Author Topic: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos  (Read 175024 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2008, 02:25:12 PM »
Hey kurrygrodan. Try using that 'edit' button next time instead of reposting. ;)

It's always a grind more so than a tap. The diabolos do need to be going sufficiently fast to make it easy. It will work, just keep practising. Also practice with just one diabolo throwing it in a loop to make sure you understand exactly what needs to happen to adjust it as you'd like.

If both diabolos are leaning down, then you have 2 choices. You can either correct both with your stick or you can adjust how you drive the diabolos with your dominant hand. Try making the motion push towards the front. Both diabolos will then slowly start tilting that way.

Will G

« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
When ever i do 2 diabolo they turn and go out of line, please help.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #342 on: November 02, 2008, 08:25:02 PM »
To kurrygrodan. What you could also try is.. Try to correct them in a wrap! Put a wrap on one of the diabolos and just tap it! Try that for a diffrene.

And like Sean is saying. When you try to correct the diabolo on the way I just said you don't tap it but its almost a grind. You just put your stick under the diabolo try it out.6   ;)

mykill

« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:34 AM »
so i've been doing 2D solid for about 3 months.
quick question
you guys who are good at 2D. do you guys need constant corrections or do your hands make sure the diabolo's are alligned. because im discovering if i do not constantly correct them they get thrown off the same plane....
This was a 5 star post ★☆★☆★

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:27 AM »
i consider myself fairly good at 2d and corrections will be necessary after tricks and such. you will learn to keep your shuffle and accelerations aligned in a little bit.
can't believe its not butter

Swix

« Reply #345 on: November 18, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
What diabolos is best for 2d? I have 1 Finesse and 1 Jazz, and it is not working so good together...
Any tips? Is Finesse or a Jazz the best?

Sorry bad English.

flep

« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »
You'll have more fun with finesse because jazz is too small and it's harder to perform tricks with them ;)
hell yeah!

Xev

« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2008, 01:10:36 AM »
so i've been doing 2D solid for about 3 months.
quick question
you guys who are good at 2D. do you guys need constant corrections or do your hands make sure the diabolo's are alligned. because im discovering if i do not constantly correct them they get thrown off the same plane....

If they are spinning fast enough, they will not need correcting for 20-30 throws. At least with Finesse.

Anyway, learning 2D was a fun experience for me. I got a blue Finesse for my birthday in June, then bought a red Finesse soon after. I used 2diabolo.net, and on the second day, I could keep a solid shuffle going until the diabolos went out of line. Then it took me 2 months to learn correcting. It was kind of easy at first: I experimented and figured out that on a Finesse, if you hit these areas of the front cup, it would be tilted in these directions... Think of a vertical plane in front of you, and the front cup's tilt compared to that plane...

Top-right: Right
Bottom-right: Down
Bottom-left (Extremely hard to hit during a shuffle): Left
Top-left: Up

It was a little strange because the diagonal directions would turn the diabolo in the normal directions. Likewise, normal directions turns a diabolo diagonally. If you make a chart for this, all the directions for the places you hit are turned clockwise one-eight of the diabolo's circumference. I'll draw one up quick:

So, after I had that down, there was one main problem: turning the front cup to the left. Up was not a problem because it usually righted itself after a few accelerations, but left did not do this and was hard to hit.. So, you can use the opposite side: instead of front cup bottom-left, use back cup top-right. This is still a difficult movement to make in the middle of a shuffle, but it's easier if you catch the diabolo first and then quickly hit the back cup, top-right.

One more thing is, the diabolo can wobble for a few catches right after a correction. To take care of this, try not to hit the very edge of the diabolo, but a little bit closer to the axle on the outside. This will turn the diabolo with a swift movement to where you want it.

That's about all I have to say on 2D and corrections; I'm still working on it, but I thought some advice after just learning could help. Happy shuffling (and correcting)!

mykill

« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2008, 11:20:17 PM »
atm this is whats happening with my two diabolos.
                      -------
-------            \        /
\       /              \  _ /              <<they keep doing this and i think its affecting my
  \ _ /  ---string- /     \                 ability to start 3D and maintain sprinklers :(
  /    \              /        \
/        \            -------
--------
edit: im not sure which hand has this problem since it does this when i dont use my left hand and when i dont use either hands and hold them together...

any help appreciated im really stuck here ^_^

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #349 on: December 09, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
Try to put your left hand high and your right hand low. With your right stick pointed <---. And try to see how you could put your left stick then.

I think that should help =) Try it and let me know!

mykill

« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »
woot!
ok my shuffle is pretty consistant now.
im doing pretty well 2D over the leg as well ^_^

now the problem is sprinklers. i can do them but how do you guys keep them for so long?
mine die in about 3 seconds cuz i have to open it up or they'll crash...

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #351 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:35 PM »
the trick to long sprinklers is uber amounts of speed, i suggest you learn backwrapping every pass or chinese whipping before you try to hold prinklers long.

good luck :)
can't believe its not butter

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #352 on: December 14, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
Ahem... You clearly haven't met any Finnish diaboloists!?  ;)

mykill

« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2008, 01:41:43 AM »
already know how to chinese whip speed up.
as well i cant backwrap every pass cuz the string is REALLY slippery. as in i cant wrapstart 2D on without insane pulls to start.

how do finnish diaboloists do it?
enlighten me  :-D

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2008, 02:56:47 AM »
If your string is too slippery to do 2d whips then I'd advise rubbing some dry soap up and down it, then rub it off.
Alot of Finnish diaboloists 'pump' their shuffles to go really fast to gain spin from friction via rolling around the string, I do this for my 3d sprinklers - same concept.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Swix

« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
Here is my ever first try with 2 finesse diabolos!
Not very good, but i will be better :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-Mo6GcOUU
My blue Finesse arrived yesterday, and guess im happy ;D

mykill

« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
less left hand will help.
you can shuffle two with just 1 hand and using the right keeps them from going off course better :D

Midoryu

« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
you can shuffle two with just 1 hand and using the right keeps them from going off course better

Would it be inaccurate to say, assuming that one is right handed, that ONLY using your right hand is enough?  Well, I certainly think so.  And if you didn't mean that, then my apologies.  Anyway, that's the reason why only one [Edit] dominant (in this case your right) hand works, 'cause that's all you need.  The left hand could be made into support, but usually it's the right (or dominant) hand that drives the action.  Actually, it's just like keeping a 1D constant (lol!), where the left hand is used to help feed the string to the right hand, which controls almost all the way the diab spins.

For me, at least.   :P
If you juggle and you know it, do [insert complex siteswap notation].

fzzyrn

« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2009, 03:16:19 AM »
you can actually do a shuffle that is dominant with any hand. I do right dominant async shuffles, and donald grant does left dominant (and he's right handed). The point is, it doesnt really matter.

Terminator

« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2009, 11:27:24 PM »
yea.....so my flys broke at school today and I brought out my veryvery old athenas.  A bit small and I tried to use them to do 2d but i seem worse than with the flys.  Any tips on 2d with small diabolos?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal