hi guys.
My right wrist started to ache last week, and now I feel a little pain everytime I play diabolo.
It's not a constant pain, is more like an uncomfortable feel while doing some tricks, like hover with 2 diabolos...
I mean, it don't aches while I'm not playing...

I had something similar in the left wrist some weeks ago, but it was more like a swell, I've stopped playing for one day and it stopped...

everyone here have had this kind of pain?
How did you manage to end it?

thanks guys.
Have an awesome week!
=D

Richard

Re: Wrist Pain.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
Pretty common for a juggler to feel wrist pain at some point.

You aren't going to find the answer to it on a forum.

I would suggest seeing a physiotherapist, acupuncturist or osteotherapist.  They can analyse your particular issue hands on and will help fix it.

luabduch

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »
Thanks Richard... To see an acupuncturist is a good idea, I used to have lumbar pain and after acupuncture it never ache again...

well, I think I can still train balls and contact juggling, my wrist just aches with diabolos...
anyway I'll try to make my diabolo training shorts and I'll stop if it hurts...

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »
Happened to me, It just went away, but i dunno about your pain. richard seems right, but you probably shouldn't rush to a doctor right away.
fluffy kitty

luabduch

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 03:43:58 AM »
I know, I'll just start to worry if it became worst, cause actually it's not a big pain, it's more like an uncomfortable feel, like I said.

Anyway, acupuncture is like a therapy, I would do it every week if I could...
It's so relaxing...

=D

Let's see tomorrow...
training balance in the top of the head and some non-impact things in the meantime.

zaximax

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:52:41 AM »
I had too last was somewhere like half years ago.
i would say stop juggling or don't juggle so much untill it gets off. my pain was awful when i continued while it hurted so I had to keep a break for a week!
And some wrist support.

little rest and it'll get fine

-zx

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
man up

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »
man up

hahaha love it!!

but seriously. are you using carbon fibre or fiberglass sticks? cos if you are then the small amount of flex in these sticks actualy increases the chance of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) in your wrists. switch to an aluminum stick and you should find that the pain subsides.

if your not using carbon or fiberglass sticks then choose another line of advice.

Dave
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
buy the lighest sundia diabolo's. And ask nev also for the light hubs. that should help alot ;)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
Don't worry about the equipment you got. I had loads of problems with wrists when practicing vertax. Do more lighter practice and ease up on heavier things. (Lighter practice = stuff you can do without wrist hurting). When it gets sore rest a while and then continue practice. You will gain more strength to your wrist during time and it will last better for you.

If it doesn't go away with resting and easier practice, see a doctor. Then you might also consider lighter diabolo. I was able to cure my wrist pains and continue doing tricks with Heavy Arlequino (350grams) while back. You should get better faster. Also i believe that you're still growing physically so you'll be able to overcome this fast.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

luabduch

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
thanks guys.

I'm not going to change my diabolos and sticks.
I use henrys circus with plastic hubs and xtreme mb alu sticks.

I'll see today if it will hurt, but maybe not, let's wait...

thanks for the tips Marko, actually I'm 18, I guess I'll not grow up anymore, at least not significantly...

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 09:36:02 PM »
Now, that's when your muscles grow amazingly fast. You'll be fine. Also i need to warn you after 6 years your belly will start to grow as well. ;) Until that you'll be safe.

But seriously, your hand will soon be able to take more and more practice. Just go easy on vertax and stuff like that when it's sore.

«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

luabduch

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
hahhhahaha
thanks for the advice man!

Actually I don't train Vertax, I should cause I really want to learn your 4-point stuff, but I'm focusing on 2d and 3d now, specially 3d...
Today I didn't had a really intense train (not because of the wrist) and it didn't hurt, but I'm sure it's nothing serious...

wgm

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 02:14:25 AM »
Warm up your wrists before you juggle

luabduch

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 05:35:57 PM »
I always do that!

wgm

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:13 AM »
then i have no more suggestions  :)

luabduch

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »
I'm ok now, my wrist doesn't hurt anymore, I've played the entire weekend and haven't felt pain, so I think I'll be fine.

thanks for the advices guys...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal