Author Topic: Couple of 2D questions  (Read 2187 times)

ThomasCaret

Couple of 2D questions
« on: December 04, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
Hey everyone, I decided to finally buy some new diabolos for 2D. I thought that two G4 finesses would be the best choice, but since they are very light weight, it might not be what I'm used to. What are some other good 2D diabolos? I currently own a 1 way bearing sundia fly, which leads me to my next question; what is your favorite string for doing slack tricks? Mine seems to get tightened and curl up like YoYo string. It seems like I should I replace my very old Henry's aluminum sticks for something that doesn't fixate the string. But maybe you know more than me on the subject.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

gir

Re: Couple of 2D questions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:47:06 AM »
Hello, as is often the case, basically any of the major 5" diabolos will serve you very well for both 1D and 2D. If the finesse are too lightweight for you, Taibolos are a little bit heavier than them and Circuses are about 50 grams heavier(stock). Personally, I find Taibolos best for 2D, but many will disagree on that point. If you have the chance, try 2D out with different diabolos and buy whichever you like best.

I am sure that this has been addressed before at some point. I linked you to the stickied 2D threads, they should probly help you out quite a bit. If not, just search around the forum and you'll find plenty on it.

http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=378.0
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=34.0

ThomasCaret

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:57:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I think that the tiabolos are so close to what I already have, they would be the best choice. But does anyone have any tips for keeping sting from becoming twisted and curling up? Would any of the handsticks that have the string going all the way to the back prevent this?  It seems like that would allow it to fix itself.

maxmaestro

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
carbon fiber sticks probably wouldnt make any difference, what i find, is if the string is getting twisted and curls up on its self etc. i drop one stick while still holding the other and pinching the string. then run you ringer down the string like this and it usually takes the twists out. if not just spin the stick at the bottom the opposite direction to the twist of the sting.
hope that helps

max

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »
you should try the MB extremes or the MB carbons they work very nicely and the string doesn't twist at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal