Author Topic: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos  (Read 189849 times)

Hathaway

• Donator
Re: Starting and correcting 2 diabolos
« Reply #380 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
What you need to do is correct the outer cup, and keep the string in line with the axle!!!! That way the diabolo won't miss the string!!  :-X

4leek24

« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2009, 11:12:17 PM »
What you need to do is correct the outer cup, and keep the string in line with the axle!!!! That way the diabolo won't miss the string!!  :-X
thanks
that helps a little, but i cant get the stick to strike the outer cup hard enough to do a good correction. right now, i correct with inner cup and by hitting the diabolo during a hover wrap.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »
on a more serious note, you have to think about keeping the tip of the stick in the same place as when you do a back cup correction. I'm not sure how to describe it really but say when you do a back cup correction the stick is at 90degrees when you do a front cup you need to turn the stick so it is say 270 degrees and that the tip of the stick is pointing back at you.

I personally find it easier to correct using the backcup but tapping it on the other side of the diab this forces it into the string so that there is less chance of missing it.

4leek24

« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2009, 06:14:18 AM »
thanks, i can now correct properly. i just learned continuous wrapping. the problem is that it goes out of control after after 5 wraps. anytips, or do i need to practice more?

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
Continuous wraps just come with practice. Although I find its primarily a right hnad motion and the left hand really doesn't do much at all.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
as long as both the stick tips and axles stay in line the diabolos will never miss the string. if your having trouble then unfortuantly its like every other juggling problem, it can be solved with practise.
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
i just learned continuous wrapping. the problem is that it goes out of control after after 5 wraps. anytips, or do i need to practice more?
Also keep in mind that it will be easier if you reach across and pick the diabolo off the string as opposed to trying to wrap it mid-air. Watch some of the old 2d trick videos on Priam's original site.

« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:21 AM »
 :'( 2d is hard... luckily I've decided that the wrap start is the easiest start for me :-D i cant do a throw in and also it's good practice when you're practicing by yourself... hope this helps :-|

lee31392

« Reply #388 on: July 19, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Hi guys, I know you probably get a lot of these threads but I can't find one that applies to me. [Mod edit: no worries, merged it with one that does apply]

Basically, I am a very competent single diabolo user, but I want to move on to 2 diabolos. I'm left handed though. I can do the throw in start (start with a spinning diabolo, both sticks in one hand, throw another diabolo up (from the left hand, spinning clockwise) catch it on the right side of the string), I do this, the shuffle gets going but then it always stops. The diabolo that was thrown in always looses speed and just messes up. Please help.

Toby

• Donator
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2010, 04:24:28 PM »
If the diabolo you've thrown up is landing on the right hand side, then you're trying to shuffle the wrong way. You want the diabolo to land on the left hand side and you should be popping the diabolo across with your right hand.

Rossta

« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2010, 02:15:39 AM »
I am just starting to get a few ossc with 2D after many years of using 1D.  I have about a 50% success rate with the throw start (but that normally falls on the first ossc even if I catch it) and i cannot get a wrap start at all yet (the diabolo will always turn too much when trying this and it is far too soon to start learning corrections).  My best to date is probably about 10-15 ossc before I lose one.  Anything that anyone can say that might help me get the hang of starting the second one better.  I need a more accurate throw on axis and spin.

finesse

« Reply #391 on: September 05, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »
The wrap start is an important thing to learn, so if i were you, practise it.
To make your diabolo stay straight while hovering, you could either start with the diabolo crooked, and when it evens out with the other diabolo, you unwrap it.
Or else, you could correct the diabolo whilst being in the hover, by simply tapping the diabolo.
It takes some time, but it is important to learn.
Good luck.

Rossta

« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »
Thanks Finesse.  I am a way off learning corrections yet.  Today I received my new order from Oddballs (2 * Henrys Jazz medium size & 2 * Sundia Fly)  I have been practicing all morning and with the Henrys I can now get around 50 ossc of the shuffle and seem to understand how to vary the height.  I even felt brave enough to pop 1 up out of the shuffle and catch it back in which I did manage a couple of times.  My goal is to keep practicing the shuffle until such time as I can visualise corrections properly.  I can angle correct naturally but axis correction eludes me at this point in time.

I have been watching some of the tutorial videos and reading these threads so I understand how it is done.  It is just a case of practice now.  I will get there soon enough.  I always do  :)

finesse

« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
Good to hear you progressing.
I never do axle correction, i don't really see the need in it.
I simply tap the top or the sides of the cups to get them in the right angle.
The far off cup can be a bit hard to correct, but that will come in time.

twostime

« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »
So, two & a half years after buying a pair of Finesses . . .  I can at last get them to shuffle.

I am a little elderly so forgive the time its taken.  The point of the post is;

1.  Don't give up
2. find someone who can already shuffle two.

I have struggled for two year with collapsing shuffles and tangled stings but that all changed when I visited Oddballs in Brighton & bought 2 new "Glary" Tiabolos.  Lovely, translucent, light & wide; guaranteed to get my shuffle going I was told by Max's son.

And so it turned out, a few attempts with the Tai's and voilà! Shuffle going just fine :-D. But wait a minute, I revert to the Finesses and voilà they work too!  :-|

So what was the answer?

I think it was watching Max's son shuffle the diabolos.

For me (right handed) it's down to the left hand.  He clearly demonstrated how to shuffle two diabolos.  I have read (quite a bit of) this thread, looked at various sites & vids, (old and new) but what really helped was seeing someone get them shuffling, in the flesh.

Seems to me you need to employ the stronger hand from time to time to give a little bit of extra oomph but, much more importantly, the weaker hand to pop the diabolos up.  I'm sure that's been written before in the last 20 pages of this thread but I guess that its not a problem to repeat it.  Correction of all sorts will require lots of practice; I'm still not much good even though I know the theory.  Deftness of touch is key and can only be acquired through practice, practice and more practice. (years ahead in my case, minutes in the case of certain younger forum members!)

So, concentrate on your weaker hand & go out there and make some contacts. (The sharing of knowledge that makes juggling such a great pastime)

Thanks to Max's son at Oddballs in Brighton too!

Happy juggling.

gnauhwerdna

« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
sorry for bringing back this dead thread, but.
I'm currently working on 2 diabolos, and i've gotten it to start, but i can't shuffle. The two Sundia Shinings (bearing yoyos, oh the horror  :P) hit each other after I unwrap theone I put in. either that, or i drop the shuffling.

seán_

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »
Gnauhwerdna just keep working at it and reading this thread and checking out videos.
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=34 is worth reading as well

If you've managed to shuffle the diabolos at all then you just need practice to keep the shuffle going. If you are failing to get the shuffle every time then you are starting badly and might need to work on that (or try a different start)

Finding someone that can already do 2d will be a big help (juggling clubs/conventions - check www.jugglingdb.com)

gnauhwerdna

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
thank you!

NC1138

« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »
I have been asking around trying to find out how to do multiple diabolo for ages but I have had no luck. People have tried passing it in I have tried self start and wrap start, plus I have been at it constantly for 2 years now, but still no luck!

Plz help!!!!

NC Forever!

Tralopit

« Reply #399 on: June 09, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
Hi,

I have lots of troubles with rewrapping a diabolo during the shuffle to accelerate,
when I rewrap one I can't get it higher in the string and they collide fast afterwards.
I tried to pull with my stick slowly and faster, but with no success. I use Finesse G4's without evo kits, if that's important to know.
Hopefully someone knows what I am doing wrong:)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal