Author Topic: Wobbling sundia fly  (Read 2332 times)

TheBlivion

Wobbling sundia fly
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
I got my sundia fly white yesterday, and it workd fine then. But now it starts to wobble if i do tricks or just accelerate. its not in my technique,i know that! ;)
I tryed to tighten it up, but it doesnt help. When i touch the axel it moves, like it shouldnt move....if you get what i mean....
Im kinda havin second thoughts about buying the fly.... my finesse is better now >.<  .....

btw. sorry for my bad english x)
...No diabolo, no life...

TheSamster

Re: Wobbling sundia fly
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
If you dropped it at any point it may have mis-shaped the cups. Also if it came via mail order it may have been bent in the post. You can fix it by removing the cups and putting them in warm water and leaving them under a large weight for awhile. This should fix them.
Beware the deadly donkey

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »
As a reseller of the Sundia diabolos I have to mention this: If you grab the bearing axle and wiggle it, it will move slightly. However this movement is normal and I've seen it so many times. Actually I would be more surprised if it didn't move. My experience is that you can tighten it so tight that it doesn't move, but in that case it will slow your spinning down and feel more like fixed axle diabolo. Also in some cases the bolt breaks if you try to tighten it so tight that it wouldn't move.

Wobbling in higher speeds is caused by cups being loose. If tightening doesn't help, changing hubs and that spired like metal part in most cases does the trick.

If you compare durability of Bearing diabolos and fixed axle diabolos. Fixed will always win. It's really rare to see fixed axle diabolo with softer rubber cups to break. Bearings have more parts that can break and also those diabolos are often used with much higher speeds. Ergo there's more force applied to the small parts.

Advice for you. Grab the cups and wiggle them. If they move tighten your diabolo. If they don't move, try switching hubs the spider thing or hubs to other side. If that doesn't help. Consider complaining about the product where you bought it. I'm sure they will help you out.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
It happend to me when i got mine. Just do as marko said and it works perfect..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal