Author Topic: Music copyright in diabolo videos?  (Read 5445 times)

eggy900

Music copyright in diabolo videos?
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »
Does anyone know if it is in breach of copyright laws if you use a music track in a diabolo video that is published on the internet.

I need to now if it is legal to use tracks as the background music for diabolo videos. I assume it will be alright as i'm not using the full track and i have credited the artist.

Anyone got any info??

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 02:10:29 PM »
Dunno if it's legal or not, I can't say I've ever heard of anyone get in trouble for it though.  However with Diabology they had loadsa probs with royalty issues and so on so I'm guessing if you're planning on making a professional DVD to sell and make profit from there'd be legal issues there.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 02:26:17 PM »
i think it is illegal but it's only ever a problem if your trying to sell it.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

nezzybaby

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:04:33 PM »
no legal problems at all if you're releasing it for free on the internet, if you're trying to sell it you will need to seek permission and probably pay loyalties.

Infernalmairy

Copyright??
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 02:49:42 PM »
We are making video (me and my friend) in our web sites.
So there is copyright and we afraid we cant put music in our video.
And i will ask you can we put music or is it illegal?

PS: i have bad english so i hope you will understand.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 03:03:04 PM »
Well, other people put music in there videos. I think as long as you do not try to make a $ profit from the video, there shouldnt be any problems with copyright and stuff, but I am not 100% sure. Wait till some other people post about this to see if its legal or not.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Infernalmairy

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 03:34:07 PM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
Well, other people put music in there videos. I think as long as you do not try to make a $ profit from the video, there shouldnt be any problems with copyright and stuff, but I am not 100% sure. Wait till some other people post about this to see if its legal or not.

Well we are thinking to put that video only in our web sites...

Flo

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 05:00:27 PM »
I don't know about other states, but in germany it's illegal, but as said before you usually don't get any problems with it.
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 06:39:22 PM »
like sharpes said, it is illegal in the US but they arent gonna come knocking down your door because you used their song in an amateur video. so in otherwords, you don't have to worry about it unless you're making something that's high profile/for sale (i.e. diabology).

je4d

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 06:47:50 PM »
Putting tracks in videos and distributing it is copyright infringement just like sharing music & movies on peer-to-peer networks is...

However I've yet to hear of anyone getting sued for it. Unless you try to sell your videos, they all seem to turn a blind eye.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal