Author Topic: is 2D with different diabolos possible?  (Read 4269 times)

sballe

is 2D with different diabolos possible?
« on: July 25, 2005, 04:30:08 PM »
I have a MB Harlequin, and have been doing 1D for quite some time, but wanna get started with the 2D. I also want to try out the Henrys Circus which is a little lighter.

my question is; if a buy the 300 gram Henry Circus, can i do 2D using the Circus and my 335 grams Harlequin?!? Or should the two diabolos have the exact same weight!!?!

cheers.

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 05:15:04 PM »
It is possible... But it´s highly recommended that you can do 2d before that.

The main difference is going to be funny beats in shuffle. It´s hard to do that in beginning, so I would buy either one arle more or 2 circuses (or 2 G2´s).

I´ve done even 3d with 1 arle, 1 finesse and 1 circus.

With same size/weigth it´s a lot easier.

nezzybaby

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 05:53:56 PM »
ive mentioned this before, but thats exactly what i learnt to do 2 with. Having two the same makes life a lot easier, but a harlequin and a circus are good enough to start with.

Then again i also learnt 2 with a rocket start rather than a more traditional throw or wrap.

but basically you can get it with harlequin and circus, just some tricks are a little odd, and eventually you will need to get similar diabolos. id reccomend getting another circus rather than harlequin.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 06:07:08 PM »
I also started 2d with 2 different diabolos. one was the henrys, and another was some diabolo i dont know the name of. Well, anyways, when I got 2 henrys, it was a heck of a lot easier, but learning 2d with 2 different diabolos is definately possible.

also, elmeri, thats amazing to do 3d with 3 different diabolos.  :shock:  I can barely do 3d for a very short time with the same type of diabolos.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 09:38:31 PM »
I've wondered if someone who was really good already could do 2d with one big and one quite small diabolo. Obviously it would be hard to pop the big d, but the MFP can do anything, can't they?

iHelix

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 09:57:11 PM »
of course, they killed physics.....physics no longer exist in France.... :D

Twilite

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 11:36:08 PM »
Quote from: tomangleberger
I've wondered if someone who was really good already could do 2d with one big and one quite small diabolo. Obviously it would be hard to pop the big d, but the MFP can do anything, can't they?

I think being able to do rather crazy site swaps with two/three diabolos would be a lot harder than a normal shuffle with 2D. As far as I can see it's just a case of popping the heavier one a little harder. It'll be the same two 'pops' every time, so it's still more rhythmical than some of the site swaps they do on videos I've seen. Right?
Curiosity may have killed a whole cat, but Schrodinger only killed half...

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:22 AM »
Quote from: tomangleberger

At the BJC I did two diabolos with a Finesse Performer (HUGE) and a harlequin mini (tiny). I got it on video too, but there is very little chance of anyone getting to see it at the moment.
Luke

tetsuya

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 12:05:05 PM »
I've learned playing 2d with twoo real different diabolo...
No problem!
Everyone can do that!
I perform a jumbo with a jazz too

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 06:19:31 PM »
Quote from: Luke Burrage

At the BJC I did two diabolos with a Finesse Performer (HUGE) and a harlequin mini (tiny). I got it on video too, but there is very little chance of anyone getting to see it at the moment.

I'd really like to see this. I think there would be the potential not just to replicate regular 2d tricks but to do things that would only work when one diabolo is much heavier than the other.
I just wish I was good enough to try it myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal