Author Topic: infinite suicide into magic knot... AAAAH!  (Read 2896 times)

Simalacrum

infinite suicide into magic knot... AAAAH!
« on: October 05, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
Hi everyone, I don't really post on here much, but... well, I kinda need help.

Basically, I've been trying to get the hang of infinite suicide into a basic magic knot outing... however, I've hit a wall in the fact that the string keeps missing the diabolo! Once I try and enter the magic knot, the string will go over the handstick fine and dandy, but then I continually fail to make it then go under the diabolo and thus complete the knot, it just goes round the stick again!

Does anyone have any tips on how I could solve this issue? Thanks to any help anyone can give! :)

seán_

Re: infinite suicide into magic knot... AAAAH!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
seem to recall when I was learning this that you could cause problems the same as for simpler tricks like trapezes/stopovers, if your stick is at the wrong angle or the string crosses too far from the end of the sticks then you stand a chance of missing the diabolo/string

gir

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:20:55 AM »
you could also try after the string hit the stick and its now orbiting the stick, pull the stick and the diabolo towards you a little bit to bring the diabolo axle in line with the rotational plane of the suiciding stick. that might help

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »
Does anyone have any tips on how I could solve this issue? Thanks to any help anyone can give! :)

You can first use your left hand index finger for that magic knot - when you get that solid its much easier to do same move with right stick.

Cand1ez

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »
If i position my body slightly worwards you can see the angle for hitting the axel better so can correct.

Doesn't lookm too pro tho.
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

Richard

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:56:10 PM »
Upload a video - makes it a lot easier to comment on what you're doing wrong - otherwise, it's pure hypothetical help

Toddyupa

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 05:47:25 AM »
Upload it from the side as well, a front angle wouldn't be as useful, i don't think.
pretentious 12 year old

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »
Basically what you try to do is to put your stick in front of the swinging string at the last moment so the swing of the stick doesn't chance axe.
If you do this in the right timing it should work...GL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal