Author Topic: How long into diboloing did you start 2D?  (Read 6400 times)

connor23

How long into diboloing did you start 2D?
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:24:22 AM »
I plan on getting a Finesse G4 and i was thinking that i might start doing 2D some time later after i get decent at single diabolo tricks. Well i was wondering how soon the people who do 2D started doing 2 after they started diaboloing because i heard that it's a good idea to get diabolos for 2D at the same time and if its soon enough i'll just get 2 finesses instead of buying one, then spending more money down the road for 2 more

Would others recommend getting 2 diabolos now, or could i play with it for about a week to see if i like it enough to buy another for 2D

Vinkent

Re: How long into diboloing did you start 2D?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:57 AM »
I started 2 or 3 months after starting, but it took me about a month to learn it.

Mr.D

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:14:05 AM »
You really can't go wrong with the Finesse - it is great, and I believe the lots of thousands of diaboloists loving them proves that. So if you plan on having diabolo as a long term hobby, getting two Finnesses now is a good idea. Then you can start practicing 2d when you feel like it and don't have to wait impatiently when you want to start and order a second one.

You should start doing 2d just when you feel like it. I started after 3 months or so and it seems that many people do. It's probably just because at that time you will start to feel that learning new 1d moves is getting more challenging and you wish to open up the possibility of 2d. Additionally, you'll be at a comfortable skill-level to not loose motivation when practicing 2d - it is hard and it does take some effort. This all depends on how much you practice per day off course.

Good luck and I hope you keep diaboloing!
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.
http://www.questionablecontent.net

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 06:19:04 AM »
I did like 1,5 years with one before going to two. Go for it if you want to. If you enjoy 1D don't haste it.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

sokkerking12345

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
I took about 4-5 months. (I use finesses and they are awesome.  :-D )

On a mildly related note, how long before you guys started 3D?
"A good genocide is always the answer."

sneaky

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »
i never used to diabolo much, but now im actually into it. it took me 1-2 years to try 2d, and about a  week or so to get corrections and a nice shuffle :)

SebiHausi

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:01:13 PM »
i started practising 2d after about 3 months and started with 3d after like 1,5 year.

connor23

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
I've decided I'm going to get one right now and I'll try it for a week then decide if i want to get another.

smoothassilk

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
It took me about a year and a half but I know that people have done it without learning any 1d first. If you want to open that area of tricks, go for it, but don't think that you'll be limited if you don't as there are Hundreds of 1 diabolo tricks.

nick bonnes

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 07:44:49 PM »
I started with 2D after about half year ...
The entire base (Acceleration, correct and shuffle) I did about two months (and a few basic tricks) ...

rochdalejak

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
i was diaboloing for 3 years (ish) the picked up 2D IN a month i kinda set myself targets like i said i wouldnt learn 2D until i could do a mini-G and im not gona learn 3-D until i cant do intergal suicicdes. but thats just me cause im weird :D

jak  8)
:) yep thats me

picinko

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
i started when i had diaboled about a half year and learn shuffle took me about 3 weeks

Isei

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
I've been diaboloing for nearly 3 years, and haven't ever felt the need to learn 2.

Mushi98

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 05:18:16 PM »
After I was diaboloing for about 3 months - I started practicing 2d - and got it after 3 weeks  ;)

dragonrabbit

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
In actual time from when i first started diaboloing, probably 2 or 3 years :S (?) I just picked up a second because I though it'd be fun XD I hadn't learnt all the 1D advanced tricks when i started 2D, though now I've started doing both (advanced tricks for 1D, any tricks I can find for 2D)

Sam 1060

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »
i have been diaboloing for about 3 years but i got 2 from the start but did not learn 2d till about 15 weeks ago

chrisj

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 01:35:56 AM »
I started about 2 years in, but I wasn't very serious about diabolo at that point...If you count from the time I got serious, probably about 2 months, no more than 3

martingz

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
about 2 or 3 weeks,i got 2d 3-4 weeks later.i learnt genocides and others tricks later

LiamOS

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 12:50:30 AM »
I was diaboloing for about four and a half years before starting 2D... The reason was that I only had one diabolo, and had next to no access to the internet or any other diaboloists. I started about two months after finding out that 2D was possible and not terribly difficult to pick up.
Dibolos in fast forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal