Author Topic: sundia fly bearing problem  (Read 2066 times)

aznchcknrice

sundia fly bearing problem
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
Hello all, I have a wide axle Fly and yesterday the bearing suddenly got stuck while I was practicing.

Now my Fly acts just as if it had a fixed axle rather than a bearing, the bearing worked a little when I loosened up the bolts in the cups but the diabolo loses its balance very quick this way.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before? Have suggestions on how to fix it? Or do I just have to buy a new one now?  :(

AznnBoyaZ

Re: sundia fly bearing problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:45 PM »
I have had this problem and I just kept tinkering with how tight you twist it ok?

nev

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »
Sometimes the small metal washers on the Fly (the ones that sit between the hub and bearing axle) get bent inwards so they are no longer flat - usually from overtightening.  Simple fix is to flip these over 180 degrees so the bend is now away from the bearing and re-assemble.  Should work fine again...
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

aznchcknrice

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »
hey nev thanks a bunch, i disassembled the diabolo and found some long hair between the washer and the bearing, removed the hair and everything works fine now, guess it got tangled in from practicing on the dirty gym floor haha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal