Author Topic: Ghost taste  (Read 3140 times)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Ghost taste
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
Good morning sunshine! It's monday again. To ease up your roughest day of the week we are giving you a new video.  :-D

After seeing Animal Crackers people requested to see some old school stuff, asked questions of me using a bearing diabolo and carbon sticks. Like stated, I have two directions of play and have separate equipment for those. You shall get what you wanted, no yo-yo stuff here. Jussi and I went and gave some playtime for diabolos. Tons of fun filming old and new ideas. Jussi covers beautifully 2D and some integral stuff and I get to focus on the older style tricks. Feel free to comment and share the link.

Ghost taste
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
Re: Ghost taste
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
I havn't watched it yet, but im freakin' excided!

EDIT: Now i've seen it! You guys made my day! Lovely tricks, lovely music, lovely video!

ahhow5587

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
nice to see wooden stick in the video :-D

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
1:38  :-D

pranay

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »
Chillout video i like it :-)
Really like this special grind by marko.
Good video guys!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
Love the grind around 1:33!

Scrat

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
i love the pinky grind. Also the rest of the vid is quite enjoyable.

Timaeschulze

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Jussi I love your 2d style with this clean and smooth transitions into the next one. The high light was of course this reverse fingergrind, the music just made BOOM and teh trick came out of nowhere! Super awesome!!
This armcombo around 0:45 was also super super cool, the fisheye lense made it for me!
Have to go jamming...

Catjar

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »
must learn that grind
and the around the pole thing was cool too
glad to see some of jussi's tricks again
great video

samuli

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »
The grind has been seen many times on past fdc vids and it is propably from Jouni Ihalainen originaly. Not sure of that, but he is the one I saw perform that first. Jussi really has nice stuff, too bad I missed your session.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
Credits for the pinky grind goes to Jouni who showed it in 2007 @FDC.  That man plays diabolo like a rockstar. If you want to see where the other tricks came from have a look on video description at Vimeo.

Samuli, it is Jouni's originally. If anyone has a chance to go through FDC videos please let me know in which part it is. Jouni does this so much better than I do, more style in it. Definitely worth checking out. Vertax version of it is what he currently uses so I believe this is ready for sharing after 4years ;) No worries about missing out the session Sam, there is always the next session.

Thanks for comments everybody.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

LV

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »
Jussi and Marko is great, if we could get maybe Aaro and Samuli along, this would be super! It already is, that old school stuff is quite fun to watch because I've been doing the same tricks lately :D Mine are much worse, of course.

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
Viva Tampere and its fabulous diabolos!
Nice trick, you're definitely out of any style track, but your own ^^
Rooted diabolist.

Arjan

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »
Not just the grind is awesome, I think all of it was... Loved seeing the Jussi-Marko combo in a video!

Drolleboer

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »
Love the pinky grind!! :-D

Audible Dodo

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
damn cool video n I love ur sticks Marko. nice 1

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
Thank you Marko for the great video! Also thanks to everybody your comments and feedback.

Jussi and Marko is great, if we could get maybe Aaro and Samuli along, this would be super! It already is, that old school stuff is quite fun to watch because I've been doing the same tricks lately :D Mine are much worse, of course.

Maybe someday we will film video including "all" diabolists at Tampere region.. that would be quite nice..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal