Author Topic: Would a finesse crack from hight throws?  (Read 7333 times)

dragonrabbit

Would a finesse crack from hight throws?
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »
Hi all, i'm getting a finesses G4 sometime this week (just being delivered), and i was wondering whether anyone knows whether they could crack from high throws, especially in the cold weather approaching in the UK. My parents said they probably would, in the cold weather, but i've heard that they're meant to be very durable. Obviously grass would be a better surface than concrete/paving, but would it actually crack on either of these ever?
Current diabolo is a yoho medium, that's only got many scratches, anyway...
thanks!

PS also, wanting to get a second finesse to start learning how to do 2 diabolos... does anyone know whether you can swap the cups with yellow and black ones? just if anyone knows... or yellow and red. thanks...

Arjan

Re: Would a finesse crack from hight throws?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »
Your mom is probably right, and if you don't believe her, try thowing her off something and see if she would "crack" as easily as those damn whacky finesses G 4!... sorry for that, just get good gear and don't abuse it, neither should you abuse either of your parents obviously. Overall finesses seem to be good in taking high drops on flat tarmac, dirt, pavement, grass, water, ****, yellow snow,   and... uhm...  dead squirls! So be aware, if it drops on anything else it's gone. Don't randomly drop G4's on what not!

Take this not soooooo seriously, but there is some advice in there.  ;)

Oh and you can't do the cup swap thing btw, they will spin in the wrong direction m8.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »

Oh and you can't do the cup swap thing btw, they will spin in the wrong direction m8.

ive just checked and it seems you can swap them if you buy one right handed and one left handed. that means it will work.

anyway back on topic:  ive used circus' in -15 to -20 in Austria on top of a mountain and they were FINE......    proof henrys are better than finesse in every way!!!

p.s i use tiabolos (all right handed) and have never dropped them on a dead squirrel.

Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

dragonrabbit

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
what do you mean they'll spin in the wrong direction? they're not bearings, and i've seen pics of some cups swapped - http://www.diabolotricks.com/wii-BabacheFinesse.html
... anyway, doesn't matter that much about that, don't need to do it...
anyway, thankyopu very much for your help! :) I'll do it on grass when it gets cold...

maxmaestro

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
some colors for some reason re heavier which tilts and rotates the diab. TERRIBLE for 2d. or in some cases if ones older and more worn out it does the same thing. for example ive got a 4 year old circus (blue) and just started using it again after having used bearings for AGES and decided to get another one. (purple) and as my blue ones warn out the weight was different therefor tilting the diabs.

max

ps. alot of people seem to mix green and orange finesse so i think some colors work.

dragonrabbit

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
ok, i suppose, i can just try it out, once i've got the second, and if it doesn't work, just swap them back - no harm done! :)

LV

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »
There's no problem with swapping cups if they're both bought at the same time. And btw, I haven't seen a Finesse crack anywhere, and some elementary schoolers here smack their diabolos on cracky tarmac after high throws.

Lol, the spell check wants to change "btw" into BMW.

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
ive just checked and it seems you can swap them if you buy one right handed and one left handed. that means it will work.

haha i once made the same mistake... i put my 2 right handed finesses together... damn that looked goofy  :-D

Be sure to get both a left handed and right handed finesse then it should be perfectly fine...
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

atte96

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
left and right handed finesse?? whhhat!

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
and sticks!!! dont use left handed sticks with right handed diabolos!!!!

anyway as you say it doesnt matter anyway as you can swap the cups back if it doesnt work. do the G4's have the little marks inside for alignment?
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Fashoomp

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:51 PM »
Wait? You can't just swap any 2 cups? I bought an orange and white finesse g4 at the same time, and swapped them. They're minimally wobbily, like barely noticeable, but is that because of the swap, or because over time the shape is less than perfect?
If not, I'll just switch them back.

Arthur

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 08:39:19 PM »
Wait? You can't just swap any 2 cups? I bought an orange and white finesse g4 at the same time, and swapped them. They're minimally wobbily, like barely noticeable, but is that because of the swap, or because over time the shape is less than perfect?
If not, I'll just switch them back.
i'd say that if you feel their wobbling is anoying, change them back. I don't see why you couldnt swap the colours.

Arjan

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
Yeah overall the left and right cup/stick/string don't really go together as good gear. I just do **** left handed, mainly, good solution to your problems?

edit: Ow how much I hate that "****" thing on this forum, with that word it would sounded sooo much cooler! That female canine! (that actually has letters!)

dragonrabbit

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
what do you guys mean by right and left handed diabolos? surely they're both the same! Cos they're not bearing, or anything!

Arthur

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »
what do you guys mean by right and left handed diabolos? surely they're both the same! Cos they're not bearing, or anything!
sarcasm

dragonrabbit

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Ooh! Ok...  ::)

:)

sokkerking12345

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:20 AM »
They most definitely wouldn't. I have two finesses, one g3 and one g4, and I've thrown them as high as i can and dropped them on pavement hundreds of times ( 2 high is hard, k?) and they aren't showing any signs of actual damage, however they do have some skid marks. So, no there is no way they will break.

And about the cup swapping, different colors have slightly different weights, which will cause them to turn. =P
"A good genocide is always the answer."

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Lovely advise there mates. :D Had ton's of fun while reading the answers.

I don't really believe it will get cold enough in UK to be able to break any diabolos because of weather. And you should not worry about it if you have cups made of rubbery material. Other obvious questions are already answered I believe...
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

LV

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »
I don't really believe it will get cold enough in UK
If UK is a "freezer", what would Finland be? :D And anyways, coldness doesn't brake diabolos, even in Finland.

The Void

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »
If UK is a "freezer", what would Finland be?

Sweltering, in my experience!

The Void
Climatically challenged
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

rochdalejak

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:42:52 PM »
The Void
Climatically challenged
[/quote]
lol

i dont think they would crack i havent tryed mine outside yet
:) yep thats me

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
Yea, you climate tends to go in to the extremes. Sorry you had to experience Joensuu temperatures Void. Now you need to feel what is totally opposite of that... -38 celsius.  Actually that doesn't feel like freezing anymore. Hypothermia feels quite warm actually ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal