Author Topic: What Camera?  (Read 4312 times)

Cand1ez

What Camera?
« on: December 28, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »
I didn't know to put this in Videos or Gear.
Sorry in advance if people get annoyed by ill placement.

I'm buying a camera so i can start making my own videos.
I was wondering what spec i should be looking out for or want model recommendations.

I have zero experience in this filming and editing but am looking forwards to learning process.

I like videos with a lot of color such as Jamzjazzs stuff but im sure this is more down to editing style.

I got a budget of around 200.

Peace.
Dave: "Candles, you light up my life"
Funty: "I thought you'd be more Gangster"

Toddyupa

Re: What Camera?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:06:48 PM »
200 what? US, AUD, ??? Anyway, if it is US then your gonna have trouble finding a good quality camera. I think you'd be better off to wait a bit longer, maybe get about 300 before you look, or else in a years time you'll find yourself saying "I should have got a better camera to make HD vids" or whatever.

Just some thoughts.

Hamish
pretentious 12 year old

Cand1ez

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »
English pounds sterling my dear chap.

Incidentally my brothers moving to Melbourne next week for three years so ill be over at some point im sure.

Elkku

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
...or else in a years time you'll find yourself saying "I should have got a better camera to make HD vids" or whatever.

^ that. I have experienced it, and I know how irritating it feels. Just gather more money and buy a good camera. It's not fun to realize your camera is terrible and you really should have bought a better one ;)
Eljas

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »
It's not about the camera, it's how you use it.

If you don't have much experience in filming or editing, starting cheap is a good idea in my opinion.

The Void

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
Whatever camera you get READ THE MANUAL, then you will know how to use it properly. That makes a world of difference, much more so thatn buying fancy kit and then just point-and-shooting.

Meanwhile, here's Nathan's Small Kit article, which you may find useful.

The Void
Hasn't filmed anything for ages....
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

dednightwarriorjamxp

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »
^ that. I have experienced it, and I know how irritating it feels. Just gather more money and buy a good camera. It's not fun to realize your camera is terrible and you really should have bought a better one ;)
I totally agree with eljas :-D
Think about Jarle and HÃ¥vard for example. Their first video was HD and very well filmed, which made it even better :o
Why waste money to a worse camera if you're probably going to buy a better one sooner or later ? ;)
Joona

Cand1ez

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »
I intend to put out good quality videos with use of cinematography. 

I am a visionary!!!!!

Im not looking to make grainy practice videos such as some people do.
Its mainly for juggling videos of various types. But will be used for other things too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal