Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 2316 times)

liqinglei419

Advice?
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:07:10 PM »
It's been 1 year since I have been diaboloing, and over that year, I have progressed a decent amount through watching videos and self-learning. However, it seems I have reached the point where my learning progress has begun to slow, and learning certain tricks is progressing at a much slower rate than before. I've tried to ask some other diaboloists in my community, but apparently, they too, were unable to do it, because they were either trying to learn it, or they haven't reached that level.

Perhaps, if I ask here, it may give me some insight as to what I am doing wrong, when I do left suns (either a diabolo will get a right frontwrap, or there is misalignment and one diabolo falls off the string), feeds (I can't pop one of the diabolos up!  :o) and multiple antisuicides ( always ends up as a tangled up mess after I do my 2nd swing  :-|). I greatly appreciate if anyone can give me any advice to fixing any of these problems.

finesse

Re: Advice?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
I thought the exact same thought some months ago.
I could not do suns for an eternity, and suddenly it just clicked.
The reason for you learning slower now is because you have reached a more advanced level.
Oh, and about your suns, if you get a wrap on one of the diabolos, you are only using your left hand (if righty) and making the sun incomplete, also called for a sh*t sun.
You have to move both of your hands at the same time (synch) and make both of the diabolos move.
My other advice is simply practise, practise and more practise and you will eventually get the hang of it
Good luck.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:00:51 AM »

You have to move both of your hands at the same time (synch) and make both of the diabolos move.

I must be doing mine wrong then.

Practice your suns with 1D, and work out what your hands are doing to make a wrap appear (with one it is effectivley putting a left wrap on) then just apply that principle to 2. Both diabolos need to go between your arms, whereas in your case only one is and the other one is picking up the wrap. Theres prob loads about it on the forum in fairness just have a look.

P.S just because synch motions work for one person doesn't mean it will for you, just practice and go with the flow. Also whilst you are doing **** suns use it as a chance to practice different way of unwrapping, vortex/transfers etc.

Richard

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:36:56 AM »
(either a diabolo will get a right frontwrap

You need to ensure that both diabolos travel around the stick ends.

This is a real problem with people starting our with 2 diabolo suns.

Also, with the 2 FTS, check out the tutorial that I made with Ben showing how to do it. I actually recently used this tut to teach myself how to do 2FTS and they're working well now.

Basic Suns to the left
2D Suns Tutorial #1 - Between Arms to the Left

FTS
2D Suns Tutorial #11 - Feed the Sun

finesse

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:17:27 AM »

P.S just because synch motions work for one person doesn't mean it will for you, just practice and go with the flow. Also whilst you are doing **** suns use it as a chance to practice different way of unwrapping, vortex/transfers etc.

About that synch motion, I'm reconsidering it.
I still stand to that's what made me sun click for me, but i checked my sun motion and figured out that i changed the style to get the trick more fluid.
Also agree that this might not work for other persons.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal