Author Topic: My Chinese New year freestyle performance!  (Read 4760 times)

AznnBoyaZ

My Chinese New year freestyle performance!
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »
Diabolo-Chinese New Year solo freestyle performance by Wilson Ni

Well 3 things about the performance...first, I messed my favorite trick the unwrapped infinite suicide combo due to the breaking of my carbons and having to borrow handsticks that were too light for me ... secondly, this was and also COMPLETELY FREESTYLE, the reason being that the school i was performing for messed up my CD and my friend Jon had to play a random song for me to perform to.
Third, play the video a second time and LOOK at the man behind me the faces he makes are priceless!

also This was back in january when i was still learning vertax genocides so please don't criticize my bad form when dong it!

(I ALSO NEED HELP ON MULTIPLE VERTAX GENOCIDES PLEASE HELP)

Laurianne

Re: My Chinese New year freestyle performance!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Hi!!

In general, it was a good performance but I think that I can help you to make a better one next time.
-First, look happy and have a smile when you're performing! Audience will appreciate it because they'll see that you like what you're doing!
-Secondly, try to find a way to do all your moves in "one" sequence. What I mean by this is that you could find a way to chain your moves without accelerations or cutting.
- And then,if you miss try to look like if nothing happened.

Hope that it will help you and good luck for the next one!!! :)

Laurianne

Dixie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
I like your energy but you forget to breath :P take more rest (will make stuff more solid).

*Thumb up* keep it up

sokkerking12345

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »
Wow that sucks about the music and handsticks. :( But anyway, I have a few pointers.
I'm assuming these people know nothing about diaboloing, and when working with an audience like this, they're going to set the first few things they see as the "baseline" of what's possible and judge everything else that they see off of that. So, start with the extreme basics. Do a few trapezes, lots of suns, and then do some tosses. People looove tosses. They also love whip catches, elevators, and infinite suicides. But back to what I was saying, you kinda have to acclimatize them to it, so they aren't confused about what's going on. Like you did that infinite suicide right off of the bat, and most of the people probably had no idea what to expect from your performance at that point. Look at my talent show performance:
[noembed] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMXIDkESv8 [/noembed]
We did really easy tricks and got an amazing reaction.

Secondly, slow down, and take time to let the audience see the tricks. When holding a pose, wait until you think you should get out of the pose, then wait 10 more seconds. If you had done this with that hand stand cradle, the audience would have gone crazy. But the slowing down applies to all tricks, not just poses.

Lastly, accelerate less. You really don't need as much speed as you think, and this will allow you to spend more time doing tricks.

But nice performance, and awesome tricks.  :-D
"A good genocide is always the answer."

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
Wow that sucks about the music and handsticks. :( But anyway, I have a few pointers.
I'm assuming these people know nothing about diaboloing, and when working with an audience like this, they're going to set the first few things they see as the "baseline" of what's possible and judge everything else that they see off of that. So, start with the extreme basics. Do a few trapezes, lots of suns, and then do some tosses. People looove tosses. They also love whip catches, elevators, and infinite suicides. But back to what I was saying, you kinda have to acclimatize them to it, so they aren't confused about what's going on. Like you did that infinite suicide right off of the bat, and most of the people probably had no idea what to expect from your performance at that point. Look at my talent show performance:
[noembed] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMXIDkESv8 [/noembed]
We did really easy tricks and got an amazing reaction.

Secondly, slow down, and take time to let the audience see the tricks. When holding a pose, wait until you think you should get out of the pose, then wait 10 more seconds. If you had done this with that hand stand cradle, the audience would have gone crazy. But the slowing down applies to all tricks, not just poses.

Lastly, accelerate less. You really don't need as much speed as you think, and this will allow you to spend more time doing tricks.

But nice performance, and awesome tricks.  :-D

In case your wondering ALLL of my tricks got a HUGE reaction, I just edited the noise of the people because it was overwhelming the musinc and ened up like this... and also my string was NEW henry's diabolo string, and it is sooo sliperry when it is brand new that explains the accelerations

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »
I like your energy but you forget to breath :P take more rest (will make stuff more solid).

*Thumb up* keep it up

Thanks! My style is improving more and more! your one of my inspriations Dixie your style is INCREDIBLE!
also could you give me tips on 3D? after the hover opening my shuffle it opens niclely then one diabolo just doesnt shuffle the right way and it looks like a 2d shuffle with the 3rd one in the middle...

deatharch

Leg sun
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 03:11:09 AM »
Do you mind explaining the under the leg backcatch sun (2:49)?  I really want to learn it and I tried it but I got confused.  Thanks.

AznnBoyaZ

Re: Leg sun
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »
Do you mind explaining the under the leg backcatch sun (2:49)?  I really want to learn it and I tried it but I got confused.  Thanks.

Sure thing!
Ok first You have to be able to go into behind the back from a sun. or do a front to back sun. when the Diabolo is behind you. you lift up whichever leg you prefer (i choose left) and bring the string under your other leg (i choose right) then bring your lifted up leg behind and begin around the leg! hope this made sense if not then ill reexpalin it!

deatharch

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:48 AM »
Thanks for replying.  I'm very sorry for no being more clear.  I meant the part right after that.  The backcatch after doing the 180 turn from around the leg.  My string ends up tangled (and I would have to sun it) when I try doing your trick.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
Thanks for replying.  I'm very sorry for no being more clear.  I meant the part right after that.  The backcatch after doing the 180 turn from around the leg.  My string ends up tangled (and I would have to sun it) when I try doing your trick.

Oh ok, well after i 180 i hook over the diabolo and eep turing and make the 180 to a 360, then i do a figure 8 sun under my leg, after that i bring the diabolo back and do a "missed trapeze" over the stick. afterwards i turn to the right then undo the trapeze and swing once more. then i trapeze and undo and go back to around th leg
Hope this helped!

deatharch

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 05:21:33 AM »
Thanks!  I think i have an idea of what is happening now.  I'll  keep practicing.  You've been a great help.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 01:08:39 AM »
Thanks!  I think i have an idea of what is happening now.  I'll  keep practicing.  You've been a great help.

Your welcome! hope you understand and master the trick soon! also it may be easier to practice with bearings first!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal