Author Topic: There will be a collab this year?  (Read 8067 times)

luabduch

There will be a collab this year?
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
I'm just wondering.
Is it going to happen?

thanks.
=D

Arthur

Re: There will be a collab this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:45:42 AM »
I don't see why not

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:01 AM »
If there is someone else who is keen, capable, and willing to take it on, then yes. Otherwise, no. I don't have the time right now unfortunately, and organizing and/or editing a collaboration video is an enormous task. If someone is interested, let me know.

Toddyupa

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »
Is someone keen, capable and willing? Tijn? You seem to do every second one, your turn again! :D :D

But really, someone please do the collab!!!
pretentious 12 year old

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
No collab = worse than a ruined christmas  :(

But I guess I'm not one to speak since I myself haven't got the time to do one  ;)
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Jannis

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »
we should ask tjin if he wants to edit the video, he is one of the best editors we have

finesse

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
No collab = worse than a ruined christmas  :(

A ruined christmas is nothing compared to losing the annual collab ;)
It would be awesome if Tijn could edit the collab again.

luabduch

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
Exactly, collabs are the best videos of the year!

Richard

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »
OK, who will ask him?

Toddyupa

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
Lets all ask him so he will feel forced to do it ;) !!!! (Please don't actually all ask him!!)

He isn't the only one who could edit this video. I'd love to see Joona edit the collab :o :D That would be awesome!
pretentious 12 year old

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 07:42:07 AM »
Hello you guys,
If that's ok with all of you, I would be happy to take care of the collab this year as I will have more time by the end of the year.
Of course, I have no problems if you want to ask Tijn. You're all right, he is a great editor :-).
Let me know your feedbacks so we can start organizing this!
Cheers
Nico

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 07:54:27 AM »
Would love to have you edit the collab Nico. And if im right, Tijn is busy with school.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Wis

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »
Hello you guys,
If that's ok with all of you, I would be happy to take care of the collab this year as I will have more time by the end of the year.
Of course, I have no problems if you want to ask Tijn. You're all right, he is a great editor :-).
Let me know your feedbacks so we can start organizing this!
Cheers
Nico
I think this is the kind of messages that are useful in this thread.
For me your editing skills are good enough and having time you will do a good work. Maybe you can just Martijn and Jesse for advices, ;)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
Yeah I'd also be fairly interested in editing I think...

dednightwarriorjamxp

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:44 PM »
should we vote or sumthing ?
He isn't the only one who could edit this video. I'd love to see Joona edit the collab :o :D That would be awesome!
I have plenty of time and i could edit it, BUT i have approximately 5 Gb free discspace, so..
if nico is willing to take this huge task, i would be more than happy to see collab edited by nico ;)
Joona

martijn

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »
I just got back from the Dutch juggling championships, so I'm only reading this now. Thanks for all the compliments, but I've already got my hands full with Made in Taiwan and my school projects :( I don't think I'll be doing the editing for the collab again, because I like to take on new projects to gain more experience and skills.

I recently discovered there hasn't been a collab this year, and since we really needed the summer (good weather, spare time, EJC...) to make the last few collabs video a success, I have my doubts it will be possible this year, since it's October already.

However, if someone feels obliged to take up the job, why not! I'll see what I can do submitting- and filming-wise :)

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
I'm sure it is possible to have collab this year as well. I'm all in for that.

I have my doubts it will be possible this year, since it's October already.

Don't be so negative. It is much more fun, and  much more important for diabolo community to be constructive than to think that everything happen just because of you. There were already others willing to take the editing task.

and what's wrong with October rust? Still lot of 2010 to live or whine, depending what you choose to do.

with my best regards,
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

martijn

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
Don't be so negative. It is much more fun, and much more important for diabolo community to be constructive than to think that everything happen just because of you. There were already others willing to take the editing task.

I'm just being honest. There have been other editors (Jesse for example) and I thought those videos were awesome, so I don't know how you got the idea I would disapprove the collab or something...

However, if someone feels obliged to take up the job, why not! I'll see what I can do submitting- and filming-wise :)

I only said that because it's a big, big job. Hathaway and Nico already offered to do the job, so there are already a few eager to help. Nico, are you sure this won't get in the way of your other BIG project? :P It would be a nice preview/trailer for your big collab project.

I will do my best to get some dutch footage for the collab when it's being organized :)

Richard

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »
Maybe more than one person could do this job?

I could offer a little help but there's no way I could do the whole thing.

I've found that THE most painful thing about doing videos like this is converting them all into the same format for whatever program you're using.

Therefore, maybe we could get others to assist with the conversion and then the 'master' editor puts it all together at the end.

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »
Thanks for the feedbacks guys.
Good to have your views as previous editor Martijn.
Though, you got the point right that timings are getting short, I think it's still possible to come up with something for this year. For example, every shot could be sent before 30th of November. I think it's possible to get something edited in 1 month (even maybe to come up with it for a merry Christmas :-) )
Maybe more than one person could do this job?
Yeah Rich, a collab to realize the collab could be interesting! I am actually just wondering if that makes it easier to deal with because of the time spent organize the tasks with each other. But, hey, this is the collab, and there's no reason to turn this into a competition between the several potential editors.
:-). Regarding the format conversion, it seems that Final Cut Pro, which I am using, could deal with it. Anyways, we should ask participants to send clips in specific formats.
Nico, are you sure this won't get in the way of your other BIG project? It would be a nice preview/trailer for your big collab project.
I actually a bit in a rush with this now, but it will be normally cooling down after mid-november, and practice my editing with the collab could be nice yeah!
Good day guys!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal