Author Topic: Difference between the taibolos?  (Read 9841 times)

AznnBoyaZ

Difference between the taibolos?
« on: July 11, 2011, 06:03:43 PM »
Hi

i was just wondering what is the difference between the taibolo light weight and the super v2?
because there is quite a price change between the 2 diabolos and also is the orange taibolo string jus
a colored version of the white?
and how are the sticks? are they good? do they wear or feel..rickety?
sorry for all trhe questions!
Thanks!

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
Re: Difference between the taibolos?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
I'm not sure,but I hear that v2 has better weight distribution(more in extremes than center)

SebiHausi

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
i only have the v2, but i heard that the glary is even lighter and kinda weird to play.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
i only have the v2, but i heard that the glary is even lighter and kinda weird to play.

well i didnt say glary i said the taibolo light weight this http://www.taibolo-usa.com/buy.html the first one on the page.
it weighs .45 pounds or 205 grams.. thats crazy light! but i want to know how that one plays.. would Nev know?

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
couldn't you send them an email?  I'm sure youll get all the answers to your questions if you contacted them.

SebiHausi

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
oh, my bad. i have no idea about them.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
oh, my bad. i have no idea about them.

naw it's ok don't worry about it. and have u tried taibolo string? the 2 colors.

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »
couldn't you send them an email?  I'm sure youll get all the answers to your questions if you contacted them.

I would send an email but it the company and they would give me a biased opinion unless I was asking about the specs.

Egad!

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
The taibolo light is a ball bearing diabolo that is geared towards ease of use for younger kids and beginners.  The pro v2 is better because of it's weight distribution and it is designed for more playability then the light. This diabolo has a very plastic feel to it so it feels very awkward.  The glary is too light to play with and falls apart constantly.  The handsticks have very soft handles but feel very breakable as well, and the short version is too short.  the string is way to slick or way too grippy.  I dont know what your playing level is at this point, but heres my suggestion.

-Go with sundia suns
-Go with henry's carbon
-Stick with henrys yellow string

Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

Chickeneater72790

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:18:33 AM »
the difference between the taibolo light weight and super v2 is mainly the weight.  This light weight taibolo is better for little kids as using the super would put too much strain on their wrists so even five year olds can diabolo.  simply put, beginners and little kids would be best suited to using the taibolo light weight.  Also, if one is just looking for a diabolo to learn the basics and just have fun with diabolo on a less serious note, then this is the best diabolo for them due to its lower price.

The orange taibolo string is NOT the same as the white.  The orange string is nylon whereas the white string is cotton and thus the white string is stickier/grippier than the orange nylon.  The orange nylon is much much much more slippery than the white one.

As for the sticks, imo, they are good for me.  The short carbons are a nice length and the foam is not too soft nor too stiff.  If the sticks are taken care of and not abused, they will last a long time and will not wear.  I still have my first pair since I started diabolo which was about 6 years ago and I'm still happily using it

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
The orange taibolo string is NOT the same as the white.  The orange string is nylon whereas the white string is cotton and thus the white string is stickier/grippier than the orange nylon.  The orange nylon is much much much more slippery than the white one.

As for the sticks, imo, they are good for me.  The short carbons are a nice length and the foam is not too soft nor too stiff.  If the sticks are taken care of and not abused, they will last a long time and will not wear.  I still have my first pair since I started diabolo which was about 6 years ago and I'm still happily using it

ok now this is what I was looking for! a perfect responds! but one more question is in my mind. can the taibolo light weight be used for advanced tricks? or is it mainly for just kids and beginers?

Egad!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »
If the sticks are taken care of and not abused, they will last a long time and will not wear.
  Good luck with that one LOL.  ;)
Pickles are cucumbers in their ultimate form!

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 02:53:33 AM »
The taibolo light is a ball bearing diabolo that is geared towards ease of use for younger kids and beginners.  The pro v2 is better because of it's weight distribution and it is designed for more playability then the light. This diabolo has a very plastic feel to it so it feels very awkward.  The glary is too light to play with and falls apart constantly.  The handsticks have very soft handles but feel very breakable as well, and the short version is too short.  the string is way to slick or way too grippy.  I dont know what your playing level is at this point, but heres my suggestion.

-Go with sundia suns
-Go with henry's carbon
-Stick with henrys yellow string

ok the taibolo light is not ball bearing. it there is a ball bearing VERSION of it.
i have tried henrys string and hate it. im sorry to say but henrys has let me down and the sticks are too long for me
they look and feel weird

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
Does anyone know how long Taibolo orange and white strings last? And is there a better one for both 1 and 2 diabolos?

spryoyabe

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
This is what taibolo usa says...
Orange String-
Very slippery.
Best for single diabolo tricks.
Can be used for multiple diabolo play.
Suitable for fixed axle diabolos.

White String-
Great for multiple-diabolo play as it gives good grip of diabolos
Slippery enough for single diabolo play
Suitable for both fixed axle diabolos and bearing diabolos

spryoyabe

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
But seriously any string from any of the major diabolo companies will get the job done

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
Ok. Is slippery better for a diabolo string?

spryoyabe

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »
slippery is better for 1d

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »
and how about for 2d?

spryoyabe

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
like i posted above it should still be slippery, but it needs to have good grip. Too slippery will just make you put more force into 2d and accelerations

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal