Author Topic: Mr Babache evolution kit 2 (still unreleased bearing kit)  (Read 4678 times)

Marc

• VotW Contributor
Mr Babache evolution kit 2 (still unreleased bearing kit)
« on: August 11, 2005, 10:59:26 PM »
Hi I was just browsing the internet and found out that no where sells the Mr Babache Finesse Diabolo evolution kit 2, so it got me thinking what is it. I thought it might be a Bearing axle so u can grab the cup but u still keeps a bit of speed. Dose anybody know what the Mr Babache Finesse Diabolo evolution kit 2?
Thanks

DrRobotnik

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:29:55 AM »
In answer to your question, the evo 2 as you stated, is a bearing axle but is as yet unreleased. Its nothing to do with being able to grab the cups but the cups will continue to spin even if the hub is stationary (ie wraps wont slow the diabolo's spin).

Who agrees this is cheating :P

Spooned

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:48:09 PM »
*Crosses Fingers*

Me! How could people do such a thing?  :lol:
Diabolo or Diablo

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »
heh, sounds like technology is taking its way even more into diabolos. :)

Wouldnt it be cool if they had like some wind diabolo or something, that when its spinned, a little perpeller in the left and right cups spin with the diabolo... make it more balanced  maybe, since if the wind pressure is blowing away, force would be put upon both cups, pushing the cups towards the axle, thus making the center more the balancing point than it is??? or not, but it would be pretty sweet. Maybe this can even solve the crazy, hard diaboloing in the wind. :P
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 09:51:27 PM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
Wouldnt it be cool if they had like some wind diabolo or something, that when its spinned, a little perpeller in the left and right cups spin with the diabolo... make it more balanced  maybe, since if the wind pressure is blowing away, force would be put upon both cups, pushing the cups towards the axle, thus making the center more the balancing point than it is??? or not, but it would be pretty sweet. Maybe this can even solve the crazy, hard diaboloing in the wind. :P
Just thinking about this, an idea, but not sure how effective it would be.  The propellers would have to be fair sizeable or spin very fast to have an effect, but the shear spinning motion of a diabolo is what keeps it balanced, like spinning tops.  It's called "precession" when a spinning object, like a flywheel constantly equals forces exerted on it by moving the force to the opposite side to balance (thus when it slows down, it can't equalise force as quickly and falls over).  

There's a balance with these things because a large diabolo would spin for longer because the mass is further from the centre but is thus moving slower at the outside so precession occurs quicker when it reaches the speed.  However, as for balancing in the wind, it would have to actively push against the wind but would have to know the difference between wind and just breaking out of plane for moves like fans and vortices.

What might be more feasible would be a kind of "hollow" diabolo, like a bicycle wheel with spokes in the centre as opposed to rubber.  This would mean mass out at the rim and the lack of material in the centre would allow wind to move through it.  Balancing would be a b**** though.

Chiok
(wow long post, someone make a spoked diabolo!)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 11:26:31 PM »
Yeah, i knew about that force that makes it automatically balalce by itself. Its the same force that balances you when you ride a bike due to the spin of the wheel isnt it?

Anyways, it was just a thought, i have no idea if a wind diabolo would work, although, I thought up 2 designs for it already. :)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal