Author Topic: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos  (Read 190072 times)

Midoryu

Re: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2007, 04:33:53 AM »
What's a backwrap??
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »
Please have a search and read through this thread.

A backwrap is wraping the string around one diabolo in the shuffle. Most commonly to attain speed by doing chinese whips, hover or other ways.

Bloody
Amateurs
Cannot
Keep
Writing
Repetitive
Annoying
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Tomko401

« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
I need help with starting 2d.  I know you can wrap the second diabolo on the string, but from there the secod diabolo falls down on the string.  Need help
TOMKO

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2008, 07:54:20 PM »
Have a peek through this thread (I merged yours with the Starting and Correcting thread), Tomoko. It's got plenty of hints and answers.

From your information, you might not be pulling the diabolo to give it any speed and are just letting it fall down the wrap. You could also try using a throw start instead of wrapping. In any case, check out the first posts in this thread.

-Duncan

Tomko401

« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2008, 04:30:44 AM »
Thanks.
I think its when I get it in the wrap, I start to try and get it spinning, and it falls.
TOMKO

seán_

« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2008, 06:07:54 AM »
You might see a lot of diaboloists 'hovering' the diabolo, they learn this after they get a decent start and feel for 2d usually. Just try and give a gentle spin (just enough that it is stable). Then move your hand to the right (stops slippage) and unwrap (better to think of it as an exit from a trapeze rather than as an unwrap) pretty rapidly before the diabolo falls too far.
Keep at it. 2d is not the easiest thing in the world to learn but it is well worth the effort.

Nahxela

« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2008, 11:29:16 PM »
Perhaps your string is a tad new, and is really slippery?
I think that the Orange UV Fluo string is incredibly slick when you first use it, and it's hard getting a good grip with it (heck, you can even do a triple-wrapped acceleration, and it'll still be fine).

Maybe giving a strong spin with your hands directly after you wrap it will help, although I'm not sure how hard you're spinning it at your start.

Otherwise, you could use a different start, since not every start is universally the easiest.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

seán_

« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »

Maybe giving a strong spin with your hands directly after you wrap it will help, although I'm not sure how hard you're spinning it at your start.

Otherwise, you could use a different start, since not every start is universally the easiest.

If you spin it harder than it needs will the diabolo not be encouraged to slide down the string?

Nahxela

« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34:27 PM »
If you spin it harder than it needs will the diabolo not be encouraged to slide down the string?
What I had thought was the diabolo didn't have enough spin to start with, which may have been the cause of Tomko's troubles, but it was only a hypothetical solution
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

fzzyrn

« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »
i've been trying to learn corrections. String corrections don't seem to be working, so i thought i'd try wrapped corrections. The problem is, when i try to do a wrap, it wraps around both diabs, not just the one i want to wrap. the same thing happens when i try to do a trapeze.

seán_

« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »
String correction isn't that easy and is really only worth mentioning as something that is possible rather than as a desirable first way of correcting.

As for backwraps and stopovers (pretty much the same thing) sounds like you are either trying to apply the wrap like you would in 1d or you are making too big a motion (probably too slow) without seperating the diabs enough. You'll be glad of the ability to wrap both when you come to learn BW sprinklers.

For now I highly suggest sticking with tap corrections since all you really need to start on that is a shuffle you can change the shape of (popping one up to give you the time).

for backwraps and stopovers check out
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=73
http://www.2diabolo.net/?section=5
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=53 (Martijns vid should give you an idea)

Scarp

« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2008, 11:18:15 AM »
I see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yQCNxEtc3k

but i dont understand how he do: Correcting 2 Diabolo (1:39) the first one

anyone have other video?
cause i cant understand it by that video =S

lol,need help :P

Mod edit - moved here because it fits better.

eminem2012

« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
please could someone help me with my 2 diabolo shuffle
i am right handed and when i use my right hand to push down sometimes they seem to shuffle in the oppisite direction help!
and there seems to be minimal space between the 2 diabolos
Thanks
PP

« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2008, 04:59:23 PM »
Yeah, this is how i started as well.
If your using a floor start, try using a wrap or throw start.
The problem with your movement could be one or more of many things:
If you are holding your right hand even, or higher then the left, hold the left higher then the right(Slightly)
Make sure you are shuffling to the beat of your diabolo's landing.
Also, observe your hand movement. - Your right hand should be making a clockwise circle to push the diabolo under, not a counterclockwise which would push it across.

Check all these things and try to work on the movement.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »
Hello, I recently lurned the shuffle but can't correct yet.

But what is the reason that when i start the shuffle the 2 diabolos are straight so no need to correct them first. But after like 10 shuffles they start to turn so they need corrections. What is it that it makes them to go wrong?

Aaron Z

« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
When you begin learning the 2D shuffle, it can be quite difficult to keep the diabolos in the same position. This is mainly caused by incorrect hand movements. Make sure your right hand only moves up, down, and left/right- not forward or backward. If your hand moves forward or backward while shuffling, the string will contact your diabolos' cups, and tilt or turn the diabolo.

As for corrections, once the diabolo you want to correct hits your right string after leaving the left string, as you push downward with your right stick to maintain the shuffle, quickly turn your right stick inwards to face the diabolo. Then while you're pushing the diabolo downward, use the end of your stick to touch the diabolos' cups in the suitable area.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
Alright thanks Aaron,

Do you also know what I am doing wrong if I try to tap the cups and then my diabolo goes of the string?

Aaron Z

« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »
It's because you aren't making the right movements to correct. Correcting should be a subtle movement, try not to over-do the correcting motion or things will go flying. Simply practice until you can correct without disrupting the shuffle movement, and figure out how to position yourself to do just that.

I personally make far-cup corrections by turning my right stick all the way to the right, then just reaching down- because that's the movement that worked for me.

Correction styles vary from juggler to juggler, so practice a little and the movements will come to you.
It just takes a little patience, diabolos' flying away and so on are all part of learning 2D.

Collin

« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:37 PM »
I have 2 large bearing diabolos, and I control them this way:

For turns, I do that wrap/hover acceleration, then tap the cup. for tilt, I do a stick stall with the one diabolo that Doesn'tneed correction, then I move that part forward, so the diabolo on the string tilts as if using 1 diabolo. Hoorays!
Why are so many diaboloists British anyways?

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=512-oAmgY4k

Thats a realy good video of correcting 2d!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal